HomeGoods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2018

1.9

Sales/Mechandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree Corners, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Peachtree Corners, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

Turned in a paper application in store and received a call the next day to schedule interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was conversation like and wasn't intimidating, even for me (extreme anxiety when it comes to interviews). Very informative but laid back. Asked the normal interview questions as well as one that stood out "What does integrity mean to you?" Overall, just smile, be bubbly, and enthusiastic about yourself and the job. (No offer as of yet due to 3 out of the best 6 applicants, i was first so we shall see)

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Upset customer? How did u handle it?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • How would your peers describe you in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • Type of positions you're interested in?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HomeGoods.

Interview

Walk in application in the warehouse then you take a basic an easy math exam. Then they call you for a face to face interview. The interview is easy with a manager or supervisor. Then take the drug test.

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownsburg, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Brownsburg, IN) in May 2018.

Interview

I filled out an app in person and when I turned in the application they didn’t even look at it before scheduling me for an open interview. The interview was easy. Basically they tell you about the company, ask around the table about your work history, take you on a tour and take a drug test on site. If you pass that they give you your orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Your work history and if you knew anything about the company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeGoods.

Interview

Awesome and that is where awesome ends. One does not know about credit card pressure and their days being taken when you don't get one. That is where you are penalized and becomes not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Your schedule and your flexibility so that they can work around it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Westbury, NY).

Interview

Applied on snag a job, the store manager then called me and we scheduled an in-person interview. Interview was very easy, brief, and I was hired on the spot.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeGoods.

Interview

I turned in an application in person, I asked to speak to the manager. After a week they called me in for an interview. It was only one interview with the manager and assistant manager, they hired me on the spot.

Engagement Cooperator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delafield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Delafield, WI) in March 2018.

Interview

A person who scheduled the interview made mistake by scheduling me at different day from what she told me, thus decreasing chance. She was very disorganized. When showed up at time and day she did not know I was scheduled at that time. It took her a while to find my paperwork. Overall, I got the interview and it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Silverdale, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was quick. I grabbed my application in store, turned it in a few days later, and was given a first interview on the spot upon returning my application. The manager gave me a quick tour of the store, and how things worked, and I was asked to return for a second interview. Second interview had some miscommunication on time, so I had to return a few hours later, the second manager interviewing me read straight from an interview sheet.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at HomeGoods in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from a recruiter to setup an interview, interview was good, very informative, second interview was with the regional manager, more information about the company and what I want from the company, some behavioral questions; then the last interview was with the store manager, there was a total behavioral questions, asked when I would get a final decision and the response was after the meeting with the regional, in about two days received an email from the recruiter to check my references... I finally had a fourth and last interview with regional and store manager they want it to meet and talk about how was work after the first interview, anything new I wanted to talk about... we spen good quality time talking on between questions... I received a call from the recruiter with a job offer...

Interview Questions

• Topical behavior questions (situation/solution/outcome)
      Why do you want to work in this company?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Clearwater, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Walked in. Found manager. Got hired.
    There was no interview process. Right time, right person. Got a call an hour after the interview that I was on the schedule. That was it.