HomeServe USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HomeServe USA

2.7

Global Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Norwalk, CT) in September 2019.

Interview

Fairly standard phone interview with the hiring manager, and then Skype calls with key leaders in the U.K., followed by an in-person "case interview" in which I had to present detailed plans on PowerPoint slides in answer to two business cases relevant to their business.

Interview Questions

• "How would you grow the UK boilers market?..." along with 5 drill-down questions, each of which required research, thinking, and slide-writing in a PowerPoint presentation delivered to their senior leaders. This entire "business case" was one of two given to me in advance of my in-person visit to their Norwalk, CT offices. An absurd amount of work to request for an interview.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Canonsburg, PA).

Interview

I had a phone interview, Skype interviews, and two in person interviews (I believe they all went well). I was told after the 2nd in person interview that I was one of the top two candidates and that I would hear back in a week or so. I never heard anything from HomeServe (I even sent a follow up email and still heard nothing). I believe being a Recruiter you have to have excellent communication skills so not hearing any feedback (good or bad) was a huge let down.

Interview Questions

• The phone screen was brief, but they asked me about my background/experience. During the in person interviews they really dug into my experience, asked me specific questions regarding how I would handle certain situations such as dealing with hiring managers, how to source for hard to fill positions, etc.   Answer Question

HomeServe USA Response

Feb 21, 2019 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

We’re so sorry to hear your post-interview follow up experience was inconsistent with the way we normally do things at HomeServe. Thank you for a being a strong candidate for the Recruiter position on our HR team. You’re encouraged to again follow up directly with either the hiring manager or the in-house Recruiter you worked with during the interview process. You also can send a note to careers@homeserveusa.com to reach the Recruiting team, and a member will assuredly follow up with you. They’ll be able to tell you if the position is open or closed and provide you any further feedback. Thanks for your interest in working at HomeServe.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had four interviews. Three over the phone and one in person. But they were all nice, ran smooth and were very easy to work with. All 3 people I talked to went above and beyond to make the interview process a good one. Polite people

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HomeServe USA.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers and was allowed a sit-in. The process took roughly thirty minutes. All involved were very positive and welcoming. I would recommend studying the company a bit before your interview, it shows your will to work without being asked

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Homeserve   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Norwalk, CT) in October 2018.

Interview

After a phone screen by an HR representative, I was scheduled for a face to face interview with numerous other candidates. The two people that interviewed seem like they wanted to be anywhere else besides going through another interview. I was what makes me worthwhile hiring. I explained my background and success I had. At the end of the interview I was told they were many more candidates and that I would hear something in about a week. I never heard anything. I feel if someone goes to an in person interview they HR department should have the decency to let people know with a basic form letter or email that they did not get the job.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Bridgeport, CT) in February 2018.

Interview

Hostile Interview!

The first interview was a phone screen by an internal recruiter. It was about 30 minutes, with the standard questions about your background and interest in the company. The recruiter was very professional during the interview and with follow up.

The second interview was with three people in IT, one was the hiring manager and one was a consultant. They used a hostile interview approach -- they were late for the interview, the questions were impossibly broad, or minute details. The interviewers interrupted and talked over each other, contradicting what was being asked or going in a different direction. This approach included me, where I would be answering one question, and someone would interrupt me and say no, they wanted to hear about something else. For one subjective question, the interviewer disagreed with my approach and yelled "that's wrong! that's wrong!" For what it is worth, there can be more than one way to do things, and I found the way HomeServe was performing the task to be out of date. But, we'll never know, as listening to the interviewee wasn't on the agenda that day.

The rudeness and unprofessionalism was embarrassing for this company. I was grateful when the interview ended, and I could get away!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about our company, tell me about the job, tell me about you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Canonsburg, PA).

Interview

Someone from HR emailed me to ask if I could come in for an interview the following day. I moved some things around and was able to make that happen. I was confused at first when I arrived at the address because "HomeServe" wasn't listed on any signage. I drove up the road a bit before heading back and deciding that they must be "Utility Service Partners." The person who set up the interview never told me that the building would have a completely different mane on it. That would've been nice info to have! Anyway, after signing in, I was greeted by my interviewer. She asked me very basic questions, and although she was very nice, the interview seemed a bit rushed. When she asked if I had any questions, I asked one, which she answered quickly and then asked, "Is that it?" which almost felt like more of a statement. Then she said that her supervisor was also supposed to meet with me, but that she was on a call when I arrived. She went out to get her, but came back and said that she was still on a call and then was headed into a meeting after that. (I'll never understand how some people don't mind blowing off scheduled meetings and interviews. ) My interviewer said they'd either have me come back to talk to the supervisor or they'd set up a phone interview with us, but "either way, you'll be hearing back from us." I followed up the next day with a thank you email and never heard from them again. I don't mind being rejected, but most companies I've interviewed with have had the courtesy to let me know if I'm no longer in the running. From beginning to end, the interview process seemed very unorganized and a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

HomeServe USA Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback about your interview experience at HomeServe. Rest assured your experience is not what we desire, or intend, for our candidates and please accept our apologies. Your feedback identified areas where we can work to ensure our processes are as buttoned up as possible for the talented people we invite to interview at HomeServe. We’d love to learn more and if you’re open to speaking further about your experience please reach out to the recruiter you corresponded with during the interview process. Meanwhile, our head of the People Team has already taken steps to learn more from our team and we’d be happy to hear from you.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter. She took a long time to respond to me but I don't know if that was on her end or theirs. The interview was in person, very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you like to do when you're not working?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Canonsburg, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first approached by an external recruiter and was immediately attracted to the position. It's nearby my previous job, so the location was great. The interview process was a little long, but that was due to the hiring manager's travel schedule, and the difficulties in coordinating meetings with other company executives.

Repair Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeServe USA (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

The first interview is with a member of leadership in the department you're applying for. This will either be with a supervisor, or a supervisor and a team lead. If you do well, the second interview will usually be with the assistant manager over that department, or with HR. There was also a test I was required to take where I listened to a fake call, and then had to answer specific questions about the call afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Most were general interview questions (describe your strengths and weaknesses, tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc etc). However, one specifically I can remember was "What makes you want to work somewhere with back to back phone calls, and how do you react to a fast passed environment?"   Answer Question