Cover image for HomeGoods

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

HomeGoods Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 368 of over 368 interviews

1.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

HomeGoods

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeGoods in Nov 2020

Interview

Very easy, kind management. The questions were straightforward and not difficult to answer. It felt like a conversation, the interviewer was very patient and easygoing and she made the interview felt more comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • What is customer service to you?
    2 Answers

HomeGoods

Application

I interviewed at HomeGoods

Interview

They ask easy and basic questions about your previous experience with sales and selling. They also follow up with listed referrals and get in contact with them after the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about HomeGoods

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

works at

EY

I need a desk. I am tired of working from dining table. Every cute desk is sold out online. Should I risk it and go to HomeGoods or not risk it and order whatever I can find online?

31 Comments

Join the conversation on

HomeGoods

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeGoods

Interview

Quick and easy application process and interview process. Interviewed with hr then the district manager then was offered the position through hr. They asked fairly easy questions for the role. Everyone I spoke with was respectful and professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HomeGoods

Application

I interviewed at HomeGoods

Interview

I filled out the online application and was called in for an interview. The interview was fairly easy, mainly just questions such as tell me about yourself or asking what you know about the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HomeGoods

Application

I interviewed at HomeGoods

Interview

They ask you simple interview questions like if you had another job, first and last name, what hours and days you can work, if your in school, if you have any disabilities, etc.

HomeGoods

Application

I interviewed at HomeGoods

Interview

typical process, call/text, then in person meeting. Interviewer was very nice and professional. was offered the job but I found another job closer to home that was better for my situation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HomeGoods

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HomeGoods in Aug 2022

Interview

The interview process was brief and very pleasant. It took about 15 mins. I waited for a few minutes up front and then I was brought back to the main office by the Store Manager. I was asked a handful of questions. - Tell me about yourself. - Tell me about your previous job and it's responsibilities. - What does customer service mean to you? - What does teamwork mean to you? - Describe a time you had to handle a variety of different tasks and how did you handle it. - What's your availability? Then she explained the position, its hours, the starting pay, how pay raises worked, and then I was asked if I had questions. I asked questions regarding if there were pathways to advancement, if there is adequate support and training for new associates (if there would be someone to turn to if questions or assistance was needed), what the team and work environment was like, and what was her style of leadership. Then I was asked to write down three references and their numbers on a paper. She told me she would be reaching out to my references and as soon as she heard from them was as soon as she could extend a job offer. They reached out to me the following day to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about yourself. 2.Tell me about your previous job and it's responsibilities. 3. What does customer service mean to you? 4. What does teamwork mean to you? 5. Describe a time you had to handle a variety of different tasks and how did you handle it. 6. What's your availability?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I interviewed at HomeGoods (Nashville, TN)

Interview

Very quick, efficient, and straight to the point. The hiring manager asked me personal details before getting into availability and scheduling. Some questions were asked regarding customer service but were easy to answer. Great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeGoods (Palm Desert, CA) in Aug 2022

Interview

It was smooth manager on site was really nice but staff seem like iffy Took about 2 whole weeks for them to call me back and get an offer I was offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I interviewed at HomeGoods (Fayetteville, NC)

Interview

It was easy and the only reason I’m doing this is because this website won’t let me see the reviews on the job. I’m trying to make it 30 words..

Interview Questions
  • What was the customer service to me?

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at HomeGoods (Minneapolis, MN)

Interview

The managers are awesome! The interview was great and quick. I went into the interview for certain job but once they started asking about me and my personality we decided a different job to was better for me. I’ve worked at other retail stores they are by far my favorite.

Interview Questions
  • Do I feel comfortable interacting with customers and organizing product.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 368 Interviews

HomeGoods Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at HomeGoods as 69.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 1.89 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Cashier and Sales Associate/Cashier rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Merchandise Associate and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at HomeGoods takes an average of 13 days when considering 412 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Merchandise Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Sales Associate/Cashier roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 8 days).

Common stages of the interview process at HomeGoods according to 412 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 42.08%