Houston Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.5

Hardware/Software Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

After receiving an phone call from the hiring manager, I expected a full panel interview but this was only with me and my supervisor. This has been the only interview I've been in where I felt like I was given an exam since I felt the interview questions were coming from a textbook.

Interview Questions

• What is called to backup and restore on a Macbook?   1 Answer

Instructional Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

In person interview with service desk manager. Interview discussed past experiences and talked about different aspects of the job and understanding about what all the job would touch on. The interview was conducted in a more friendly discussion format instead of a more interrogation feeling questioning session.

Interview Questions

• Your familiarity with learning management systems and any history in using or supporting such systems.   Answer Question

Adjunct English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The department chair did not ask me a single question. She took the entire opportunity to talk about her and what new things she was doing in her own classes. She then showed me which books I was required to teach and sent me off.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I was called in to interview one month after the closing date. The interview involved a 2 person panel and most of the questions were fairly simple.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Houston Community College.

Interview

The process for some positions is long and detailed. There are many questions to answer and many documents to submit. However, the job is good and it is worth it.

Interview Questions

• None of them were difficult if you prepare yourself for the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No problem.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Community College.

Interview

Applied to job posting on hccsjobs.com. I met with the hiring manager for interview. She asked me some questions about my experience and skills. I asked her some questions about my duties and the mission of the department was.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process is something to be desired. Questions asked are not completely relevant to the position. Poor or no follow-up with candidates. Hiring process takes 45 to 90 days per message for Peoplesoft.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions, as a matter of fact, the interview questions are taped to the table in front of candidates seat.   1 Answer

Senior Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied and it took about 3 months to get the interview. They have to screen it through HR first. It was one face to face interview that wasn't hard and wasn't long.

About 10 questions. Wasn't hard if you know your stuff.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Emailed the employer (a former teacher) and requested an opportunity to work with them. I had previously been invited to apply when I was a student because the teaching assistants have high turn over rate as they often are moving toward professional school.

Interview Questions

• career goals, teaching experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a set price, because this was a second job and I wanted it for experience, I did not negotiate.

Financial Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houston Community College (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted an online application weeks later I received a phone call to come in for a panel interview. From the moment I walked into the HCC Main St. Admin office things went down hill. Several staff didn't know what room I should go to, I was sent to the 3rd floor, 6th, and to HR all WRONG places. I finally made it to the interview for a panel interview with 6 of the current financial coaches. A week later I was called and asked to come in for another interview. This interview was back at the Main St. headquarters. I interviewed with the Directors of three campuses. A week later I was told to come in for another with the president of the Northwest (Katy) campus. The interview started late and ran over. At that point I made a conscience decision that I did not want the job!

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were easy. The difficult part was going to so many interviews for a job paying $35K. The disorganization, interview requests, delayed interviews, and no one being able to tell me what the salary range was so unprofessional.   1 Answer