Hella Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hella Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hella (Plymouth, MI).

Interview

3 rounds including phone screen, hiring manager and technical. Took over 3 months to get an undecided decision. The HR explained she could not get a review of my interview from the manager and suggested that I should not wait anymore. Unprofessional communication manner in recruitment.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging project in teamwork with others? How is the problem solved?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hella (Plymouth, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

They were very nice and laid back, gave an overview of the position and asked me a lot of questions about my resume. They emailed me two weeks later saying they liked me a lot but aren't able to hire a marketing intern at the moment, but they said they would contact me if the position opens up again.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hella (Flora, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Too many personal questions and not enough about experiences or education. Interviewer kept getting interrupted with knocks at the door. The room was dirty and unkempt.

Interview Questions

• What church do you attend?   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hella.

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me through email for phone interview. three people asked background and behavioral questions. I received a no email after 10 days. the department manager , human resource manager and one another person was asking questions.

Evaluation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hella (Plymouth, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, in person interview. At the end of the interview with the manager, you meet the general manager. At the conclusion of the interview. Neither the manager or Human Resources ever followed up. Quite unprofessional to mot give a decision in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to travel? Can you manage multiple projects at once? How do you deal with setbacks? How do you deal with difficult employees?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hella.

Interview

The process Took nearly 2 weeks, 1st RECRUITER phone call ( all my communication till the end was with her), 2ND hiring MANAGER PHONE CALL, and in person with the manager basically asking about my resume and STAR questions, after a week got an offer

Interview Questions

• what was most difficult situation you have come across and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Software Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hella (Plymouth, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the job and just two days later I had an interview scheduled. Unfortunately the interview itself was unpleasant and so I don't think this is a company I would want to work for. Everyone was running behind schedule and didn’t seem to be truly present. My first comment was in response to a question where I explained that the job description reads similar to my current role but would afford me more responsibilities beyond what I currently do, and would allow me to utilize more of my leadership skills. I’ve gone on several interviews for Project Manager or related job and this has always been a very receptive response. Well, the first comment from the hiring manager’s mouth (before the interview began) was that he doesn’t think he could help me since I won’t find what I’m looking for there. That set the stage for a very uncomfortable interview. I had to influence the manager that I was indeed there for the position I was there to interview for before he would proceed. It was like they didn’t even want to meet with me. The general question phase went well, but I did find that I was repeating myself since only 1 of the 3 interviewers seemed attentive. They then proceeded to ask technical questions related to microprocessors, but these skills sets were nowhere in the job description. After their last question, I asked the hiring manager why wasn’t microcontrollers/processing a required skillset for the position per the job description. He said he had no knowledge of that and blamed it on HR. He suggested I work with HR on a level up PM position above that of software PM. Needless to say, the entire interview was a waste of time.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hella (Plymouth, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

The process was great - everyone was pleasant and I thought the process was well organized.

Negotiation

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hella (Plymouth, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Initial contact via job fair, technical interview with group, 1:1 interview with upper management.
    Solid German company, button-down, serious. Friendly people, though; interview was in no way meant to be intimidating. Thorough first and second interview process included people from all disciplines.

Company touts shallow management structure as a plus, appears to be legit. Limitation to autos business only is a concern. Straightforward about job and requirements, particularly management level discussion.

Interview Questions

• Specifics of requirements management software.   1 Answer
    • Asked for technical references.   1 Answer

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted by the project leader, so it's basically all about technical stuff, lots of questions and lots of details, covering lots of areas regarding computer vision. It last more than an hour.

Interview Questions

• how would you think about relocation to a different place?   Answer Question