Hill International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hill International Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.2

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online through the company website and almost immediately received a call from the recruiter. Was impressed over the phone w the prospects of working here - an interview was set up to meet w a few companymen. I really enjoyed sitting w all the interviewers minus one. One of the interviewers came off as condescending. He belittled work experience, and from start to finish he talked about his personal accomplishments at Hill in great detail. He asked one question in the half hour, I couldn't get a word in, and when I did speak it's like he was totally disinterested.

Recruiter was going to reach out to me w I'm the week w news, but that didn't happen. When I did follow up I was provided w no definitive information. 'It can take a few weeks or four months, I don't know.' Very disappointed to say the least, but I'd be hesitant to work here if I had gotten an offer.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hill International (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was a very easy interview. They asked me basic questions such as: what is your previous working experience? Are you welling to work on site? Also they asked if I am a member in any professional organization such as cmaa, usgbc, etc.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hill International (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process. I had a phone screen with the recruiter (great guy!). It was a straight forward phone screening discussion where the recruiter explained the opportunity to me, asked me a few questions about my resume and asked me what salary I'm looking for. I asked him for the salary range to avoid pricing myself out of the running and he told me. That's a rarity so I really liked his openness.

About a week and a half later, I was set up for a phone interview with an Sr Vice President. He wanted to know more specifics about my experience and he also went over the needs of the position. He wanted to meet with me in person so we set something up for the next day. I had the opportunity to ask him about himself, the company, and the position. It was a very easy conversation. I called the recruiter that day to tell him how it went and to tell him if I wanted to continue the process. I did. The recruiter was really great at letting me know how the SVP liked the interview and what the next steps were. Everything moved really fast.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   1 Answer

Landscape Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hill International (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview went very well. My experiences matched the job requirements. After 2 weeks, I didn't hear back from them. I contacted them to see if I was being considered for the position and no one responded back to me. I contacted them a second time and I wasn't given a direct answer.

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hill International (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

called by graduate recruiter over the phone and Q&A'd about job history, salary expectations, etc.

initiallymet with the head of the team i.e. lead proposal developer and followed up with interview by proposal team and vp and asked to pitcha presentation

Interview Questions

• tell us how you handled multiple projects at once   1 Answer

Negotiation

telephone based and upon receiving the generous offer i mentioned id been given more at another job and they matched it

Interview

Excellent - strategic Engaging with thought leadership and professionalism
    An excellent firm with top rated expertise in their industry. Leadership is strong. Several layers of interviews for right fit of culture for candidate and for employer which is what you want.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hill International (Marlton, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview with a variety of players in the company, everyone was very friendly. Though the main focus was questioning the interviewee, I felt I got the chance to get to know the people who I could be working with, their goals for the company and where I would fit in.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing to overcome/adjust to in a previous position?   Answer Question

Landscape Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill International (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I was found via linked-in brought in for an interview a few days later. Came in for a second interview (this was apparently not common) a week later, and received the offer a few days following.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with contractors?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with driving in the city?   Answer Question
    • Would you be able to give direction, make corrections to others work, and handle disgruntled neighbors at the same time?   Answer Question
    • What are you ultimately interested in doing in your career?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hill International (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

Telephone interview + HQ interview then local (final) chat. Very simple and nothing to worry about whatsoever. Actually the people come across pretty well. Nothing technical more inquisitive. They are interested in contacts and what business can be bought into the company. This is the primary reason for hiring a person - the technical abilities appear to be secondary.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult here. A very simple recruitment process. They want your contacts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really, they HR person was very good and indicated salary from $180-280k. I settled on $230k

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hill International.

Interview

First step was a basic phone screen with the recruiter. Second step was a one on one with the recruiter in the office. Third step was an interview with the VP and employee from the department. Offer was given via phone call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a salary equal to my experience but it was turned down. I was offered something significantly low.