Houston ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Houston ISD

2.5

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I was offered a face to face interview fairly quick after I submitted my online job application. I would say the overall process was quick because I got a job offer within 5 days. The only thing I didn't like is that their hiring process ends in the first week of April so I have to wait until June to do my orientation, which means I won't be able to start until August. I don't know why they stop the hiring process so early.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for the associate teacher position? How would you deal with misbehaving students (give an example)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Principal requested me. It takes weeks to make it through human resources. It is a slow process, there are less HR personnel than there use to be. I had to be fingerprinted, pass a background check and after clearing background checks, I was approved for an interview. I was interviewed months later. The interview was ten minutes long. I was told after the interview I had the job.. but It took a few weeks for official approval and for my official submission into the system. It took another month to be placed in an available orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do about a persistent misbehaving student?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. You are paid based on experience.

Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houston ISD (North Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Complete online application. Receive invite from HR for 1: 1 interview. Interview questions were basically scenarios and best practices for managing classrooms and following procedures. Questions were mostly about how you would handle situations with disruptive students, upset parents, and how you would maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom that would facility learning for learners. There was also a question about how you get along with supervisors and colleagues in the work place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations - Salaries are based on education and certification. No extra pay for Master Degrees.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

They usually have a set date for many interviews. They are a bunch of tables doing interview so you just need to come prepared. Look professional and friendly. They are always wanting associate teachers so its not hard to get the job if you have experiences in the classroom

Interview Questions

• They really want to make sure you have some experiences with children and able to adapt to any circumstances.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It took forever to actually get the interview because sessions fill up very fast. Eventually I took part in an interview day where there were multiple interviews going on in the room at one time. But my actual one on one interview lasted about 5 minutes tops.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle misbehavior in the classroom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online 6 weeks ago, and I got interview. The next day, I received an offer letter. I signed the letters and I am going through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is classroom management skill?
      2. How would you handle misbehavior in the classroom?
      3. What is a difficult situation you had to resolve and how did you fix it?
      4.How would you handle a disruptive student?
      5. What would you do about a persistent misbehaving student?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online received an email to set up a date for a Skype interview. Everything went well. Couple of days later received an email that I passed the interview. Sent me a fast pass for fingerprint. Now waiting for everything to go through so I could start subbing.

Interview Questions

• What is classroom management skills.
      What experience do you have teaching   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

In all it took about 3 weeks from interview to hire. First, I submitted an online application which was pretty much like every other online application I have filled out. After submitting it took about a week for them to invite me to an interview session which I was allowed to pick from a couple of times. Keep in mind they only do it once a month so it's best to pick a time and commit if you want to get the process started. On interview day I had to sign in and wait since they interview a large group of individuals every hour long time slot. The interview itself was only about 8 minutes then I was told they would get in touch with me by the end of the week. Luckily for me they contacted me the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for becoming an associate teacher?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was much longer than it should have been. From the time of submitting the application, to finally coming on board, it was about a 2 month process, and the steps could have easily been covered in 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a classroom that was unusually unruly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process took over 2 months. The first part of the interview is a 15-minute phone interview and then the second part is an in-person interview. They ask very simple questions and honestly, they hire a lot of people at one time. The best time to apply is before the beginning of the school semester.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences do you have to help you facilitate a class room?   Answer Question