Heidrick & Struggles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2018

2.5

Level II Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

A waste of time. I interviewed initially through a recruiter, and then another recruiter. Finally when it came time for the FOURTH interview with Heidrick & Struggles staff directly, they would not work with me concerning my availability. All available time slots in my schedule were not sufficient with their schedule. This went on for several weeks.

Can you imagine a talent acquisition firm that can't figure out how to acquire their own talent? Me neither.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you worked with an irate customer/client, and explain how you diffused the situation.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied on campus, interviewed on campus, then selected for a final round interview. The final round interview is on site. The interviews were extremely conversational and low stress. Everyone is very friendly. Entirely behavioral.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I was invited for a preliminary face-to-face 30-minute screening. I was greeted promptly and given water while I waited in a meeting room. Everyone was polite and I had a good impression of the office.

Consultant Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through my school. It was a nice interview process. They were really open. If you make it to the final round interview where they flew me out to Dallas. FYI don’t believe the stereotype “If they fly you out there you basically got the job” it isn’t true. There was a miscommunication with how many people they could hire at a time.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles.

Interview

I applied through our university career services portal and received a notification allowing me to sign up for an interview the following week. The day before was a reception for all potential interviewees so that we would interact with many of the current Analysts and Human Resources representatives. The next day I met with two Partners both from different offices who quickly went through my resume and spoke for 30 minutes each. There was no casing and the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that your resume doesn't.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university website. No cover letter was needed. The company hosted pre-interview event with current employees at local restaurant the day before the interviews. Employees were very friendly.

Engagement M Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

For a recruiting company, questions were oddly rudimentary and formal. Interviewers were cold and had heads down in laptops they were using to take notes. Egos, and waning job satisfaction levels, were notable.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of several interviews with current Heidrick & Struggles employees of different levels. The interview involved questions surrounding past experience as well as culture/EQ probing. Some interviews were more formal than others--this greatly varied based on the individual to which I was speaking.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in search? Had you heard about the industry before this application process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Washington, DC).

Interview

Amazing interview process. I chose this firm because of the people I met throughout the recruitment process. I was recruited from my university to intern the summer after my junior year. It was an amazing interview process and an even better internship.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Describe a situation where you've had to lead a team.
      Describe a situation where you've disagreed with someone on your team.   Answer Question

Analyst, Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus first, and then interviewed at the firm. On-campus was very behavioral, going through resume and experiences. The onsite visit was then in Chicago, based on what cities I ranked. It consisted of a breakfast and overview of the program, and then a group exercise and then finally had 2 interviews with an associate and then I think the next level above associate