HealthEquity Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HealthEquity Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at HealthEquity Inc.

2.7

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting organization and they asked me to do a phone interview with HealthEquity. They asked the usual questions about job experience, and it went well enough.

I was asked to come into the office for a follow-up interview. There were 5 people in the interview. They asked me some questions about how I would test things and put me through a brief exercise where I created some unit and integration tests. They also asked two more technical questions about how C# handles certain scenarios. This interview seemed to go very well.

This group knows how to interview a technical person. Don't just throw random coding assignments at people. Give them a little scenario (and a laptop/IDE - whiteboard interviews are the worst) and things go much better.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference in memory usage between directly accessing a string member field on an object, compared to reading that value into a separately declared 'string' before use?

e.g.:
      string s = object.stringMember;
      console.writeline(s);
      vs
      console.writeline(object.stringMember);   1 Answer
    • if you pass an object into a method and within that method overwrite the object reference with a new object, is the object changed from the perspective of the calling method?

e.g.:
      void stuff(object[] o){
      o = new object []{ "mwahaha" };
      }   1 Answer

I declined because I had two offers to choose from, and I decided the other offer was more in line with what I was interested in.
    I did not like that the offered position would be a contractor position, even if it's intended to be contract-to-hire.

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Draper, UT) in April 2019.

Interview

They had a two stage interview process. The first one I met with the guy who is a one man SharePoint team and it went pretty well. However he spent the majority of the time talking about himself so I felt awkward. They liked me though and called me in for a second interview with the same guy and two managers on the his team. They were pretty intimidating and they said it was down to me and another guy. But they didn't pick me. They probably chose a man over me. And instead of the original interviewer telling me I didn't get it a got a general rejection letter from HR. I asked for feedback from all the interviewers so I could do better next time and none of them responded. I was so excited about this company but after their poor re-pour I don't know if it's for me. I really wanted some feedback.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working without a PM?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you disagreed with someone on your team   Answer Question
    • What experience do you bring to this team and what do you lack   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Draper, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview, and then a face to face interview. I was very comfortable, and appreciated that the interview was very relaxed. Everyone there was kind and friendly. It didn't take long to hear back about how the interview went, and if I was considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in working at HealthEquity.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc..

Interview

Recruiter reached out and we set up a phone interview. He was nice enough, and seemed to know a lot about the company. He seemed interested and led me to believe there would be next steps. He said he’d follow up the next week, and said to email him if I didn’t hear anything from him. A week goes by with no communication. So I email him the next week to follow up, and never got a response. Then 6 weeks later, I get an automated rejection.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc..

Interview

I interviewed over the phone first, then was asked to come in for an additional interview. Overall, it was a great interview experience. I was directed to read different things from the website by the person I interviewed with and then asked to share my thoughts on the topic. This was very informative and helped me learn more about what HealthEquity is all about.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc..

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, an interview with the team I would be working with, and interview with more people from the department I would be a part of, then I had one last interview with the Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How do you deal with mistakes you've made in the workplace? How well do you work with others?   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Draper, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview took place at the HealthEquity building in Draper, Utah. I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who had me sign in at the front desk. It only took less than 2 minutes for someone to grab me for the interview. The interview was conducted by one member of the People Team and was later joined by the HR Generalist about half-way through. Both were extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable! The entire interview lasted about 10 minutes.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Draper, UT).

Interview

Got a phone call from a recruiter then interviewed in person a week later with the head of the team. discussed the company and the role and answered a few questions about my thought process for coding problems

Interview Questions

• how i would build/style a page with certain requirements (columns, text color, font family, etc)   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2018.

Interview

I met with 2 managers and 1 team member. They were very well organized and asked direct questions that were relavent to the job at hand. They didn't ask me a bunch of garbage questions like "tell me about a time you had a difficult interaction with a coworker." My second interview was equally well organized and thought out, where I met with both managers from before as well as the IT Director. In this interview I felt they were scoping me out for how well I'd fit on their team because they aren't looking for the stereotypical "IT nerd" who just sits at his computer in the dark and chugs Mountain Dew and has no people skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about [this environment] and how you would improve the architecture?
      Tell me about your experiences with DR testing?
      Tell me how [this methodology] relates to [this process]?
      What is your understanding of the RCA process for failed changes?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Draper, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

3 Interviews, one large group interview with me, and then a final negotiation. Started as a consultant for 11 months, then was offered a full time job. I do not believe HealthEquity was accustomed to hiring my level of subject matter expertise as I found the salary negotiations cumbersome. Beyond that, I found everyone pleasant and excited about HealthEquity's future.

Negotiation

It was ok.