Hostopia.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

3.3

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied to a posting online, I received an email for an interview which lasted about 2 hours. Then about a week later I received an offer letter via email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Offer was made and I accepted it.

Digital Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screening from the head office, once they liked you, you moved forward. 1st interview in person at the office. 2nd Interview over the phone, as a followup/continuation of the 1st interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

A lady called to me to schedule an over the phone interview. I was prepared for a at lest 30 minutes interview but the interview did not take more than 10 minutes. I think it was more of a screening than an interview. The phone call was spent on greetings and only one question from the interviewer's side.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Too long. Interviewed 4 times before I was asked to personally come in. It made it seem like it was the a really good job with good earning. It was terrible. Too many scenarios to answer. If you've tested my skills for a whole week that should have been enough.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions: how can you deal with a potential problem with a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Good interview but very exhausting. I've talked with 4 different managers, including the director in the same day, all of them was an one-to-one interview with 30 minutes each. Total: 2 hours interview. After one week from the interview, the head hunter told me that they liked my profile and wanted to hire me. Couple of weeks after this, I've tried to contact the head hunter again but he didn't answer my calls. I've also send an e-mail to a manager that interviewed me asking if the head hunter was telling me the truth and I should continue waiting or not, but I didn't receive any answer from him. After waiting for an offer more than one month after the interview, I've decided to continue my job search. It was a nice project and I was really excited to work with them but they (at least the head hunter) don't seem to be much professional.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected for a PM position: 1st. What is the difference btw POP and SMTP protocols. 2nd. What are the 7 layers of OSI model.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

During the interview, one of the interviewer holding an extremely senior title in the company dosed off...LOL!
    Technical knowledge overall is very poor of the Sr. management ...therefore you can easily assess the staff skill level. Some of them have incomplete degrees (drop-outs) sitting on very high positions.
    After just one interview I was selected - but the hiring process is very clumsy and unclear – they are not sure who all should interview the candidate and scramble at the last minute who else to call and get the candidate interviewed.

Interview Questions

• No technical question....one simple question was asked "what will not make you leave us"...again - LOL! Another question that was asked "we have people with very high egos, sure you will be able to adjust in such situations?". Very poor management tactics applied in general.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for more compensation - you will be promised anything and everything during the interview...but nothing will be given in written. Later, the mgmt will conveniently forget all about it and you will keep sulking till you decide to leave...at that point they will again promise a lot to make you stay and would extend a bigger offer.

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

I spoke with a 3rd party agency who got me this job because the HR department failed to book me in for an interview. Few weeks later I got an email from the 3rd party agency for an in-person interview which went all. I was currently employed. After when the interview went well I was asked for a background check and I requested when I should give my two notice, with Hostopia's HR's permission I gave my notice. The check seems to be taking long...and I emailed them back saying what will happen if it takes longer, they said "Don't worry, you will start work according to date and if anything we'll discuss it with you". All of a sudden someone from HireRight calls me for background check. This person's English was very week and did not know what this person was doing. 4 weeks later I get an email from Hostopia's HR department saying I won't be working for them any more without any detail explanation.

Overall, I'd like to say that if your currently employed do not give your 2 weeks notice until the background check is completed 100% not matter what they said. If you don't get the job then good for you there are many other organized and professional companies out there.

Interview Questions

• There were all yes/no questions and didn't want any explanations.   Answer Question

Due to many miss communications....

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

HR Manager called me, after speaking for about 30 minutes he said he wanted me in for an interview asap. My interview was with my manager and another project manager. One hour each. I got a call later that day form the HR Manager informing me of an offer. I had the email offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate anything. But I believe it's possible.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview had an odd rhythm to it. The interviewer seemed distracted or was working on something else while I was speaking. He also used his speaker phone which is a bit discourteous when the conversation is 1:1 (and the sound wasn't great). He wasnt unpleasant, just disinterested. So far no offer has been made and based on the lacklustre ending of the call, I'm not expecting one. It seems that the agency has been having difficulty filling the role ... Possibly the issue is the interviewer?!

Interview Questions

• What things are you not good at or don't like to do?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hostopia.com (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

(Hostopia is a subsidiary of Deluxe Corp. The interviewer said she was from Deluxe corp. – www.deluxe.com)
    Got a call from HR to do phone interview the next morning.
    The HR representative sounds very inexperienced - unprofessional and not very polite ( she is not rude, but just did not extend the basic politeness and business etiquette)
    She asked some basic screening question, why do you apply to this position etc. She talked fast and does not seems to listen at all. When it got to work experience questions, she started demanding customer/client names that I have (our company ) done project for. I provided a few customer names that is kind of public domain knowledge and told her I could not reveal customer names and engagement details. She either did not hear that or has not had her morning coffee yet, and kept asking for customer names and project details repeatedly. I finally got fed up and gave her a lecture and end the interview.
    It seems Deluxe/ Hostopia use very junior employee to conduct phone interview.