HobbyCraft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HobbyCraft Interview Questions

Interviews at HobbyCraft

2.4

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HobbyCraft (Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

When I arrived I was placed in a room with the other applicants. We were split into two groups. One group went onto the shop floor so we could talk to customers and see how we handle it, as this was going on one by one were taken for a 1-1 interview. The other group were given craft supplies and asked to make something as a group which we could present at the end. Later the groups were switched - floor people crafting, crafting people on the shop floor. Was relatively laid back and friendly.

The job ad was false. The only reason I applied was because the ad said it was set hours over set days. When I went for the interview it wasn't. It was any shift, any day, no structure to it. Found this to be annoying as I lost a days pay to attend the interview. When told at the end that we would hear back from them via phone if successful or e-mail if we weren't, I wasn't contacted at all.uk

Interview Questions

• Interview Q's:
      What's one weakness you're trying to improve on?
      What hobbies and crafts do you like?
      Why HobbyCraft?   Answer Question

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HobbyCraft (Basildon, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

This is my personal experience and opinion.

I applied to HobbyCraft online via the indeed.co.uk job website, which sent me to two different HobbyCraft job portals to sign up, I take it that one portal is their old system and then they have a new job portal which looks more modern in design.

I got offered an assessment/interview at the Basildon Store on Monday 1st June 2015 between 6:30pm-8:30pm - the store officially closes each day at 6:00pm, so it was after hours, but 72-hours BEFORE the assessment/interview I was sent a standard template rejection email from HobbyCraft HR telling me that 'Thanks for attending the assessment, but you have been unsuccessful, and good luck finding a job', so I was never in the running for the job, even though I have never before applied to HobbyCraft and they had not even seen me.

HobbyCraft HR told me that all the rejection emails had gone out in error, but it seems HobbyCraft HR prepared the rejection emails on Friday afternoon because they were quiet, and instead of hitting save, they hit send 72-hours too early, which is very unprofessional.

I am a professional Calligrapher and I am 43-years old, so I guess it is my age that has gone against me, so I believe that HobbyCraft is ageist.

Interview Questions

• You must have a craft skill to even be considered for employment with HobbyCraft.   3 Answers

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HobbyCraft (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Heard back a few days after application. Group assessment. 19 invited but 12 turned up. Split into two groups and given a basket of items. Had to make and pitch a product as a group. Assessed while doing this. At same time taken away individually for shortest interview I've ever had! . Automated email arrived 4
    days later to say wasn't offered the job. Was lots of fun but no feed back given - would be useful for future reference.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Hobbycraft? Give an example of bad customer service you had experienced recently? What had I made recently? What was my favourite craft?   Answer Question

Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HobbyCraft in July 2017.

Interview

Hired online through a recruitment agency I believe. Took about a week to get offered an interview. The strangest process ever - about 20 of us and we were split into three groups. We made pom poms while the other teams were walking the shop floor and crafting a product together to pitch. We were unsupervised and it seemed just more like a "here's something you can do while you wait for your interview". Short 5-10 minute interview with same questions as everyone else here. Walked the shop floor - again unsupervised so there was no monitor of how well we were performing. I had to leave early for another appointment as the assessment day overran quite considerably so I didn't even get round to the pitching.

Interview Questions

• What crafts do you do?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a weakness you've overcome in the past three months   Answer Question
    • Give an example of bad customer service you've experienced and what you'd do differently   Answer Question

Colleague Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HobbyCraft.

Interview

3 stages
    Overview of Hobbycraft
    1:1 interview
    Craft demonstrations to take part in
    There was also a teamwork task where we got split into groups and had to come up with a product to make in 35 min;then each group had to present and sell the product .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want at Hobbycraft ?   Answer Question
    • What arts and crafts do you do ?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Hobbycraft ?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of bad customer service and what you would have done differently ?   Answer Question
    • If a Customer came to the store looking for a particular product "blank cards" how would you ensure they left with a full basket ?   Answer Question

Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HobbyCraft in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then received an invitation for the assessment.
    On the assessment there were about 10 people. We had to create a product in pairs with materials provided and do a short presentation about our product, including a target, price, marketing etc. Then it was 1 to 1 interview. In general the atmosphere was great and interviewers were very friendly.

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HobbyCraft (Hull, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Very quick, one to one interview followed by a group assessment activities where we had to make craft products, I loved it however, interview was too rushed and didn't feel like I got all my points across. Otherwise, understanding and very friendly staff.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for hobbycraft?   1 Answer

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamworth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HobbyCraft (Tamworth, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

First we had to make a new product from some craft materials as a group, which we then had to present and give a price margin. Then while some were taken to 1 on 1 interviews, others were tested on the shop floor, then vice-verca.

Interview Questions

• What crafts do you do?
      What's one weakness you're trying to improve?
      Give an example of bad customer service you have experienced recently?   Answer Question

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HobbyCraft (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online had to book an interview for the following week, split up into 3 parts, fun team activity we had to make a seasonal product and present it, i put myself forward to present it, then we had to tidy the shop floor while being assessed, all relaxed tbh. then a 1 to 1 interview which was just chatty and fun! It helped that i was being interviewed by two lovely women!!

Interview Questions

• Whats a weakness you have worked on in the last 3 months   Answer Question
    • Give an example where you have received bad customer service, and how you would of done their job differently   Answer Question
    • what do you know about hobbycraft   Answer Question
    • What crafts do you enjoy   Answer Question

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HobbyCraft (Royal Tunbridge Wells, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied in October 2015 and got the call the next day for the interview which took place 2 days later. The following Monday I received the call telling me I had the job and I was to begin training 4 days later.

When I had turned up for the interview I found that I was the only one being interviewed that day so the interview process was 1:1 with the Line Manager. He's a very bantery person and I absolutely loved every minute of the interview.