Heidrick & Struggles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Heidrick & Struggles

2.6

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles.

Interview

2 video interviews with corporate. 6 in-person interviews in the satellite office I would be working.

Interview Questions

• None, straightforward behavioral questions and career review.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good back and forth dialogue

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had four interview rounds. They weren't too difficult, and mostly you got to ask the questions. It was more about making sure I had all my questions answered and could decided if this was the position for me, than assessing my skills. I felt very comfortable, and I had all the information I needed to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel like there were any questions that were too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Met with a lot of people. Several video interviews with partners, associates, etc. also met with seven people in person, despite having previously k own the team.

Wasn't really sure how I felt about the team, but went with it anyway.. Ultimately, took the job because it was a pay bump and greater opportunity. Met with person that would become my boss, met with his team, met with others in his team and then met with firm management. Whole process took about three months to get through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Two stages of phone interviews and two stages of in person interviews. Met with the head of research, a few current associates as well as partners I would have been supporting. I did not accept the opportunity as I received a more attractive offer from an industry competitor. It is my understanding that the interview process is the same across all Heidrick offices.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult search or client and how you closed the search? What made it difficult?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY).

Interview

In person interview was cancelled 20 minutes before it was supposed to begin via text from an admin I never spoke with before. Partner never reached out to apologize nor did HR. Highly unprofessional - a joke for a firm that is focussed on talent acquisition.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I don't really remember the interview process. I met with multiple people from different levels of the firm and the conversations varied. Everyone was incredibly smart, articulate and engaging. It made me excited about the role and interested the company.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview asking about my experience, coursework and a few behavioral questions. Next was an in person interview where I was asked a couple of simple technical questions by the senior web developer.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string. Find vowels in a string. What is a header tag in html.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward behavioural interview by partners. They were all very nice and it was more of a conversation.

However, while they said I would hear back in 3 days whether or not I had proceeded to the second/final round, I never heard back from them, which indicates a high level of disorganisation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things that you would consider in accepting a job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university website. No cover letter was needed. The company hosted pre-interview event with current employees at local restaurant the day before the interviews. Employees were very friendly.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles.

Interview

I applied through our university career services portal and received a notification allowing me to sign up for an interview the following week. The day before was a reception for all potential interviewees so that we would interact with many of the current Analysts and Human Resources representatives. The next day I met with two Partners both from different offices who quickly went through my resume and spoke for 30 minutes each. There was no casing and the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that your resume doesn't.   Answer Question