Homebase Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.2

Factory Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Rochester, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was well organized and on time . Also the job was well explained to me and had me interested. Also I was on time , it was not that long of an interview. I liked the service I got while waiting to be seen for my interview. I was surprised that the interview was well put together and i wasn't waiting to be seen.

Interview Questions

• What kind of Job/work are you looking for   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Peterborough, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online on the Tuesday and received an email to schedule a telephone interview for the Friday, didn't receive a reply until the following Monday and rearranged the telephone interview for the next day (tuesday). On the Tuesday they phoned 30 minutes late. Telephone interview was ok- questions about why I want to work there?, what do I know about the company? Etc. Received a call that evening asking to schedule a face to face interview for the following Monday. This was then rearranged to the Tuesday (turns out she was actually busy that day.. check your diary before maybe??)
    Went to the Interview on the tuesday. Interview was terrible, the interviewer didn't make conversation at all, didn't seem interested and also wrote down different answers to what I was saying. Completely unprofessional. I was told I would hear back in 24 hours, now 1 week later and haven't heard back yet.
    A terrible interview process by a completely unprepared team.

Replenishment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Southampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Group interview with other candidates before individual interview with store manager before completing all required paperwork checks. We were then required to pick an item from the shopfloor before pitching the benefits to the rest of the group.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to choose a product from the store and describe it's benefits to the rest of the group.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited.

Interview

Assessment centre - big group of individuals, had to sell an item to the rest of the group, got shown around the store, were being assessed on how well we interacted with others. The managers were very welcoming, tasks weren't too difficult. Then if successful, were called back for a 1 to 1 in the coming weeks, which after that were offered job/or not.

Retail Sales Assistant and More Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dartford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Dartford, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for Homebase last night, but then after sending and looking at my application I wasn't happy with it. I then went into store today to explain and to hand my C.V. I approached the manager who was lovely. She then wangled me into an interview there and then! Very friendly team and the interview was casual, not many questions and we had laughs and generally got along brilliantly.

Interview Questions

• What quiz or challenges have I had in my experience of work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be prepared to start straight away. I have only 4 days to employ childcare. 😁

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very formal. I was asked if I have done merchandising before. What were my hobbies and interests. I sat in the managers office and he was writing down my answers. All in all an interview which lasted only 10 minutes.

Showroom Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Homebase Limited in July 2016.

Interview

Was called for an interview after sending in an application for the job. Interview was relatively straight forward. First we had to talk to another candidate and introduce them to the group. We then had to participate in a group activity where we chose an item from a table and had to try and sell it to the group. Finally there was an interview which was fine.

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Informal interview in local homebase with manager and customer service manager. It went well, they asked about my retail experience, why I wanted to get into retail, what interested me about homebase and my volunteering work that I have done. They also asked me about my art a level. Overall it was quite a brief interview

CEM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

1st was by telephone approx 50 mins long. General chat about why your looking for a new role, what your average day at work is presently. 2nd Interview by a Store Manager approx 1 hour 30 mins, informal over coffee, was told at the end that I would be put forward to the next stage. 3rd Interview with another Store Manager approx 2 hours 15 mins, followed a structured set of questions, had to provide a presentation and a pitch.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to them?   1 Answer

Replenishment Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online for role basic questions and answers. Phone call within a couples of days asked in for an informal interview. Very relaxed atmosphere. Worn jeans and tshirt nothing special.

Interview Questions

• Talked about personal life, employment history, what the role would involved and where the company stands currently.   Answer Question