Hoover's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hoover's

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hoover's (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Let me start off by saying that I am a lead developer in my current position. Being a lead developer, I am responsible for all aspects of the software that is being developed. This includes backend, frontend, and everything in between. Because of the many hats that I have had to wear, I do not have (and have never had) the entire technical manual of a particular software language memorized. With that being said, my face to face interview went a little something like this.

- I was told that I would be meeting with about 4 or 5 people and that the interview process would last for half a day.

- The person that came to interview me did not know my name and actually called me by someone else's name.

- During the interview, I was asked various technical questions. Questions that I did not have the complete answer to (reference lead developer statement), I explained my complete thought process out loud and by drawing on the board.

- Person interviewing me never gave me a chance to ask ANY questions about the company.

- Person interviewing me seemed very uninterested.

- After the interview, the interviewer went to get the next person. When he came back, he said that the interview was over and escorted me out. I had prepared myself for half a day of interviews and the process was over in 30 min.

In reading the other comments about the company, I think I dodged a bullet. The interview process was confusing to say the least. I do not believe that the interview process that I received allowed me to show who I really was. I was not able to really ask questions about the company projects that I would be working on. The only thing it appears that they are looking for from their Software Engineers is a code monkey that has the entire language specs memorized. They are not looking for someone that can actually think on their toes or solve real world problems. That is unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• How do I associate two tables (Dept and Employee).   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hoover's (Austin, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

5 question and mock call

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes..base

Business Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hoover's (Austin, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

I did not understand that this was a sales job, I thought it was a position where I would research companies, something that I had done as a corporate librarian. The interviewers were clearly burned-out having made the switch to D&B from a local Austin company. They asked about my cold calling experience, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hoover's in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, difficult connection hard to tell who I was talking to