Heidrick & Struggles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of several interviews with current Heidrick & Struggles employees of different levels. The interview involved questions surrounding past experience as well as culture/EQ probing. Some interviews were more formal than others--this greatly varied based on the individual to which I was speaking.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in search? Had you heard about the industry before this application process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Washington, DC).

Interview

Amazing interview process. I chose this firm because of the people I met throughout the recruitment process. I was recruited from my university to intern the summer after my junior year. It was an amazing interview process and an even better internship.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Describe a situation where you've had to lead a team.
      Describe a situation where you've disagreed with someone on your team.
      Answer Question

Analyst, Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus first, and then interviewed at the firm. On-campus was very behavioral, going through resume and experiences. The onsite visit was then in Chicago, based on what cities I ranked. It consisted of a breakfast and overview of the program, and then a group exercise and then finally had 2 interviews with an associate and then I think the next level above associate

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY).

Interview

In person interview was cancelled 20 minutes before it was supposed to begin via text from an admin I never spoke with before. Partner never reached out to apologize nor did HR. Highly unprofessional - a joke for a firm that is focussed on talent acquisition.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles.

Interview

They host a few informational sessions prior to the first round interviews which are on-campus. They also host a reception for all those who receive first round interviews, which is welcoming and helpful. Second rounds were held in-office unless conflicts occurred and then were held via Skype. Overall, the recruiting and interview process was transparent, professional, and challenging without being overly stressful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time your faced adversity and how you overcame that.   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for an SEC reporting position offered to me via a head hunter. I interviewed over the phone and in person. Neither the headhunting company nor H&S informed me of their decision which is unacceptable considering I interviewed in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very casual interview, and felt more like a conversation with the recruiter. Most of them were really nice, and they have a couple people who meet you before the interview to help you warm up and relax. They just want to see what you're like and if you would fit into the company culture well. I'd definitely recommend going to the pre-interview reception if you can, since it's a great way to learn about the company and interact with its employees in a very relaxed setting (ours was at a local pub).

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was a one on one conversation with a Heidrick partner here on campus. The night before this interview, we had a meet and greet pre-interview event on campus. Less than a week later, I got the call that I would be advancing to the second round. This was an all day event in my preferred office location two weeks after my initial interview. During this event I had two 30 minute interviews. At the end of the week, I received the call with the offer.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in February 2016.

Interview

I first submitted my application, then went through two interview rounds. Every single member that I interacted with throughout the process was fantastic, and easy to get along with. In my previous experience, most recruiters are highly evaluative and only care about if you are a good fit for the company, but Heidrick's recruiters are really helpful at helping you figure out if the company is a good fit for you. I highly suggest attending the pre-interview reception-- it gives a great opportunity to meet others in the firm in a more relaxed setting. Also make sure you know what types of projects each office works on before deciding where you'd like to interview.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly standard behavioral questions. Both interviews were more of a free-flowing conversation   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward and transparent. I applied one week, heard back about an on campus interview the next week and interviewed the same week, and traveled to the office for which I was interviewing the third week. They called me very soon after to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most challenging part of your part-time job   Answer Question