Homebase Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Homebase Limited Interview Questions

Interviews at Homebase Limited

2.4

CEM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

1st was by telephone approx 50 mins long. General chat about why your looking for a new role, what your average day at work is presently. 2nd Interview by a Store Manager approx 1 hour 30 mins, informal over coffee, was told at the end that I would be put forward to the next stage. 3rd Interview with another Store Manager approx 2 hours 15 mins, followed a structured set of questions, had to provide a presentation and a pitch.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to them?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruislip, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Ruislip, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a very simple and straight forward interview. I applied using an application form and then I was contacted by phone to come in for an interview in which I was asked the standard behavioural questions. The whole process was over in a half hour.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you work in a team?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broadstairs, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Broadstairs, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Was sat opposite two managers from Homebase - they had a list of questions and my CV and they proceeded through them. Took about 1 hour.

We also had to go through and sit on a computer to answer some scenario questions on how to deal with the public etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, Why do you want the job, What experience do you have with the public   Answer Question

Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Two face to face interviews with two interviewers each time.
    Online verbal and numerical reasoning tests.
    Online personality test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your influencing style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Maximum package on offer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very formal. I was asked if I have done merchandising before. What were my hobbies and interests. I sat in the managers office and he was writing down my answers. All in all an interview which lasted only 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of good customer service   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2018.

Interview

Frustrating from the start , I did my homework on the company and values since the takeover by Bunnings , shame that the hiring manager did very little to research my c.v before asking for my time to meet and CHAT about a job which did not exist ????

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the job   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2013.

Interview

Very casual. initial group interview where you need to sell a product on 5 minutes notice. Second interview was more a general discussion and talking about skills and knowledge

Interview Questions

• Given object. Sell me this... eg barbeque   1 Answer

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Homebase Limited (Stirling, Scotland (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager to get to know you and arrange a time for a face to face interview. The interview involved a series of competency based questions and lasted around 20 minutes. If successful at this stage an induction day followed where a formal job offer is presented. Overall a good experience which was prompt and thorough.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homebase Limited in July 2010.

Interview

I sent by post an application form for the position of customer service Assistant. In 2 weeks time I have received a phone call inviting me to an interview. At the interview we were 4 people. We all attended a Group Interview and then we individually had a 15 min 1:1 interview. I got a phone call later in the day telling me that I was successful in the interview and I was offered the job with immediate start.

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult thing you have experienced in your life?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Homebase Limited in April 2014.

Interview

Knew a friend that worked there and so asked him if there was anything going and he took me over to a team leader who invited me to a interview, bring my CV along the next day (pretty desperate for staff). Went a long interview was with the customer care manager, pretty informal up on one of the showrooms dining sets but comfortable environment. Spoke about previous jobs, interests in DIY, hours available.

Interview Questions

• Do you do any DIY at home?   1 Answer
    • Times that you have had to work as an individual towards a team goal   Answer Question