Highland Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Highland Capital

2.9

Sr tax analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highland Capital (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a four step process, including a case study. The first round was with HR. The second was with the director and senior manager. The third was a semi difficult case study that took about a week. The final round was with HR and each member of the team.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highland Capital (Dallas, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

Went through an extensive interview process in less than 2 weeks and then I never got an answer back, despite requesting an update multiple times. Extremely unprofessional - would NOT recommend to anyone who wants to work for a respectable firm. Very disappointed in the firm’s treatment of candidates, extremely disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Consisted of an Hr interview, manager interview, case study and final video call.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Highland Capital.

Interview

I didn't interview, I was referred. I'm not sure any of the interns had to interview, seems as though it's mostly referral based. Great program though, I assume you could get a chance to intern with them if you were to reach out and shoot your resume over.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Highland Capital.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with a recruiter going over general resume and interest questions, and a second with an investment professional going into some fairly straightforward technicals. Superday afterward where you meet most of the senior investment team - mostly fit based. Finally, a few candidates are invited for the case study afterward which entails building a three statement model from public filings and filling out tearsheets for a few different companies. This is not difficult at all, but extremely time consuming so make sure you carve out adequate time to get it done.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highland Capital (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed by phone with the Director of Quant Department. Went through the resume and then asked around 5-6 technical questions, including basic concepts of risk, probability theory, time series, including some calculations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highland Capital.

Interview

The interview process to work at Highland was quite extensive. After submitting a resume I was invited to the office for a morning of interviews. I interviewed with two members of the HR team and 2 members of the Investor Relations team. After the onsite interviews I had two phone interviews with members of the IR team that were traveling. Once I made it through all of the interviews I was sent a lengthy case study. I received the case at 5:00 PM on a Friday night and it was due at 8:00 AM Monday morning. Do not take the case study lightly, it will take the entire weekend to complete. A few days after turning in the case study I had a call with the team leader to go over what I had turned in and answer any questions that they had about my work. I received a call from HR a couple days later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions to test my proficiency at systems and skills that I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Highland Capital (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was thorough and included a phone interview and two office visits with several in-person interviews. I also completed a take home case study. The Recruiting team was professional. I got a good feel for the office culture and the caliber of employees during the interviews. Now that I work here I can vouch that the interviewers honestly answered all my questions. The process is rigorous, but fair.

Director of Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highland Capital (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I had multiple interviews and a case study for this position. The first consisted of a phone interview. The second was an extensive on-site interview with contributing members. After completing the second interview, I was given a case study. It was very difficult and should be taken seriously. The last meeting was a casual dinner to meet members of the team in a more social setting. A great process overall with outstanding people.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were consistent with what would be expected of a role of this nature.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Highland Capital (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was initially phone screened, then later invited into the office for a marathon of interviews that required me to take the day off from my current job. I think I met 11 people in total. It was quite exhaustive. Everyone was friendly, but took themselves very seriously.

Interview Questions

• They required a case study that tested my skills, organization, problem solving abilities, and attention to details.   Answer Question

Investment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highland Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

several phone interviews (started >15 min after scheduling), then a case study. process is fairly efficient, but they ask you to spend 10 hours on a case study before they invite you in.

They don't communicate any real guidelines before, or helpful info afterwards - beyond a canned response after you complete the case study. (i.e. the case study takes no time to set up on their end, but takes up 10+ hours for you.)

If they treat you like a disposable dishrag in the interview process, imagine how they'll treat you over the long term as an employee...

Interview Questions

• resume walkthrough, fit/experience related discussion about market knowledge etc.   Answer Question