HomeServe USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Stamford, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by several different people at their corporate headquarters. Everyone couldn't have been nicer. The process was very friendly and well-organized. Good questions! The process was very professional and transparent. This company is rated by outside agencies as a great place to work, and it's easy to see why. Everyone there seemed to love their job, and it was emphasized several times during the interview process that it was a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you know formal proofreading marks?   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Stamford, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and straightforward. I was contact by a member from the HR department. They did a phone screen, then brought me into the office the second week.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Norwalk, CT) in October 2018.

Interview

After a phone screen by an HR representative, I was scheduled for a face to face interview with numerous other candidates. The two people that interviewed seem like they wanted to be anywhere else besides going through another interview. I was what makes me worthwhile hiring. I explained my background and success I had. At the end of the interview I was told they were many more candidates and that I would hear something in about a week. I never heard anything. I feel if someone goes to an in person interview they HR department should have the decency to let people know with a basic form letter or email that they did not get the job.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Canonsburg, PA).

Interview

Someone from HR emailed me to ask if I could come in for an interview the following day. I moved some things around and was able to make that happen. I was confused at first when I arrived at the address because "HomeServe" wasn't listed on any signage. I drove up the road a bit before heading back and deciding that they must be "Utility Service Partners." The person who set up the interview never told me that the building would have a completely different mane on it. That would've been nice info to have! Anyway, after signing in, I was greeted by my interviewer. She asked me very basic questions, and although she was very nice, the interview seemed a bit rushed. When she asked if I had any questions, I asked one, which she answered quickly and then asked, "Is that it?" which almost felt like more of a statement. Then she said that her supervisor was also supposed to meet with me, but that she was on a call when I arrived. She went out to get her, but came back and said that she was still on a call and then was headed into a meeting after that. (I'll never understand how some people don't mind blowing off scheduled meetings and interviews. ) My interviewer said they'd either have me come back to talk to the supervisor or they'd set up a phone interview with us, but "either way, you'll be hearing back from us." I followed up the next day with a thank you email and never heard from them again. I don't mind being rejected, but most companies I've interviewed with have had the courtesy to let me know if I'm no longer in the running. From beginning to end, the interview process seemed very unorganized and a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

HomeServe USA Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback about your interview experience at HomeServe. Rest assured your experience is not what we desire, or intend, for our candidates and please accept our... More

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Stamford, CT) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview process wasn't bad - but recruiter (who has since left) was terrible. Played phone tag for 2 weeks because she wouldn't ever schedule a time and would just call at 9pm. Original "quick chat before phone interview" was the actual 2 hour phone interview. Took 2 weeks to get a written offer from date of formal offer - it finally came at 5pm on the Friday before labor day weekend. Made me do drug test before even giving me, or me accepting the formal offer. From resume submission to actual signing of the offer was 6 weeks.

Have heard new people are better - but not by much.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter in the phone interview kept asking how I deal with people who have a different opinion from mine and how I get them to see my side and agree with me. Every answer I gave she would come back and ask "what if that doesn't work?" She did this about 3 times.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations weren't that bad. One piece of advice is to make sure everything they agree to is in writing. IE - I was told the position was bonus eligible (up to 10%) and ended up not being when I started. The initial offer also had a different (lower) title that what I originall applied for - so just watch the details.

ADM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe USA.

Interview

easy but you have to go to several interviews with many different people. You have a first interview over the phone and then many in the office.
    People are friendly and they are always talking how great company they have

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Norwalk, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Process was excellent and thorough - focusing not only on my qualifications, but also ensuring I knew what I was committing to. I met with many of the people I would work with as well as Senior Management. People asked thoughtful questions and carefully answered my questions. The energy and enthusiasm is contagious.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an inaccessible stakeholder?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinebrook, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Pinebrook, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview with CFO ...wuestions about job funcation and how would you handle different adverse situations as it relate to accounting principals. What is the controls needed in cash and accounts paybale function. GAP principals dictate what control are in accounts payable and the cash applicaiton process. If you found any discrepancies...what is the process you would take to reconcile and who would you talk to in order to resolve the issue.

Interview Questions

• Procurement what is the function and controls   1 Answer

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

Very realistic job preview.
    Got to sit and listen to actual calls and see what I would be doing.
    Interviewed with 3 different people.
    Defiantly knew what was expected before I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, salary is set

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Manchester, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online first then got an email saying they were interested. It was a good, very informative interview. All my questions were answered. No stone was left unturned. Very professional. Took about an hour. Wasn't hurried or rushed. They kept in touch on what I needed to do next. I felt very good about it.