HostGator.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HostGator.com Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2016

2.2

Chat Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HostGator.com.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. They asked me several questions that, since I'm a web developer by trade, were a piece of cake for me to answer. I could tell early on that due to the detailed nature of my answers the interviewer was very impressed with my knowledge and was going to recommend me for the job. What really gave it away was him repeatedly mumbling, "You basically already answered that, and that, and that, and..." after each answer I gave. That and the fact that he told me, " Well you are certainly qualified for this job." It was a pretty comfortable interview with no pressure at all once I realized the guy was wearing flip-flops and noticed how laid back he was about the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• For example: How would you set up an email account in CPanel?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't one. They were pretty firm on "start out pay". Claiming that all new hires currently start at that rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

When I got there I didn't know exactly where to go for my interview, the front desk was not at the front, it was down a hallway. The number + extension they sent in an email to have someone escort me was a line for customers, and when I entered the extension the phone system hung up on me. I had to ask a random person where the receptionist desk was located since I couldn't get in touch over the phone. Their training website was offline with an expired domain name and was at a parking page(the one they tell you to read before you show up for your interview). I told them about the expired domain and they fixed it in our interview. I sat down for a few minutes after telling the receptionist why I was there and filled out some paperwork I had already filled out previously online. She then sat me in a room with a computer and asked me to do a typing test 3 times. The person interviewing me was a manager(but I don't think he was a hiring manager as stated in the email, as he referred to someone else for the hire), and was very nice. He answered all of my questions in the best way possible.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you build a computer from scratch.
      Q. Port numbers for common services.
      Q. Describe a time when you were told you needed to improve on your work or improve something else at the workplace.
      Q. Describe a situation where you had to deal with an angry client and what did you do to make the client happy.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Certainly made the job out to be nicer than it is, and I left due to several problems but let's just stick to the interview. Which will take about 3 or more weeks to finally be called in for. But they do process new workers like cattle, so do not worry.

First is a Word per minute test. Try to get at least above the 50's. I scored 79, and apparently that was way above average there.

After that, you will have a short talk with a senior admin. Very fast, and simple process.

(Be ready for three weeks of poor training when you get it, and then get thrown to the wolves).

Also keep in mind that the schedule you set this day almost always changes.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to explain how to put together a PC, and what you know about DNS and basic webhosting. They just want to see if you can do the very basics.   4 Answers

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

took at typing test and then questions about building a computer. also took a test on what DNS was and how to set up a domain for a website that is all i have to say but i need to have 50 words for the review here.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Few questions asked about common computer knowledge.
    Took about 30 minutes, discussed what the job consists of and my background.
    Just go in with at least some knowledge about computers. Or study the sheet that they email you when you are offered to schedule an interview.
    Took about 2 hours to get an offer saying I was accepted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does DNS stand for?
      What do you need to build a PC?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com in January 2016.

Interview

Short and sweet. Met with one of the managers. A few behavioral questions were asked, but mainly technical questions about servers and web hosting. Prepare for the interview by reviewing the FAQ - the information from the email prior to the scheduled interview. Relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. Every employee starts at the same rate.

Windows Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The person interviewing did not know what the difference between MSSQL and Mysql was. Interviewer made unprofessional comments that I felt was not very HR appropriate. I ignored it as I was looking for a job but I don't think I'll be applying back to this company.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about my faith and religion. Upon telling him I did not want to discuss it the person quickly dismissed me in the conversation. It is obvious he is choosing just certain religions.   3 Answers

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The recruiter asked me about my past employment, basic technical questions, and my availability. I applied through WorkinTexas.com by sending the recruiter my resume by email. I got an email to do an aptitude test. After that, I got an email scheduling an interview with the recruiter. The whole process took three weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are the ports for DNS, SMTP, POP, and IMAP?   1 Answer

Director of Front Line Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Professional recorded interview so it could be shared with upper management. The recruiter asked appropriate interview questions in relation to the position. It felt like they already had the person they wanted for the job since he was already doing the job while the formal interview process was being conducted. This seems to be the case for most of the promotion opportunities into higher level positions.

Interview Questions

• How would I ensure the managers under me completed their employee's evaluations they are assigned.   1 Answer

Junior Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a very casual one. Dress attire is very casual and not relaxed. Do not wear a suit they don't care. The interview seems to be conducted by employees themselves. It's very scripted and elementary. They ask you a couple personality/customer service questions followed by some very simple technical questions. The interview is a very short one. If you're good at interviews you'll pass with flying colors.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used cPanel?   1 Answer