Haymarket Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Haymarket Media Group Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.6

Web Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group.

Interview

It was very informal, approximately 15 minutes and was overall a pleasant experience. No hard questions at all. I thought perhaps I had lost the interview round because the interview process was so quick but I did get the job in the end.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The offices appeared like your typical fast-paced newsroom, but inside the reporter bullpen everyone was very laidback and focused. It was an almost zen like atmosphere in the heart of Midtown.

The interview went smoothly. I felt as though it was a place where I my writing could flourish and grow.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group.

Interview

Phone in interview, about some basics and mvc.
    In person interview with team lead and couple of seniors. Went in depth with filter and other options in MVC. Garbage collection etc on .NET

Then met with director, again garbage collection and some other topics.

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional interviewers who seemed uninterested and unprepared for interview. Asked few substantial questions and appeared uninterested in their own work, let alone in the candidates they were seeing. Overall, I was not left with a favorable impression of the company based simply on the demeanor of the interviewers.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group in November 2014.

Interview

Haymarket needs to have a much more streamlined process, and needs to involve Human Resources into their interview process. For my process, HR was not involved, and I just got a call from the hiring manager, was offered the job, but then did not hear back from anyone after many follow-up emails. Very unprofessional on their end.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with dealing with external clients?   Answer Question

Haymarket Media Group Response

May 14, 2015 – Recruitment Business Partner

We would always advise our managers to involve the internal recruitment team once a decision has been made. We do trust our managers to arrange and interview candidates without anyone from HR ... More

Digital Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

After a phone interview with a director supervisor and director, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with several others. While I was told that C-level executives would be at my interview, none were able to attend at the last minute. The interview ran 20-30 minutes behind schedule because they couldn't locate a meeting room.

Interview Questions

• How would you relate your previous experience to this role?   Answer Question

Quicker Interview

Interview

It was great, fast, and easy. Everyone was very helpful and cordial

Negotiation

It was very good and fair

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I found the initial job on Craigslist, and it was originally for a temp position. I was contacted via email and came in to have an interview. I had an verbal interview with my future boss (I don't think they have independent interviewers here). I came in for a second interview. I was picked for an interview because I included a letter of recommendation with my resume when this was not asked. I was told it helped me stand out.

It was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• I was basically told that they were concerned that I would find the work boring - this caught me off guard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I would recommend that someone try it! Why not?

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Twickenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (Twickenham, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was guided by a line manager and a senior manager for this role and was a two stage interview.

For the first stage, the four interviewees are given a basic mathematics test, a prioritisation task, and some mocked up campaign data to analyse, in pairs, provide insight into, and present to the interviewers and other interviewees. The other interviewees were all respectful of each others ideas, and the interviewers went out of their way to make sure everyone felt comfortable and had a good idea of what the company and the role were about.

After this they answered any questions we had on the role and the company, and gave us more information on what the role would entail (Day-to-day expectancies and a time line of what responsibilities we would be taking up over the first 6 months or so).

Initially both stages were scheduled to be on the same day however the first stage overran, and so the second stage was moved to the following week. The interviewers were apologetic about this fact and quickly made time in the following week for the second stage.

The second stage was an individual interview with the line manager and a senior manager for the role.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with multiple conflicting deadlines.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you have explained complex insight to a range of audiences.   Answer Question

Event Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Haymarket Media Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Overall, it was quite a straightforward process. The company got in contact with me after I applied online. I was interviewed by two people that worked there and asked several questions to decipher whether I fit the role. The interviewers were friendly and made you feel comfortable. No question was particularly difficult and they were happy to answer any questions you may have had.

Interview Questions

• What would your colleagues say are your best and worst qualities?   Answer Question

Haymarket Media Group Response

Aug 22, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thanks for your feedback. We're glad your experience was a positive one. We're sorry you weren't successful this time but keep an eye on our latest vacancies on Haymarket.com ... More