HedgeServ Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HedgeServ Interview Questions

Interviews at HedgeServ

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HedgeServ (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Offer was rescinded because they are going through a hiring freeze right now, however overall the process was pretty quick and positive for me.

They promptly followed up with me by email the day after the university career fair, and after a quick phone call I did a coding test online. An hour after I completed the test they emailed me back to schedule a group/panel interview over skype the next week. The interviews took a couple hours and at the end of it they asked to schedule a one on one at their headquarters in New York. After the one on one the interviewer said they would put together an offer for me. About a few days later he actually followed up himself personally by phone call to let me know that the CEO ordered a hiring freeze but to stay in touch.

Even though the odds were not in my favor I know that many companies will just do the fade away or make some random person from the company call months later to let you know the bad news. So I would say overall the interview process was very positive, responsive, and everyone was very respectful!

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on (and follow up questions)   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HedgeServ (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a 30 minutes phone interview. The manager went through Resume really quickly, and then they questions more focus on the previous projects.

Their engineering team is a young team. Meanly located in portland, well founded. They working on a lot of the projects related to platform design.

They seeking for some one have strong passion in finance industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HedgeServ (Portland, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

It took a few weeks after applying before I received an email to schedule the phone screen. After I did the online test I got an email asking me to go on an on-site interview. I sent an email to try to schedule the online interview but never got a reply.

Process: phone call with with director of software development > online coding problems > on-site interview (didn't get to this part)

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HedgeServ (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had an hour long technical phone interview where they asked about creating trees. Was invited to an on-site interview that was 3 rounds. First two rounds were coding and did exceptionally well. Even pointed provided a better solution then my interviewer and he was very impressed. Last round was with the person that would have hired me for his team. No coding at all, basically asked me to re-invent few math equations that I saw back in high school. Wasn't prepared to do that and I struggled. Being a very good programmer didn't seem to be enough so brush up on reinventing math equations. Received a phone call 1 month later asking if I was still interested. Haven't heard anything since, its been 3 months since interview at time of writing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HedgeServ.

Interview

Basic Java and SQL questions. I was asked to figure out some basic java and sql questions that were just the thing you would know if you took any second year classes in these topics

Interview Questions

• A search query for a very basic sql template   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HedgeServ.

Interview

Timely response to email inquiry and very friendly interviewers! No receptionist at front of office so entering was difficult as was informing the interviewers of my arrival. No test required for interns.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HedgeServ (New York, NY).

Interview

- Two person interview process
    - Was not really formal
    - Relax atmosphere

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose accounting? It is just doing the same thing over and over again.   Answer Question

Middle Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HedgeServ (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Had to undergo a phone interview and in person interview. After applying Someone from the middle office team and called me and asked me basic interview questions about my past employment but mostly asked me questions about myself. They look for people who fit their culture more than anything. I learned almost everything on the job and had very little past experience.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about my personality   1 Answer

Middle Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HedgeServ (New York, NY).

Interview

Went to the offices in NYC and interviewed with about 5 different middle-office managers or associates. They all asked basic behavioral questions and gauged out my interest and fit for the job. While I was waiting for interviewers to come in, I was given a small assessment of sorts that tested basic math skills and creative thinking.

After they offered me a job, they did not give me a written offer, but gave me a verbal deadline. After I got back to them, they said that they had already filled the position although the deadline had not yet passed.

Middle Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HedgeServ (New York, NY).

Interview

First off, I want to start by saying it was a great experience. Initially I had a phone interview with two employees that lasted about 25 minutes. I made it to the second round which consisted of a 3 hour in person interview. It was great. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time.

Interview Questions

• What are derivative investments? What is a bond? What is equity? How would you rate your excel skills from 1 to 10? They wanted to make sure I knew all different types of investments.   Answer Question