Heidrick & Struggles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.6

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I was invited for a preliminary face-to-face 30-minute screening. I was greeted promptly and given water while I waited in a meeting room. Everyone was polite and I had a good impression of the office.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles.

Interview

I applied through our university career services portal and received a notification allowing me to sign up for an interview the following week. The day before was a reception for all potential interviewees so that we would interact with many of the current Analysts and Human Resources representatives. The next day I met with two Partners both from different offices who quickly went through my resume and spoke for 30 minutes each. There was no casing and the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that your resume doesn't.   Answer Question

Engagement M Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

For a recruiting company, questions were oddly rudimentary and formal. Interviewers were cold and had heads down in laptops they were using to take notes. Egos, and waning job satisfaction levels, were notable.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of several interviews with current Heidrick & Struggles employees of different levels. The interview involved questions surrounding past experience as well as culture/EQ probing. Some interviews were more formal than others--this greatly varied based on the individual to which I was speaking.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in search? Had you heard about the industry before this application process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Washington, DC).

Interview

Amazing interview process. I chose this firm because of the people I met throughout the recruitment process. I was recruited from my university to intern the summer after my junior year. It was an amazing interview process and an even better internship.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Describe a situation where you've had to lead a team.
      Describe a situation where you've disagreed with someone on your team.   Answer Question

Analyst, Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus first, and then interviewed at the firm. On-campus was very behavioral, going through resume and experiences. The onsite visit was then in Chicago, based on what cities I ranked. It consisted of a breakfast and overview of the program, and then a group exercise and then finally had 2 interviews with an associate and then I think the next level above associate

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (New York, NY).

Interview

In person interview was cancelled 20 minutes before it was supposed to begin via text from an admin I never spoke with before. Partner never reached out to apologize nor did HR. Highly unprofessional - a joke for a firm that is focussed on talent acquisition.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles.

Interview

They host a few informational sessions prior to the first round interviews which are on-campus. They also host a reception for all those who receive first round interviews, which is welcoming and helpful. Second rounds were held in-office unless conflicts occurred and then were held via Skype. Overall, the recruiting and interview process was transparent, professional, and challenging without being overly stressful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time your faced adversity and how you overcame that.   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for an SEC reporting position offered to me via a head hunter. I interviewed over the phone and in person. Neither the headhunting company nor H&S informed me of their decision which is unacceptable considering I interviewed in person.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very casual interview, and felt more like a conversation with the recruiter. Most of them were really nice, and they have a couple people who meet you before the interview to help you warm up and relax. They just want to see what you're like and if you would fit into the company culture well. I'd definitely recommend going to the pre-interview reception if you can, since it's a great way to learn about the company and interact with its employees in a very relaxed setting (ours was at a local pub).