Hatstand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hatstand Interview Questions

3.3

Associate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hatstand (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and spoke to someone from HR regarding my previous experience and whatnot. Then I took an online IKM Java assessment which was tricky and the questions were extremely hard. I looked up the assessment online and many people were saying how it was more difficult than the Sun certification.

I do give the person from HR points for keeping me updated with the progress.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hatstand.

Interview

1-1 interview on campus at university, 1 online technical test and last telephony interview. 1-2 week gap in every round.
    1-1 interview was for 60-70 minutes.
    Online test was of around 60 min and had 50 questions.
    Telephony interview was for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1-1 interview was mostly behavioral. Discussed about my work experience, education and management skills.
      Technical test was easy and the last telephony interview with the manager was behavioral, mainly asking why do you want to join Hatshand?, Why financial industry?, why this job? etc..
      HR i.e Sarah is great and responded very well till the interview process completed

I cleared all the interviews. They were dealing with a client for some positions and kept me without offer till the deal ends and unfortunately it didn't went into their pocket. They were having other projects and told me to wait till they get another position available but I never got any contact from them even after sending number of follow up mails however their website lists the same position in the job openings list.

To cut in short: Don't entirely rely on them. If you are getting other descent options better select those.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hatstand.

Interview

No offer but interview process was very smooth and people were very nice. HR reached out to me on the phone after I applied and we talked for few minutes and then she scheduled a longer interview. I spoke to two people (Christine and Sara) and they were very nice. I also had to take online test for java. Even though I didn't get the job, Christine called or emailed me every few days to update me the status and that was pleasant surprise.. good HR department that seems like they care about applicants.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hatstand.

Interview

I had several phone screens with people at Hatstand. They all asked the same (generally) stupid questions, and appear to not have communicated with one another, thereby wasting an hour of my time.

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hatstand (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was very well organized and smooth. Tests were included to verify overall knowledge of financial world as well as technical ability. The technical interviewer demonstrated thorough knowledge of the material - appreciable, as this is not always the case. In all, found a very positive, respectful and collaborative disposition from all parties introduced, which very much eased a typically tense situation.

Junior C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hatstand (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Just had answer some questions about finance (as the role was for an investment bank) and then I was asked to write some short programs. The staff was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was your Bachelor's thesis about?
      If I gave you 9 numbers, from 1 to 10 and no repeated, how would you find which number is missing checking each number only once and without keeping track of which numbers you have already seen?   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hatstand (Royal Tunbridge Wells, England (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

After an initial discussion with the Operations manager, based on a referral, I was invited to meet the CEO to discuss the company and opportunity. He realised I lived near him so to cause minimal disruption to my working life, he invited me to meet him at his home. It was a very friendly, informal conversation which delved into my aspirations and skill sets. He was very open and created a good feel for the "personality" of the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing I wouldn't have expected, just based around continuity of employment history, I had been a bit jumpy for a few years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate so maintained my current salary with increased comms opportunity, as well as a much nicer company ethic.