Healthy Directions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.7

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Healthy Directions (Rockville, MD).

Interview

The interview process was quick. I applied was called and had a 1:1 interview with Human Resources. I was flown in and had a series of interviews during the course of the day; Human Resources, some peers, VP of Online Marketing and CMO. Following the interview I was told it would take a few weeks. A few weeks later I was offered the position.

Online Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Healthy Directions (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. First a phone call with one of the hiring managers, then a phone interview with supervisor and then in person interview with several people. I was there for a total of 2 hours.
    I did not feel like there were any real hard questions. Do your due diligence and research the company a little bit. Find out what platforms they use and talk around the platforms a bit and how you've used them in the past. As long as you know online marketing, it should be a breeze, because the higher ups do not really understand online marketing.

Interview Questions

• Explain a campaign from start to finish that you created and how did you optimize?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate that much, since the company was bought out by Helen of Troy the company became more uptight with salary negotiations.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Healthy Directions.

Interview

I am extremely disappointed in the interview process. I applied for a position with over 10 years experience. I was contacted by phone by HR. I have followed up a few times and cannot get a response from HR. Even if not interested, I believe a simple "You are no longer under consideration" or whatever, taking a few seconds to reply, is not unreasonable. Too bad most HRs do not realize they are the frontline impression of the company. Their lack of professionalism and plain courtesy is indicative of the culture. No thanks, I'm moving on.

Interview Questions

• When I returned HR's call, I thought it would be to set up an phone interview time. However, we went straight into it, right on the spot. A mention on the voice message would have also been nice prior to my returning the call to be prepared to set aside an hour for interview.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Healthy Directions (Rockville, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with the Hiring Manager for the position after hearing of an opening through a friend. After a half-hour, one-on-one meeting, I was taken on a tour of the creative department and met each person from the top, down. Everyone was very polite and explained what their role was. They seemed genuinely interested in getting the correct person to fill the position by asking the right questions and listening. I didn't feel they were imposing or pressuring in any way. Very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working in direct response media?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation that you felt was a challenge and how did you overcome the challenge?   Answer Question

Director of Email Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Healthy Directions (Potomac, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

Pretty straightforward "classic" interview. HR first then the hiring manager. All in all I didn't get a positive feeling about how it would be to work there. I have to say I had seen this posiiton advertised so many times before I thought it was bizarre. It's now 2 years later and it is STILL being advertised. Fishy at best.
    I declined the second interview. This place is not for me.

Director of Marketing Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Healthy Directions in December 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with HR first. Then two rounds of personal interviews. Each time with 3-4 people. Received an assignment as an assessment test at the end of one interview. Hiring manager got back to me soon after with very positive feedback about the assignment. Haven't heard from them for a couple of weeks. Called to check on the status, they said they put the position on hold.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation when the upper management disagreed with your point of view and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Healthy Directions in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward, I had a phone interview with the Director of the team. She was pretty intense, but also very knowledgeable. I was then brought in for a face to face with the director and a second team member. Both interviews went well and I was excited about next steps. The process then went dark and after numerous emails and calls, I did not hear back from them until about a month later. I was frustrated, but I still proceeded. I met with the SVP of the online group and after checking my references and doing a background check and drug test I was offered the position. I tried to negotiate my salary, but they pretty much hard lined me a bit.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite curse word?   1 Answer