Hill International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hill International

2.5

Construction Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hill International (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

Basic 30 minute college interview for an entry level job. I was asked simple personality questions such as describing an obstacle I overcame, an experience with a difficult coworker or school group member, and the usual interview stuff. Also asked where I see myself in 2 and 5 years, and what I like to do in my free time (I wasn't prepared for that one at the time, but have been asked several times since then). The person interviewing me was about 23-24 and was incredibly cocky. Half of the interview he criticized my answers and tried to prove to me how much better he was than me. At one point I considered getting up, telling him what I think about him and walking out. Probably should have done it. Yes it's probably an isolated incident with someone who wasn't part of the HR team, just a guy they pulled from a desk to help them interview. However, thats the experience I had. On the other hand, I heard great things about the woman who was in charge of recruitment at PSU (and maybe all of Hill's college recruitment) from people whom she interviewed. It's a good company though - good luck.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do for fun / in your free time?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hill International (Marlton, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview with a variety of players in the company, everyone was very friendly. Though the main focus was questioning the interviewee, I felt I got the chance to get to know the people who I could be working with, their goals for the company and where I would fit in.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing to overcome/adjust to in a previous position?   Answer Question

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill International (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Typical interviewing process, met with three people at once. It was really enjoyable, they were easy to talk to and went over the position in depth. Asked about myself, what I currently do. Went through my resume and asked about my previous experiences. I asked them questions and they were able to explain it well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hill International.

Interview

First step was a basic phone screen with the recruiter. Second step was a one on one with the recruiter in the office. Third step was an interview with the VP and employee from the department. Offer was given via phone call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a salary equal to my experience but it was turned down. I was offered something significantly low.

Document Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hill International (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Excellent. Very professional. Also had a chance to meet and interview my first client during the process. Was an extremely smooth process. Human Resources explained their process very clearly, and I felt I had all of the information I needed in understanding the position and the process.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember anything specific. Just about my background and ability to preform the job I would be working.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online through the company website and almost immediately received a call from the recruiter. Was impressed over the phone w the prospects of working here - an interview was set up to meet w a few companymen. I really enjoyed sitting w all the interviewers minus one. One of the interviewers came off as condescending. He belittled work experience, and from start to finish he talked about his personal accomplishments at Hill in great detail. He asked one question in the half hour, I couldn't get a word in, and when I did speak it's like he was totally disinterested.

Recruiter was going to reach out to me w I'm the week w news, but that didn't happen. When I did follow up I was provided w no definitive information. 'It can take a few weeks or four months, I don't know.' Very disappointed to say the least, but I'd be hesitant to work here if I had gotten an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hill International (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my role with my current client at the time and to discuss the challenges of working as a consultant in a management role. I was also told that there were several elements on my resume that would be an asset to the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to accomplish in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hill International (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Several phone conversation/interviews with the HR Manager preceding a first in-person interview at Hill's offices with upper level managers, followed by a second in-person interview with immediate program team managers. The process was spread out over 7-8 weeks. The managers each introduced themselves and took turns describing various aspects of the program they were hiring for. The people were pleasant, smart, friendly, professional, gave a strong description of the work at hand, and asked straight-forward questions, ( no goofy questions).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and your background.
      Tell us about your school experience.
      Are you familiar with and/or heard anything about the program project we are hiring for?
      What attracts you to working at Hill International?
      Asked me if I would be comfortable in a variety of differing work environments, i.e. office and or/field and working with a variety of team members and also customer/owners. (Yes).
      After describing the duties and variety of tasks they asked if I felt I could do the job. (Yes).   1 Answer

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill International (Marlton, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview with manager of department, and a couple senior level people including a recruiting manager. It was a fairly average process, with just a few questions that seemed to come out of left field.

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hill International (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

called by graduate recruiter over the phone and Q&A'd about job history, salary expectations, etc.

initiallymet with the head of the team i.e. lead proposal developer and followed up with interview by proposal team and vp and asked to pitcha presentation

Interview Questions

• tell us how you handled multiple projects at once   1 Answer

Negotiation

telephone based and upon receiving the generous offer i mentioned id been given more at another job and they matched it