Hoopis Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hoopis Group Interview Questions

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hoopis Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy process, phone interview then a couple in person interviews. Want to know about you and why, company wasn't for me. Want you to build your book on your own and is more of find clients then get paid type of gig.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hoopis Group (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. The recruiter really just wanted to get a feel for my background, where I was coming from, how I thought and talked. I think her job was to get a feel of what I was like, my personality etc. It didn't feel like there was too much pressure - I think her job was to judge whether or not I was genuine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your background. What did you major in school? Why? Did you like it? What about Hoopis Group specifically? What about this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hoopis Group (South Bend, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a simple get to know session during which I learned about Hoopis Group on a basis level; plus, the recruiter got to know me too. She asked me about my background, work experience, etc.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hoopis Group.

Interview

I only did the phone screening and listened to the lady tell me what this position is about. This position is basically a "door-to-door" sales position. Salary is 100% commission and you don't get a list of clients. You literally have to go searching for your own clients. They provide marketing information and train you, but this job will require you to use whatever connections you have to make sales.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hoopis Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied via my college career finder website and was called by Christina, the recruiter, that Friday to set up an interview time the next Monday. She had quick turnaround on email response time and was very detailed regarding where to go, who to meet, and what to do when I got to the building. I met with Christina first and then met with one the associates I would be working under. Both were very friendly and were easy to talk to. After a brief second meeting, I was told that the internship was mine and I was a great fit but the other associate I was supposed to be working for was away so we were waiting for him to return before we dove into the pay and work details. This was fine with me since I had just graduated and was eager to lounge around on the couch for a few days but days became weeks and weeks became a month of email, phone, and text tag. I would reach out to see when we could meet to discuss my start date but would be told that they were, once again, out of state. I eventually sent one more final email but was already applying to new jobs and internships. Hopefully the associates can learn to be available and communicate with who they need to before taking their trips they win for meeting numbers goals.

Interview Questions

• Based on what you've seen on our social media, how would you improve it?   1 Answer
    • What do you already know about this company and what have you learned about this company today?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your past experience (basically read me your resume)   Answer Question

Financial Services Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hoopis Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

First call was just a basic introduction to get to know myself and to allow me to get to know the company. I was able to answer basic questions about my hobbies and the lessons that I have learned from my past employment opportunities.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I am able to overcome adversity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Apprenticeship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hoopis Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very timely and efficient. A phone interview, two in office interviews and Q&A with an advisor and then a meeting with Pete Hoopis himself. Also have to give a marketing presentation for how you plan on building your business. Took about a month and there was a timely response with an offer. They do an excellent job describing the position as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hoopis Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Second Interview: first lady conducted general interview questions, second lady went over the harrison assessment, and I didn't get to talk to the last person during the interview process. They said he left out right as I was going to talk to him. Pretty laid back interview, no questions that were too hard. I thought their offices were pretty nice, and I got along well with the

Interview Questions

Hoopis Group Response

Apr 14, 2015 – Executive Recruiting Director

Thank you for your input on our selection process! We have designed our interview process to act more like a "conversation" than an "interview". We are happy to see that you felt comfortable and... More

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hoopis Group.

Interview

Met at campus job fair. Seemed like a good job until I did more research. They seemed to try and get as many students as possible. When I asked some difficult questions regarding turnover rate, potential career growth, and potential losses they seemed very sketchy.

Interview Questions

Extremely high turnover rate in a two year period, lack of potential career growth, and ability to lose money when policy holder terminates contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hoopis Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was invited to come in and interview for a Financial Adviser position at Hoopis Financial after being referred by a current employee. I spoke with Christina Walsh who was absolutely wonderful with scheduling and following up while setting the meeting. First impressions were that the office is beautiful and a younger crowd were the majority of people working there. After a short wait I was greeted by Christina where we went into the conference room to being our "interview". The whole process was more like a conversation and was extremely comfortable and actually quite fun and enlightening. After a good 20 minutes of report we finally broke into the material about Hoopis, their mission and what they are all about. Coming from a sales background I was very impressed by the variety of services that Hoopis offers and it was quite an education for me. The entire staff and company history was very intriguing and you can tell was based on good business practice and ethics. I quickly began to see the appeal of a firm such as Hoopis, and this was that the harder you work, the more earning potential you have and the sky is the limit. Their team seemed very motivated and designed to set you up for success. Again, coming from a sales background I learned a lot about the financial industry and had a very solid understanding of what it takes to be a successful adviser at Hoopis. More than anything, Christina is a great first face for Hoopis and is very educated on the company, the job and the overall culture of Hoopis. I felt very confident with the company and the next steps primarily because of Christina's enthusiasm and passion for the company.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever considered going into the finance industry.   1 Answer
    • How I interacted with customers in previous jobs.   1 Answer
    • What type of future I would prefer at Hoopis, more as a Advisor, or move to a Managerial position.   1 Answer

In the end, I felt my experience and talents in sales would be better suited for a company that has a product I have had past experience with (advertising, manufactured goods). Though the earning potential was very appealing, I thought that at this point in my career I would like to build my sales experience and not break into a new industry.