Hire Counsel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

1.7

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that was very engaging and simple. The interview consisted of straight-forward questions about where I live and where I was willing to work, in addition to questions about prior work experience. The interviewer also explained the next steps in the interview process. The interviewer also explained that it might be necessary for me to come into the office to provide proof of authority to work in the US.

Note that I did not receive an offer, because this was a first step in the screening process. There was not the possibility of an offer at this point.

Interview Questions

• What type of work did I perform in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They were prompt to respond to my initial inquiry and we had a brief phone interview. As described they are a recruiting firm so they will contact me with any opportunities that fit my skills. It was short, to the point, informative, and will keep in touch for future offers.

Interview Questions

• What state are you licensed in, what was the last job you worked at, do you have experience in document review.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

It was brief and to the point. It lasted about 10 minutes with as much information as was needed to go further in the process. I was very comfortable and did not feel as though the interviewer was taking up too much time.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview is conducted either via Skype or phone. Very easy, no really in-depth questions - asked if I could work the hours needed and if i had relevant experience in document review. The pay is below what I usually receive but these are hard times for attorneys so you take what you can get.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

A brief intake type interview conducted by a nonattorney. It was casual and requires zero preparation. You can expect to be asked basic biographical questions such as where and how long you've been admitted to practice and what experience you've had. Since most of what they do it document review, you'll likely be asked about your experience in that field. They aren't going to care one iota about your law school accomplishments or anything like that.

Interview Questions

• Basically they only want to know if you've been admitted to the Bar and whether or not you have prior document review experience, along with questions about what e-discovery platforms you've used.   Answer Question

Contract Attorney for Document Review Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

This interview process was a bit confused. There were too many people trying to communicate. I believe everything should flow through the recruiter. Once all of that was settled, the in person interview went very well. Sometimes you hit a few bumps in today's eworld, but that is used as a learning experience and worked out very well in the end. Very please with my recruiter and the receptionist was lovely.

Document Reviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hire Counsel.

Interview

It was very short. I think she knew she would hire me before walking in and was only verifying that I was presentable and articulate enough to be sent to jobs. The interviewer was not really interested in the answers I gave. She was going through a script and it seemed like she wanted to get to the end of it quickly.

Interview Questions

• You know we do not place you to permanent positions.   1 Answer

Document Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Columbia, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Regarding the interview process, first, the HR rep and I communicated via email and set up a time for a Skype interview. The following day, there was a 5-10 minute Skype interview with the rep, during which we discussed my employment history, experience with e-discovery software, and career plans. Basically, if you have a JD, you're qualified for a document review position. However, there are many locations that only accept licensed attorneys for these document review projects. So this type of work is highly sporadic. In fact, a full month had come and gone between my interview and the start of my first document review project. If you can find a location hiring JDs, this position is great for those waiting for their bar results. I'd recommend it.

Interview Questions

• employment history, experience with e-discovery software, and career plans   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hire Counsel (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A lot of pre-interview paperwork. Quick to get you in to add to their massive database of lawyers. Did not advise me about where to park, like other professional companies. It will cost you $21.00. They don't validate. This was a complete waste of time and money.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, I guess since I was a minority who walked through the door there was no longer any interest. She basically went through her script real fast and pushed me out the door,   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hire Counsel in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the office manager, who was an absolute delight. My nervousness was immediately quelled as soon as we began the interview. We convened in the conference room for about half and hour. During the interview, I was asked questions that would actually apply to the position I applied for, no life questions, nothing superfluous. I was asked to elaborate briefly on my background and skills, then I was informed about the position. I was also informed that there were other positions within the firm that met my skill set. I am very grateful that they considered my application, as it seems like a lovely place to work.

Interview Questions

• What were your daily requirements at your last place of employment?   Answer Question