Hawaii Pacific University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 24 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hawaii Pacific University

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI)

Interview

It was Pretty informal. I Just met with one head of a small department . They needed to fill a class pretty last minute. So basically wanted to know my schedule

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my teaching experience
    1 Answer
  • Asked about my schedule and my other job.
  • To write a syllabus in short time frame based in existing copy from that department

Hawaii Pacific University

Application

I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University

Interview

I met with the director and we spoke for about a half hour. She was very welcoming and allowed me to work as independently as needed, I felt trusted and empowered during my time there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in Jan 2019

Interview

After I applied the manager reached out to me very quickly to schedule an interview. I arrived to the location and other employees helped me find her and the environment was kind of messy but in the organizing process. The face to face interview was very comfortable and quick.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hawaii Pacific University

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University in Mar 2018

Interview

It was awesome and easy first interview I got hired in during to covid and how bad they were hiring. Stephanie is really great and works with scheduling

Interview Questions
  • How many years have you had customer service experience?

Hawaii Pacific University

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University

Interview

Notification of the interview was via email. The interview itself was with a panel of three people, two directors and one academic counselor. The offer was over phone with no room for any type of salary or benefit negotiation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI)

Interview

Two part process building from a local department interview, to a panel interview with the CIO in the lead chair. Somewhat informal interview process, but otherwise extremely professional and completely relevant and honest to the position.

Interview Questions
  • What do you look for when evaluating a future employers organizational culture, and what kind of culture/work environment to you hope to be a part of?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI)

Interview

The interviewers took at least 3 months after the interview to tell me that I didn't get the job (and didn't seem to rush in getting this position filled). The two-people interview panel were nice enough. However, if I had known this position had a high turnover rate in over a decade, I would've thought twice before applying.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for this job? What do you like best about event management?

Hawaii Pacific University

Application

I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University

Interview

No interview required. I simply applied and that was it. Later I had to go to Human Resources in order to fill out some paper work and such. Other than that a fairly simple process.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in Jun 2016

Interview

I interviewed over the summer and their main recruitment manager had just left the department. I emailed with the manager of the IT department and came in for a brief interview after two weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific University (Honolulu, HI) in May 2016

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, having applied for the position off the main HPU website and filling out a simple application, I was contacted three weeks later and met the Assistant Director and Manager for a short 15 minute interview in a conference room. Typical questions about my work experience background and what is expected of the job position. Another two weeks would pass before hearing the decision about hiring me on, and doing all the standard paperwork at the university.

Interview Questions
  • What is one challenge you had to deal with and how did you overcome it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews