Hawaiian Telcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hawaiian Telcom Interview Questions

3.1

Consumer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Telcom (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

After passing the online test, and practical test there was a Panel Interview with two hiring employees. They have a series of questions that they take turns asking and also note your answers. This process takes approximately 30-45 mins Then there is an interview on a later date with the director of that department this was a brief interview less than 15 mins this is your chance to ask questions about the position and get a feel for the department. After the brief interview there is time to sit with one the representatives to observe and actually see what the job entails.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult customer and what were the results?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Telcom in March 2016.

Interview

Received a call for a interview. First interview was more of a "get to know who you are" interview and if you'll fit in the team. Received a follow up call for a technical interview the following day.

Interview Questions

• How was your vmware network setup?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Telcom (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

The interview process was a such a disaster. I was surprised my interview and hiring process wasn't managed better by HR. I was also shocked with how many separate interviews took place and the amount of people I met. I was also disappointed with the lack of courtesy of calling all 5 of my references and keeping them on the phone for at least 20 minutes each. One contact was C-Level and didn't have time for 20+ questions and talking story.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hawaiian Telcom (Honolulu, HI) in November 2014.

Interview

4 step interview process, I made it all the way until the 3rd interview which was the 'interrogation room' as I would call it. It's been a while since I've been a stay at home mom, but some of the questions they ask are just ridiculous and make you draw a blank. You have to either have a ton of experience or be a great liar to answer correctly the questions they ask and scenarios they give

CARE Representative Call Agent Interview

Interview

Took the 2 hours of testing. Passed both and was told I did very well. Did the interview with 2 managers which also went very well. I knew every answer. The two gave me a nickname for around the office. At the end they told me I should get one of the 3 openings.

Interview Questions

• Mainly psychological with some basic technical. Easy answers unless u r nuts.   Answer Question

Customer CARE Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Telcom (Honolulu, HI) in August 2014.

Interview

You initially have to pass a typing test (35wpm, I think), and a very easy logic/math test. If you pass you can/will be called back for an interview with one (in my case 2) of the CARE supervisors (your potential boss). You will be asked lots of role-playing type questions regarding how you would go about supporting their products (telephone, internet, TV).

Interview Questions

• You will be asked many scenario, role-playing type questions which you will have to provide end-to-end responses on how you would troubleshoot the situation without any prompts (the proctors give the scenario/question, then stop talking and write down everything you say until you stop talking - so be verbose). eg: A person calls you saying that they are unable to access google.com with the error message "Page cannot be displayed". How would you troubleshoot this issue with the customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hawaiian Telcom (Honolulu, HI) in June 2014.

Interview

A very long process. Lots of testing and days of coming back in for more interviewing. First you take a few tests, then you are interviewed by someone in HR, then you come back again to be interviewed by management, and then lastly by the director of your department.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Telcom (Honolulu, HI) in June 2014.

Interview

Any make can pass and they will not submit a test, as longer you are up to speed with tecnology news - just the highlights, and agree to the company IT local culture of having no time for personal life, enjoy hanging out for drinking and gambling, and can talk about football and apple.com
    That would lead a pass interview that fits the IT team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

what I was able to negotiate, was not presented later

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hawaiian Telcom (Honolulu, HI) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was a structured interview, which means the same questions asked of each candidate and the interviewer(s) are not able to explain a question, only allowed to repeat. My interview was with two people and they were making notes of my answers.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were situational.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hawaiian Telcom (Honolulu, HI) in October 2011.

Interview

Sent resume. Got a phone call. Meet in person. After meeting, the manager called later and told me that I was acceptable but due to salary cap they can only offer a certain amount. It's lower than my then job.