Havok.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Havok.com Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Havok.com

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Havok.com (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position. Got called 1-2 weeks after by HR. We briefly discussed about my experience and was told a test would follow. After another 1-2 weeks I scheduled the 2 hour test at a fixed time. Initially the person sending the test would email me 5 min before the fixed time - 10 min after the start time and still no answer, eventually I got the test with the delay.

The test wasn't difficult yet there were many questions for the given interval. There were 3 sections mainly (general programming algorithms - simple ones, architecture/optimization problems and 1 3d math problem) - each test had a point score 10 or 15 points. I didn't do the math problem (ran out of time), but did very well on architecture/optimization and fairly well on algorithms (without 1 exercise which I had no time).

Interview Questions

• Recursions vs loops, big/little endian, pointer arithmetic, triangle point ids (algorithmic), AI 3D tracking (3d math)   1 Answer

Graphics Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Havok.com in June 2015.

Interview

- Quick phone screening with HR
    - 2h technical test
    - In depth screening with technical HR, discussing possible positions, etc.; the technical HR is the main contact from this point
    - Technical interview with leads of the studio aimed
    - Test to do over the weekend
    - Day of interviews on site

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience.   1 Answer
    • Why is the main bottleneck with voxel cone tracing?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Havok.com (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Got initial reply from HR within a week after submitting my resume.
    Scheduled my first background interview(non-technical) a week after.
    Took an e-mail exam a week after.
    Hit their release date, so my technical interview took place two weeks after.
    Had an onsite interview a week later.
    Finally got the offer letter within a week and took the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to push the process faster with my other offers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Havok.com (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2011.

Interview

I first talked to a recruiter on the phone, and completed a written programming test for him. Then a week or so later, I had a technical interview with an engineer on the team that the position was with. A few weeks after that I had an on-site interview that was a 4 hour programming test using a real development environment followed by technical group interviews and 1 on 1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain at the whiteboard for 5 minutes something technical from my resume.   Answer Question