HomeGoods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

HomeGoods Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

1.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at HomeGoods in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from a recruiter to setup an interview, interview was good, very informative, second interview was with the regional manager, more information about the company and what I want from the company, some behavioral questions; then the last interview was with the store manager, there was a total behavioral questions, asked when I would get a final decision and the response was after the meeting with the regional, in about two days received an email from the recruiter to check my references... I finally had a fourth and last interview with regional and store manager they want it to meet and talk about how was work after the first interview, anything new I wanted to talk about... we spen good quality time talking on between questions... I received a call from the recruiter with a job offer...

Interview Questions

• Topical behavior questions (situation/solution/outcome)
      Why do you want to work in this company?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Clearwater, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Walked in. Found manager. Got hired.
    There was no interview process. Right time, right person. Got a call an hour after the interview that I was on the schedule. That was it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

easy and to the point, you just had to show up with a smile and go in the back over all the interview took an hour. It wasnt intimidating or anything just a little nerve racking since it was a first job, you made good money but be prepared to always have to clean up after the customers

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Pasadena, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed and the questions were not very hard to answer. The manager lets you know what is expected from you, and the interview just feels like a normal conversation as opposed to an actual interview

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Riverside, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

came into store gave management my application and I called them back about application . Came in for interview and got hired. just make sure to be available to work whatever hours they need

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Homegoods   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Gig Harbor, WA).

Interview

I had two interviews and they were very fast paced and pretty fun. Got the job very quickly, I think mostly because it was during seasonal hiring. When it's seasonal they are pretty desperate for new workers because of how busy it gets.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my outlook and whether or not I would be positive in the workplace.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in store. They called me about two months later (by that time I had already had a job but I was looking for a second so I went in for the interview anyway). I did two interviews, one on Wednesday, one on Friday. They called me about three weeks later (after verifying my references) and offered me the position. I declined the offer (the offer was seasonal & I had already picked up a second job). Overall good experience though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HomeGoods.

Interview

It was mainly getting to know you, first impressions are key because they are trying to see if you are a good fit for their front end. Very simple questions about your customer service past and experience.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Boone, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back. Just know a little about the company first. They asked a lot about my personal life and tried to get to know me as a person and how I could translate my skills to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Goods?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Holland, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Very quick and easy. I was interviewed by the main manager and I just felt like I was having a conversation with a friend. After the interview I got a call about an hour later asking if I wanted to be apart of their HomeGoods team and I accepted!