Hire Counsel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hire Counsel Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2017

1.8

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hire Counsel.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. The recruiter informed me specifically that the agency was seeking to hire in my area for projects available from local clients. The process from interviewing to being hired was smooth and timely.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked about my direct experience reviewing documents and e-discovery work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Morrisville, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple 5 minute chat explaining the project. Jody just explained the project duration and when it was expected to start. Then she asked if I had any time-off requests. It was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any time-off requests in the next 3 weeks?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that was very engaging and simple. The interview consisted of straight-forward questions about where I live and where I was willing to work, in addition to questions about prior work experience. The interviewer also explained the next steps in the interview process. The interviewer also explained that it might be necessary for me to come into the office to provide proof of authority to work in the US.

Note that I did not receive an offer, because this was a first step in the screening process. There was not the possibility of an offer at this point.

Interview Questions

• What type of work did I perform in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They were prompt to respond to my initial inquiry and we had a brief phone interview. As described they are a recruiting firm so they will contact me with any opportunities that fit my skills. It was short, to the point, informative, and will keep in touch for future offers.

Interview Questions

• What state are you licensed in, what was the last job you worked at, do you have experience in document review.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

It was brief and to the point. It lasted about 10 minutes with as much information as was needed to go further in the process. I was very comfortable and did not feel as though the interviewer was taking up too much time.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was short and pleasant. It was more like a casual professional conversation. The interviewer had read my resume and asked about my goals. She proceeded to explain how the company works. I was offered the opportunity to do the ALTA test.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in nearby areas?   1 Answer

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview is conducted either via Skype or phone. Very easy, no really in-depth questions - asked if I could work the hours needed and if i had relevant experience in document review. The pay is below what I usually receive but these are hard times for attorneys so you take what you can get.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

A brief intake type interview conducted by a nonattorney. It was casual and requires zero preparation. You can expect to be asked basic biographical questions such as where and how long you've been admitted to practice and what experience you've had. Since most of what they do it document review, you'll likely be asked about your experience in that field. They aren't going to care one iota about your law school accomplishments or anything like that.

Interview Questions

• Basically they only want to know if you've been admitted to the Bar and whether or not you have prior document review experience, along with questions about what e-discovery platforms you've used.   Answer Question

Contract Attorney for Document Review Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

This interview process was a bit confused. There were too many people trying to communicate. I believe everything should flow through the recruiter. Once all of that was settled, the in person interview went very well. Sometimes you hit a few bumps in today's eworld, but that is used as a learning experience and worked out very well in the end. Very please with my recruiter and the receptionist was lovely.

Document Reviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hire Counsel.

Interview

It was very short. I think she knew she would hire me before walking in and was only verifying that I was presentable and articulate enough to be sent to jobs. The interviewer was not really interested in the answers I gave. She was going through a script and it seemed like she wanted to get to the end of it quickly.

Interview Questions

• You know we do not place you to permanent positions.   1 Answer