Houston Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Houston Community College

2.4

Job Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

It went smoothly with lots of smiling and chances to show off your skills. The hiring manager was nice as she asked questions that you can related to, not canned questions like those you can find all over the internet. Overall, I was happy with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your how your day look like in your previous position. How you can handle if there are changes in the schedule?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

the interview was quite the usual deal with the same old questions about how I would face a situation mostly STAR based questions. if you do your prep well you won't have any issues. make sure to be confident

Interview Questions

• How will I deal with a student who doesn't comply to the policies?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

It was a very friendly conversation with the program director and she explained their expectations and then asked a few “interview questions”. She was extremely satisfied with my answers. Actually I was overqualified for this position and the program director was wondering why I am interested in this job. So, she contacted all my referrals after the intervew.

Interview Questions

• 1. What will you do if somebody complains about me to you?
      2. What will you do if you come to me to talk about a new idea but I am busy ?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview took around 10 minutes with 5 questions asking about how do you know about the job, do you know anyone work here, what time you can work and so on about your strength.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

They call you for a phone interview first. These are just general questions to get to know you a little better. If you pass, then they call you and invite you you to do a face to face interview with the manager and one other person of their selection. The setting is relaxed, and they ask you basic interview questions. Typically, you will hear news within two weeks.

Campus Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was great. The Hiring manager was very nice and asked questions related to the position. They also discussed their current department needs and what they are looking for in a candidate. The overall interview was a success.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Campus Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very short and easy. People where very friendly and explain their questions very clear. They explained clearly what they where expecting in the person they decided to employ and asked what were my expectations for this role

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to be a leader   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Just a basic meet and greet. Met the lead in the downtown office. We talked about what I would be doing. Signed paperwork and told to be at the highschool at a time and date. They would have material for me when I get there.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Houston Community College.

Interview

The process for some positions is long and detailed. There are many questions to answer and many documents to submit. However, the job is good and it is worth it.

Interview Questions

• None of them were difficult if you prepare yourself for the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No problem.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with both HR and department head. I filled out an online application, then met with HR for the main campus followed by a meeting with HR for the campus that I was to teach at. This was followed by an interview with the department head and two other professors. The entire process took several months. This was mostly due to the semester schedule. Upon being hired I had to get certified through in-house training in online lecturing. This process took about one month

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to teaching?   1 Answer