Hightail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hightail Interview Questions

Interviews at Hightail

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Telephonic and two face - face interviews

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you overcame, describe in details the problem statement and the hands solution to it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA).

Interview

I was referred by an employee at the time. I sent him my resume and then they set up a series of phone screens for me to complete. After completing them, they wanted to interview . The interview consisted of 5 people of various titles. After the interview, I was given notice a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you like and not like about Xcode? It was an open ended question, but at the time there were lots of thoughts running through my head. The only thing I could think of were reasons why I liked Xcode, but couldn't really elaborate more on what I didn't like.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, and was approached by a recruiter and then scheduled a phone interview through the same recruiter.
    Next came the Phone Screen, general questions and several technical questions asked.
    After, another Phone Screen took place, and more technical questions asked.
    After, an onsite interview consisted of several different engineers you will be working with each asking different questions for 45mins each.

Interview Questions

• If you are applying as a Javascript Engineer, it will be necessary to review vanilla JS, scope, oojs, the use of popular js libs, css, sass, angular, html   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face with three individuals, the hiring manager, then a technical interview and finally a peer interview. The hiring manager wanted to explain the job, the technical interview was gauging the depth of the candidates technical skill set, and the peer interview was more of a cultural fit

Interview Questions

• Why are point to point VPNs not exactly the best way to connect LANS   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hightail.

Interview

Applied through University
    got call for onsite interview after 2 weeks

The entire process took 2 weeks. I applied through my school's career center and received an on-campus interview promptly. I do not think I was completely qualified for the position, so it is understandable that I did not pass the interview. I never received any communication after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk-through, Agile development, Innovative ideas, Java OOPS, SQL   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Thorough interview process. Started with 30 minute phone calls with recruiting, then the hiring manager. I was then brought onsite a short time later to meet with 6 individuals over a half day. Those I met with were in sales, customer success and customer support and ranged from managers to directors. I was told the CEO regularly meets with candidates, but he was out of office that day. After I accepted, the CEO was part of my onboarding process which was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Q: Discuss past projects you've implemented.   1 Answer
    • Q: Tell us about CRM platforms you've used and why or why not they were successful.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Great. Everyone was very friendly and helped me through the process. Felt as if they were partnering with me as opposed to interviewing me. Met with many members of the team including the CEO and COO. Everyone was very intelligent.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hightail in April 2013.

Interview

I had two phone calls with the VP of Engineering to learn more about what the company did and what the position was for. Then was brought into the office for an on-site for about 4 hours. Lunch was included with the team that I was to join.

Interview Questions

• There were some very high level questions about my philosophical beliefs on organization and orchestration.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA).

Interview

This is really a great company, it's a hidden gem in Silicon Valley.

The technology is new and relevant. The people that work there are smart and friendly. It's profitable. Exec management seems to know how to manage money, instead of accumulating mountains of debt/VC money and spending it on advertising, they're more careful about how they spend.

The perks are great... free drinks (beyond soda), and snacks. Nice yuppi location if you have a family. Other perks.

Also, it's a fairly engineering-driven company... the PM said "Everybody is a PM here" ... meaning everybody influences the products' direction.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked "google interview" questions... code an algorithm on the white board. They also asked Qs about cultural fit, how to make the product better, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Initial steps were a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and Director of Sales. Then brought on site for face to face. Interviewed with the Director of Sales, VP of Sales and VP of Customer Success. Pretty standard. One hour with each.