Hindawi Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hindawi Publishing Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Technical Compositor Interview

Interview

Submit application, screening the resume and start the hiring process by asking for attend English exam in the company with no internet or access desktop after that calling to attend simple technical interview about word office then Management (CEO) interview and that is the last one

In-House Screening Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)).

Interview

First, basic English and IQ test. Then, technical test (in my case it was business writing) followed by interview with the department head and HR member then a final interview with interview with a board member.
    Questions of the first interview were average. also, They ask you about the company and it's history.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of "peer review"?
      What do you think is the responsibility of the in-house screening specialist
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed salary for all the employees in the same position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They called me to have an interview for an Editorial Assistant position. I had IQ, General English, and Business English test. Then I had an interview with the Hr but I didn't prepare so I made a lot of mistakes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)) in February 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to the company email, they called me to attend an English and IQ test. Then they called after +1 week to invite me for an interview, I had an interview first with HR member then second interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about Hindawi work, So you need to read the website carefully and understand what they are doing. Plus asking general questions about your working experience   Answer Question

Payable Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)) in July 2015.

Interview

First the applicant shall enter an English (around 30 MCQ), IQ (around 15 MCQ) & technical test (It depends on the job you're applying for) for almost 3 hours as a whole.
    If you've passed the English test which they don't tell what score you ranked assuming it's credential you'll go to the second interview.
    Second interview with the finance manager and a higher HR position to see & review your qualifications and set your rank among whose were chosen from filter process one.
    Third interview with the CEO/unit business manager, for me it was with the CEO and it was all about an overview of the approved applicant after those processes you have been through, he asked 2 questions one of them was relevant and the other wasn't, I answered the relevant question and the other I pointed out it's irrelevant question toward the job I am applying for and he understood. They asked if I am studying/interested with any other field/subjects.

Interview Questions

• How many financial statements you know?   1 Answer

In House Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)) in January 2015.

Interview

There's an English and bussiness writing at first .... the busssiness writing is two questions the first is about your goals and the second how you deal with situations
    then Hr interview and it was easy
    and an interview with the team leader
    and finally interview with the bussiness manager and it's no hard as it's small conversation and some mathematical questiions

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)) in June 2014.

Interview

After sending your resume, you get a call within two weeks to attend an English language and IQ test. If you pass, you'll have an HR interview, then a technical one with a coordinator, then another with a manager if you pass the first two.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself - How do you see yourself after five years - What are your weaknesses - Mention a hard situation and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing.

Interview

I applied to the position online. They contacted me about two weeks later for an English test. They let you in a nice, clean room where you sit to take the exam with other people taking it too. Once you sit, they will give you papers to fill with your basic information, basically the same info in your CV. Then, you proceed with the first test which is easy if your English is at least good. The second exam is only for copy editors. It is easy if you know what you are doing or you have done it before. The only thing is that if your test is scheduled before 12:00 pm, you might want to speed up a little bit since the company's lunch break starts at 12 and they will have to take the exam paper of you and let you wait in the lobby until they are back at 1:00 pm. If you finish before this time, you might have the chance to have your first interview. The 1st interview is with the managers and they were nice.

Document Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)).

Interview

I first applied online and then they called to schedule the English test ,I took the test and it was okay/average and then they called me again for the 1st interview ,i was interviewed by two people and they were nice and most of the questions were personal to get to know me better ,then they called again to schedule my second and final interview ,I went and it was horrible ,I was interviewed by a manager who didn't even introduce himself at first and kept asking a lot of unrelated questions and told me literally that the position doesn't require English or technical skills it's all about your personality ,he didn't seem nice or helpful and I had the feeling that I'm not getting the job eventually.

Interview Questions

• Who is the consumer of Hindawi's corp?   1 Answer

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing.

Interview

I applied online and then they called me on the phone after a few days to schedule an exam date to test my English skills . It was only a written exam and because I applied for the position of copy editor I had 2 exams . After the exam they told me that if I passed the exam I will go for a second interview

Interview Questions

• The first interview as an English exam, if your English is good you will easily pass it   1 Answer