HomeServe USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Stamford, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by several different people at their corporate headquarters. Everyone couldn't have been nicer. The process was very friendly and well-organized. Good questions! The process was very professional and transparent. This company is rated by outside agencies as a great place to work, and it's easy to see why. Everyone there seemed to love their job, and it was emphasized several times during the interview process that it was a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you know formal proofreading marks?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Canonsburg, PA).

Interview

Someone from HR emailed me to ask if I could come in for an interview the following day. I moved some things around and was able to make that happen. I was confused at first when I arrived at the address because "HomeServe" wasn't listed on any signage. I drove up the road a bit before heading back and deciding that they must be "Utility Service Partners." The person who set up the interview never told me that the building would have a completely different mane on it. That would've been nice info to have! Anyway, after signing in, I was greeted by my interviewer. She asked me very basic questions, and although she was very nice, the interview seemed a bit rushed. When she asked if I had any questions, I asked one, which she answered quickly and then asked, "Is that it?" which almost felt like more of a statement. Then she said that her supervisor was also supposed to meet with me, but that she was on a call when I arrived. She went out to get her, but came back and said that she was still on a call and then was headed into a meeting after that. (I'll never understand how some people don't mind blowing off scheduled meetings and interviews. ) My interviewer said they'd either have me come back to talk to the supervisor or they'd set up a phone interview with us, but "either way, you'll be hearing back from us." I followed up the next day with a thank you email and never heard from them again. I don't mind being rejected, but most companies I've interviewed with have had the courtesy to let me know if I'm no longer in the running. From beginning to end, the interview process seemed very unorganized and a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

HomeServe USA Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback about your interview experience at HomeServe. Rest assured your experience is not what we desire, or intend, for our candidates and please accept our... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter. She took a long time to respond to me but I don't know if that was on her end or theirs. The interview was in person, very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you like to do when you're not working?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Canonsburg, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first approached by an external recruiter and was immediately attracted to the position. It's nearby my previous job, so the location was great. The interview process was a little long, but that was due to the hiring manager's travel schedule, and the difficulties in coordinating meetings with other company executives.

Repair Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

The first interview is with a member of leadership in the department you're applying for. This will either be with a supervisor, or a supervisor and a team lead. If you do well, the second interview will usually be with the assistant manager over that department, or with HR. There was also a test I was required to take where I listened to a fake call, and then had to answer specific questions about the call afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Most were general interview questions (describe your strengths and weaknesses, tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc etc). However, one specifically I can remember was "What makes you want to work somewhere with back to back phone calls, and how do you react to a fast passed environment?"   Answer Question

ADM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe USA.

Interview

easy but you have to go to several interviews with many different people. You have a first interview over the phone and then many in the office.
    People are friendly and they are always talking how great company they have

Marketing Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Norwalk, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

30 min Phone screen followed by in office interview with 3 separate individuals. Everyone was very friendly, I was a little disappointed to find they were not as passionate about their jobs and the company as I'd hoped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why are you interested in HomeServe?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Manchester, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online first then got an email saying they were interested. It was a good, very informative interview. All my questions were answered. No stone was left unturned. Very professional. Took about an hour. Wasn't hurried or rushed. They kept in touch on what I needed to do next. I felt very good about it.

Deputy General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Norwalk, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

Met all of senior management and several members of the team. Also met with teams I would be supporting. Focus was on my background and how I could support the growth, as well as my leadership abilities.

Interview Questions

• Whether I really wanted to be an attorney. (I had been in several business roles over the past few years)   1 Answer

Assistant Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeServe USA in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional handling of the process. Quick follow up from HR after the online application, followed up by a phone screen. Efficient scheduling of an onsite interview with 4-5 members of the team of various levels of responsibility. Great feedback peovided quickly. All around great experience. Was happy to learn about the company.

Interview Questions

Another company presented an opportunity I couldn't decline.