Hatch Mott MacDonald Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.4

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

A total of 3 interviews. The first one was a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a general interview assessing your personality and compatibility, finally a technical interview with the team you will be working with.

Environmental Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald (Hunt Valley, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR to set up a date/time for an interview, and was able to get an appointment in about a week. The interview was informal and friendly, and the entire staff was professional throughout. At the end of the interview I was shown around the office and met everyone and was told how they fit in at HMM.

Interview Questions

• What classes I have taken to prepare me for this internship.   1 Answer

I received an offer with another company that had work that was more relevant to my career goals, and interested me more.

Environmental Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald (Hunt Valley, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Received an email from HR to schedule an interview. It was scheduled in about a week in advance and the location was on site. The people are very professional and 5 different people talked to me in the process. However later I followed up with no response. And 2 months later the manager emailed me saying they are cancelling the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about my background and education. Also talked to me about my design projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald (Iselin, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Process was very quick. Phone interview with head of group and collection of technical managers. In person interview within a week with same people. Technical guys seemed very sharp and seemed very down to earth. Overall it seemed like a place I would enjoy working at.

Interview Questions

• Software Design Life Cycle Quiz - Given these requirements, 1) How would you gather requirements 2) What architecture would you use 3) How would you keep customer updated on progress/features 4) How would you store and manage code 5) How would you test/debug code.   Answer Question

Logistics of employment were not accurately communicated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with three people, a manager, a mechanical engineer, a CAD drafter. Started with self introduction. Asked about AutoCAD skills and experience. Talked about knowledge and experience in corrosion prevention, pipeline design, materials selection and so on. Finally, took a CAD skill test to draw a 3D model using AutoCAD 2015.

Interview Questions

• If temperature is too high/low, how will flow be affected?   Answer Question

Entry Level I Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 employees at the Holyoke branch. The environment was comfortable and their was a good give and take with questions. Make sure you can explain your specific interest in the company and of course your research on the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with not much field work? Mostly read from my resume..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Millburn, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald (Millburn, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. The culture of the company was more business casual. I interviewed with several key members of the water group, learning about the business from each of them. They, in turn, asked me several questions and gave me an offer 12 hours later.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult question asked was if I was open to working in other disciplines. My response was yes.   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald (Morgantown, WV) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview focused on my land surveying background, mining impacts on the environment, and reclamation work. 100% of the work that my office performed was related to mining and subsidence mitigation. Both people in the interview were in my chain of supervisory command, so it was good to see the folks in charge being involved with the field staff.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald.

Interview

I had an employee referral and also submitted an online application. I went for an initial meeting in one office and they said they would get back to me. This first meeting was more of an informational interview for them to get to know me and for me to learn more about the company and the position. In the end I interviewed for a different office and was given the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred speciality?
      What do you know about the company
      1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hatch Mott MacDonald (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

The process involved two interviews with two different groups of people. The interview questions were very easy and basic questions. The interviewers were more interested in getting a sense of what kind of person you are.