Hawaii Pacific University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hawaii Pacific University Interview Questions

Interviews at Hawaii Pacific University

2.3

Assistant Interview

Interview

No interview required. I simply applied and that was it. Later I had to go to Human Resources in order to fill out some paper work and such. Other than that a fairly simple process.

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, having applied for the position off the main HPU website and filling out a simple application, I was contacted three weeks later and met the Assistant Director and Manager for a short 15 minute interview in a conference room. Typical questions about my work experience background and what is expected of the job position. Another two weeks would pass before hearing the decision about hiring me on, and doing all the standard paperwork at the university.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you had to deal with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in June 2008.

Interview

I met directly with the person that I would be working for if selected for the position. The person I interviewed with talked in generalities about the job duties, and I gave him an overview of how my previous experiences were similar to what they were looking for. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and seemed to go well; however, I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• How do you accomplish your daily duties when there are frequent interruptions?   3 Answers

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed over the summer and their main recruitment manager had just left the department. I emailed with the manager of the IT department and came in for a brief interview after two weeks.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in January 2013.

Interview

Lag of time. No requirements for letters of recommendation, previous work, etc. A short technical presentation. They ran out of money so there was no campus visit, only Skype interview. They seem unorganized and lazy.

Interview Questions

• Rather uninformative and not specific. No mentioning of academic outcomes, standards, grants, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in November 2011.

Interview

As with any higher education hire, this was a long process. In Hawaii it is best to be local. When looking for a job, already have a Hawaii address. The teaching portion of my interview process was waived as one member of the hiring committee had already evaluated me in a previous situation. This institution puts a very high priority on teaching ability

Interview Questions

• You are aware that this will be a full-time position? You cannot hold any other positions whilst working here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was non-existent. I was told a salary and that they "got as much as they could from HR"

Writing Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University.

Interview

Not much, really. A discussion and a review of your written work. After all, you are just a student helping another student. Interviewer pretty much perused your material that you bring in or the one that was referred to them by another professor and asked some simple personality questions and stuff like why would you like to be a tutor.

Interview Questions

• If a student has writers block and comes to your for help, what steps would you take to get them out of their funk.   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in August 2012.

Interview

it was a part time student worker position in a faculty relate office. the interview questions was wrote on a piece of paper and interviewers took notes on my answer during interview. i think they can decide if they want hire someone or not but first few minutes.

Interview Questions

• it was my first official interview with more than 3 interviewers, so i paused little when i was asked about weakness   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in September 2013.

Interview

I was called for an interview within a week after submitting my application. I didn't know what to expect as I didn't get many details over the phone. When I got there I actually had a board interview with the manager and 3 other current employees. However the atmosphere was relaxed and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• How was your relationship with your previous Supervisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations in place.

Education Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a phone within a few days stating the date and times available for an interview if interested. I returned the call and scheduled an interview for the next day.

They have the job posting and requirements/specifications printed for you and allow you time to review it, if need be.

You are interviewed by 2 to 3 people: the person you are replacing, your future boss and their boss. They take turns asking questions and each person writes their comment on the paper with the questions.

You will get asked typical questions, such as:

"Why are you interested in this position?"
    "What is something you can provide for HPU?"
    "Would you rather be told all the details of a task or just a 'short-version'?"
    "Why should we hire you?"

They'll ask questions to determine how you handle constructive criticism, mistakes, and/or any logistics issues, such as:

"Give an example of how you would handle a situation when it's brought to your attention that you are doing something incorrectly."

"What would be a reason you cannot make it to work on time?"

And you might get presented with a scenario or two, such as:

"It's lunch time, you haven't eaten yet and the deadline is coming up on a project for your boss soon. You are helping a customer, the phone rings, an angry customer comes in demanding help. Run through how you would handle this situation."

If you feel you didn't answer a question to the best of your ability, you can go back and explain or clarify your answer. They also allow room for your questions.

You will not get feedback right away, it's up to HR to get back to them and then they inform you. This process could take weeks.

Interview Questions

• What kind of person do you have a hard time working with?   Answer Question