Hikari Tsushin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hikari Tsushin Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.0

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hikari Tsushin in June 2016.

Interview

About 30 mins on Skype. The interviewer comes from the HR. They are recruiting overseas to expand their new asset management team, which aims to invest abroad with parked cash.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions from the resume, like what you did in a that position. Why choosing career in financial services, why this company, etc. The CEO is a fan of Warren Buffett, so some knowledge about what he says and does would be useful.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hikari Tsushin (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career event. I did 3 interviews in a span of 2 days. It was with an human resources rep, then the human resources manager, and then finally the person whose team I would be entering.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to achieve when you enter this company?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hikari Tsushin (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Background check, basic programming problem

Interview Questions

• Which coworker is the most unpleasant one you have worked with?   1 Answer

Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hikari Tsushin (New Delhi (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

They came to hire Software Engineers but not a single technical questions were asked. This way Hikari only attracted the interest of left-overs from colleges, who couldn't get job somewhere else, like Thapar, DTU, IIIT-Delhi, BITS Pilani etc.
    Had they asked technical questions only good crowd would have gone through.

Web Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hikari Tsushin (New Delhi (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a bare minimum HR interview. Upto 3 people were interviewed together.
    There were people saying random stuff in the interview and were still selected. There was no checking of the facts.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hikari Tsushin (New Delhi (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

4 interview rounds- focus on web development. (LAMP related questions)
    Explain the entire project of web development from scratch.
    Why Japan?
    Some basic behavioral questions
    Difficult situation. How did you handle it?
    Experience with Salesforce is plus

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hikari Tsushin (Noida (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

There was three interview process.
    1. Detailing about the technical knowledge.I mentioned all the languages, databases and technologies I knew
    2. Detailing about the achievements in the projects.Intern Projects,Academic Projects,Company Projects,Self Projects.What challenges you faced How did you solved it.
    3. HR interview

Interview Questions

• Please define any one projects you have completed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No there is no negotiation as they were hiring the fresh candidates.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hikari Tsushin (Tokyo (Japan)) in December 2010.

Interview

Submitted a resume through rikunabi-next.

2 rounds of interviews. 1st round was with entry level HR where basic questions and basic arithmetic and kanji ability was tested. 2nd round was with manager level HR questioning motivation and more fit type questions.

Hiring process is quite loose and as long as you don't have a sketchy background and show motivation for the job, you will pass.

Interview Questions

• Can you maintain motivation for the job no matter how difficult things get?   Answer Question