HealthEquity Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HealthEquity Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter called and asked if I would come in for an interview. The recruiter did not ask any questions. I arrived at the appointed time and met with the hiring manager. The Manager did not seem to be engaged at all an only asked three questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions asked were out of the ordinary interview questions.   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Interview

A pretty negative experience overall. The recruiter for this role doesn't have her act together. She needs constant reminders from candidates about action items for which she is responsible. In the short time I tried working with her, I had to follow up twice to confirm a phone interview time since she was unable to respond to the initial emails I sent, and I had to follow up twice about the actual physical interview and status on another role for which I had applied - and I still haven't heard anything from her regarding that last bit. Meanwhile, she's "liking" content on LinkedIn like it's nobody's business. All in all, a sloppy recruiter that is a poor representative of the organization. Truthfully, when I interact with a recruiter that behaves this way, it brings into question all the glowing reviews I see others sharing. While I'd normally chock this up to a recruiter having a bad day, her irresponsible and unprofessional behavior was chronic and probably not anomalous.

HealthEquity Inc. Response

Sep 9, 2016 – Director of People

I apologize for the recent experience you had with HealthEquity. We do strive to maintain a quality candidate experience throughout our recruiting processes irregardless of the role or volume. Please ... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. in July 2016.

Interview

I got emailed and invited in to interview. Interviewed with a department supervisor and someone from the "people team". Most of the questions were pretty typical for customer service positions. They mentioned how casual the process should be and the atmosphere was comfortable. They also went over the position and process following the interview in detail, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Draper, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview, and then a face to face interview. I was very comfortable, and appreciated that the interview was very relaxed. Everyone there was kind and friendly. It didn't take long to hear back about how the interview went, and if I was considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in working at HealthEquity.   1 Answer

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Draper, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied and was contacted with in about 3 business days. They accommodated my schedule for an interview, as I had a job at the time. I told them I needed to know ASAP in order to make it to the next training class, and heard back the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you went above and beyond in customer service   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a learning experience, something you did wrong in your position   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a negotiating phase, but in the interview they give you a range. Very feasible

Customer Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and within 3 days got a call from their people team. An interview was set up for the following Monday (3 more days). I got there, was not greeted, but instructed that some one would be down to get me.
    Within 5 minutes the interviewer came for me, and we chatted up to the interview room. She asked me questions about how I handle irate customers, how I go above and beyond, my philosophy about customer service, etc. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, and with 48 hours had a job offer. A very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you go above and beyond in customer service?
      How do you handle irate customers? Can you talk them down or does it escalate?
      Tell me about a time you thought out of the box to solve a problem and how did it turn out?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting organization and they asked me to do a phone interview with HealthEquity. They asked the usual questions about job experience, and it went well enough.

I was asked to come into the office for a follow-up interview. There were 5 people in the interview. They asked me some questions about how I would test things and put me through a brief exercise where I created some unit and integration tests. They also asked two more technical questions about how C# handles certain scenarios. This interview seemed to go very well.

This group knows how to interview a technical person. Don't just throw random coding assignments at people. Give them a little scenario (and a laptop/IDE - whiteboard interviews are the worst) and things go much better.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference in memory usage between directly accessing a string member field on an object, compared to reading that value into a separately declared 'string' before use?

e.g.:
      string s = object.stringMember;
      console.writeline(s);
      vs
      console.writeline(object.stringMember);
      1 Answer
    • if you pass an object into a method and within that method overwrite the object reference with a new object, is the object changed from the perspective of the calling method?

e.g.:
      void stuff(object[] o){
      o = new object []{ "mwahaha" };
      }
      1 Answer

I declined because I had two offers to choose from, and I decided the other offer was more in line with what I was interested in.
    I did not like that the offered position would be a contractor position, even if it's intended to be contract-to-hire.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc..

Interview

I interviewed over the phone first, then was asked to come in for an additional interview. Overall, it was a great interview experience. I was directed to read different things from the website by the person I interviewed with and then asked to share my thoughts on the topic. This was very informative and helped me learn more about what HealthEquity is all about.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Draper, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview took place at the HealthEquity building in Draper, Utah. I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who had me sign in at the front desk. It only took less than 2 minutes for someone to grab me for the interview. The interview was conducted by one member of the People Team and was later joined by the HR Generalist about half-way through. Both were extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable! The entire interview lasted about 10 minutes.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HealthEquity Inc. (Draper, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I went through multiple interviews. They were friendly, efficient, and focused. During the interviews I was asked questions by multiple people. Most questions were focused around past work, some questions were about personality. They seem to know exactly the type of person they want and look for those that have experience in the corporate environment. They also sent me home with an assignment that required writing and creativity. All-in-all a pleasant expierence.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a mistake at work, and how did you handle it.   1 Answer