HomeGoods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HomeGoods Interview Questions

Interviews at HomeGoods

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeGoods in February 2019.

Interview

Turned application in in-store, had an interview on the spot. The interview lasted about 20 minutes - easy, standard questions; nothing too difficult to answer. Offered employment about 2 weeks after interview was completed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle repetitive, sometimes mundane, tasks?   1 Answer

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Princeton, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

EAsy going ..was asked about the hrs I can commit in the work and the previous experience
    Hiring manager was flexible with the time. Was informed withen a week on the progess.

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Roseville, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot of the same questions from a piece of paper and took notes.
    The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes and there were constant interruptions.
    The store was busy and didn't seem to have enough employees.
    Did not even check references, just hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What does Integrity mean to you?
      We sell an in store credit card that you have to promote with every customer, are you comfortable doing that?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you did not agree with a company direction?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at HomeGoods.

Interview

Total of 4 interviews. 2 different recruiters, District Manager, Then a store manager plus district manager again. Then they Hire you however they do your background check after they hire which is unusual and it takes them 10 days to process it. So just for a warning do not put notice in with your present company when you get offer. Wait until everything is Final. Homegoods/Tjx process takes abnormally long.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at HomeGoods in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from a recruiter to setup an interview, interview was good, very informative, second interview was with the regional manager, more information about the company and what I want from the company, some behavioral questions; then the last interview was with the store manager, there was a total behavioral questions, asked when I would get a final decision and the response was after the meeting with the regional, in about two days received an email from the recruiter to check my references... I finally had a fourth and last interview with regional and store manager they want it to meet and talk about how was work after the first interview, anything new I wanted to talk about... we spen good quality time talking on between questions... I received a call from the recruiter with a job offer...

Interview Questions

• Topical behavior questions (situation/solution/outcome)
      Why do you want to work in this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Somerville, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

You are to meet with the store manager and you must bring all paperwork , also you must answer a very long list of questions and your put in real life situations and you are expected to play along and answer , professionally. Finally your given a date for your training and you are dismissed.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Chatsworth, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was very direct in terms of the salary and optimistic regarding the potential to learn the job regardless of background.

Interview Questions

• Mostly the interview questions involved judging your disposition and attitude. For example: How would you handle an irate customer etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, just here is the salary but their may be an opportunity to advance to a full time position.

Associate Interview

Interview

It was a very easy and simple process. One interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly just the standard behavioral interview questions. After that they called willing to give me the position. It took maybe two weeks total.

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Boone, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back. Just know a little about the company first. They asked a lot about my personal life and tried to get to know me as a person and how I could translate my skills to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Goods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Clearwater, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Walked in. Found manager. Got hired.
    There was no interview process. Right time, right person. Got a call an hour after the interview that I was on the schedule. That was it.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

you have to take a math test they give you a calculator to take the test, it is a bit time consuming then you wait to see a supervisor they ask you a lot of questions , they schedule a lot of people the day of your interview so it depends if you get there early then your schedule time you get seen sooner
    if you get there at the schedule time they give you, you have a long wait to bee seen by a supervisor
    for a series of questions .

Interview Questions

• how many days do you think is exceptable for being absent in the course of a year   Answer Question

Negotiation

ok