Highfive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Highfive Interview Questions

Interviews at Highfive

2.6

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Interview

I applied for this position in June 2018. I would describe my experience with HighFive very positive. I spoke with the recruiter and met the hiring manager (Head of Mktg). The team is very agile and professional. I would like to highlight Cynthia Shwe who is the recruiter for this position. She is highly organized, friendly and flexible. Definitively would love to cross our paths again in the future if other opportunities.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Highfive in February 2016.

Interview

Its a complete Scamster company. It should be completely avoided. Let me tell you my story and you can decide yourself before interviewing with them.

I got to know about this company through LinkedIn(was glancing the companies close to my skill set) and found the job requirements of this company to be a very close match with my skill set. Few days after applying i got a standard reject mail , saying that they have decided to move forward with other candidates. Again after few days I received an email from HR that they would like to set up a phone screen. In the phone screen they would ask you to download their software either on desktop/phone/tablet and the interview is through video conferencing. Apart from the general format of the phone screens, here the interviewer would stress you to show the demo of their product rather than giving info about the role that you are interviewed for. I absolutely nailed the interview to the last bit and the interviewer told me that this is the exact solution he was looking for.

Three days passed by ,I dint hear anything from them. Fourth day I mailed the HR and to my utter surprise I got a std automated reject mailed. I just happened to discuss this with my friend and he also told the exact same story. In fact this has happened with few people that I know of. After doing some research I found out that the sole purpose of scheduling the interview is the "demo" part and increase the download count of their app.

If you really have nothing to do in life and time has got no value for you , then you should schedule a telephonic interview with this rogue company

Interview Questions

• Give a text file and a ransom note. Find out if the ransom note can be constructed from the file.
      eg : char * file = " bla bla bla..........big file of words"
              char *ransom_note = "I want one million dollars else ..."   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highfive in August 2015.

Interview

Because of my previous experience, one of HighFive recruiter contacted me, and I have decided to had an interview process. First, I talked to one of the lead engineer for the backend side, and then I had a phone interview with one of engineer. I thought the interview went well because I solved the interview question pretty quickly but couldn't go to the onsite. I asked for feedback to the recruiter but no feedback so far.

Interview Questions

• Determine if given number is happy number or not.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Highfive in March 2016.

Interview

Had one video interview using the product: highfive. A few questions were asked about my background and then a multitude of questions regarding the product and how I would go about prospecting clients and selling the product. The recruiter expected you to know every single detail about the technology, not realizing that his product was in fact very laggy.

Interview Questions

• Name your favorite piece of technology and sell it to me?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highfive (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had talked with their head of recruiting previously and they were eager to have me apply. When I finally did, it took them about a week to respond to me. Had a very quick Highfive video interview with the direct manager then scheduled an onsite interview. Had 3 back-to-back 30 minute interviews and discussed previous metrics and projects that would apply to the job. After the onsite interview I got a call to negotiate an offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• In 3 months, if we were to let you go, what would be the reason?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Highfive (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contact me , schedule telephonic video interview. General idea about company and wanted to know about me and my experience. Code challenge.
    2 days after email for on-site interview long process 12 to 5 pm
    Everything goes well, everyone is equally enthusiastic what they work on. Open for discussion. Giving good feedback.
    Except one interview , he was super pathetic guy, he ask me question and put his head into his laptop not even listening to me. I try to make him speak asked for clarification questions just to make communication but his answer was assume whatever you want to. After 30 mins I just put cap on marker and pull my chair and sit down. Then he realized , he asked me where is bottle neck in my solution I said everywhere if you assume. Then he said last 10 mins ask me anything you want I quickly replied nothing. He said are you sure? I said I assume all. Then he said next person will join in while and nice to meet you. I said I am not you ruined my half day leave. Be respectful and responsive in interview.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Highfive (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received an email to get a 30 min Highfive video call scheduled. Then was invited to come onsite to their office in Redwood City to meet with about 4 members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a bunch of questions about time management and multi-tasking.   Answer Question

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Highfive (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Great multi-person 1:1 process within a day. Phone screen for the initial 1st step then on-site a few days or a week later.

Multi-panel interview consists of meeting the Director lead for your team, HR, potential co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Regression testing root cause, where the failure break occurs.   2 Answers

Director Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Highfive in March 2019.

Interview

Very unprofessional first interview.
    The interviewer (CRO of the company) did not even introduce himself or provided any introduction.
    He had a list of questions that needed to be answered within 30 min and did not leave me a chance to ask anything about the role or the company.
    Would not want to work there .....

Interview Questions

• What were your accomplishments and challenges in the previous roles?
      Why do you like to work in a sales operations function?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Highfive in June 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview then was invited onsite. Met w/ the CEO, Head of Sales, VP of Marketing, and CTO. Followed up the onsite with a Skype call with the Head of Finance. Overall the meetings went well, we discussed the position, the company and the product. After the interviews I sent a follow-up to the CEO and the office manager (who coordinated the interviews), but never heard back from them.