Helix Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Helix Electric Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helix Electric (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Short phone interview, in-person review with HR representative, second interview with project manager.

Nothing difficult about the interview. Questions asked were based on your experience listed on your resume, what you know about the company, why you're pursuing the specific position, various other behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helix Electric (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Got a call on a Friday. Interviewed that Wednesday. Started the following Tuesday. It was as simply as that. Nothing more to say but need a min of 30 words before it will allow me to submit my answer. Helix rocks

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helix Electric (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with a few different individuals all together, both by phone and in person. Each conversation began with a relaxed, candid conversation about life in general. Each individual was respectful and seemed genuine in their love for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helix Electric.

Interview

Met Helix at a career fair, was invited to meet later at a bar for Q&A. Two phone interviews with recruiters followed, a third with two people from the team I would be joining. The process was very quick, total time 1.5-2 weeks. Video interviews are typical for upper level positions, and in person for those in the area.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work for us (electrical contractor, merit shop, etc).
      - What experience do you have in the field (office and field)?
      - Are you prepared to move quickly? Significant other OK with moving?
      - What salary do you have in mind?
      - 5 year plan?   1 Answer

Electrical Estimator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Helix Electric.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter. After discussing my background in detail, I did a virtual interview with the Director of Estimating. Questions were very technical and complex. Later, I was invited to the San Diego office. What a beautiful facility and vibe in the office! Very different than what I had heard from others from years ago. I was thoroughly impressed with the open and collaborative environment. I had the opportunity to meet most of the executive team and grasped the vision. The interview was a variety of personality, technical and open ended questions. I did an assessment that asked a lot of personality and cognitive questions (I probably failed it because I didn't get an offer). This company is going places. No wonder ENR listed them as a Top 15 Electrical Contractor. Although I was not selected, I feel that this is a world-class organization and would love to work there one day. I was glad I took the time to know more about them. As I diversify my experience, I hope to work there in there future. I see that the selection process at Helix is very tight. I can see that they have a bright group of estimators. The recruiter gave me concise feedback and we remain in touch for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Give me a two-minute verbal resume.......
      Tell me about a time....
      Why should I hire you....   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Helix Electric.

Interview

Enjoyed interview process. Several phone interviews and an interview in person with Oakland Team. Extremely Pleased with how I was treated. I encourage those that are looking for a fast paced, energetic, rewarding opportunity to reach out to Helix.

Interview Questions

• I was extremely open and honest with interviewers. The questions they asked were not difficult. They asked some questions about what I liked most and least about former employer.   Answer Question

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Helix Electric (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

A friend that works in the company told me that they were looking for someone with my profile, so I called the company's HR department and I got an interview, where they tested my skills and drug tested me. The same day they made an offer.

Junior Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Helix Electric (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted on linkedin and the recruiter was very nice. She asked me about my availability and once we found a common time to talk she explained to me all about what the job would entail. If i can just use this to view other glass door salaries and interview expereinces that would be great..ya

Field Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Helix Electric (Cerritos, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

They offered me a starter position, instead of asking my skills and abilities for possible pay rate negotiation. Instead of asking me what position im applying for, they gave me one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cal Poly SLO, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Helix Electric (Cal Poly SLO, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Single Interview. The interviewers (2) asked behavioral questions that focused on leadership skills, ability to work in teams, and strengths and weaknesses. They explained that the job would be split between utilities/contracting and construction.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as a leader?   1 Answer