Houston ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houston ISD Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.5

Secondary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

Very easy. Applied online, got selected to be entered into the teacher pool two days later. That same day was called to come into an interview. I interviewed and was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• As a new teacher, what do you look for in a campus/district.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

Very laid-back interview with AP. She was very welcoming and sweet and made the whole interview process less nerve wracking. I got a call back later that evening offering me a position so the process was pretty quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on classroom management?   1 Answer

Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the dean of instruction and a member of the science teaching team. There was a list of 6 specific questions they had to ask. Was very straight forward. Pending my references, I was offered the job on the spot.

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX).

Interview

Brief questions and told a decision would be made within a week. I received a call to thank me for attending the interview but I was not chosen. Students were brought to the office as I waited and they seemed unruly. They were about 15 minutes late on my interview time. The two interview were friendly and seemed to like my answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a data driven classroom?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It wasn't a very difficult interview, but I was not offered a teaching job. The principal was supposed to call me at a certain time, and he didn't. So I ended up calling, and he was busy. The secretary interviewed me. I expected not to get an offer.

Associate Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

The interview was completed via Skype. All communications are completed via email. Timely response to emails are important because it provides you the opportunity to move on to the next step quickly.

Interview Questions

• Classroom Management   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about Cultural Diversity in Student Populations?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on line ,name went into the teacher pool and waited for credentials to be reviewed before schools called to set up interviews. The process can take up to four weeks to get an interview

Principal Pool Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Houston ISD (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The multi step hiring process included a written response/analysis of campus data and plan of action as well as a Skype interview. The Skype interview was situational/scenario based and scheduled for 75 minutes. The interviewer challenges your responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about who you are, referenced a part of your resume, asked about your current position and finally, Why Houston ISD?   Answer Question
    • You have teachers calling in sick, taking mental health days, what must you do to get more out of your employees?   Answer Question
    • You are a principal of an economically disadvantaged school with a group of teachers who have developed a reading and writing program where students are writing their own stories and creating their own materials however, the district invested on a reading program and the assistant superintendent tells you your program should be discontinued, how do you respond?   Answer Question
    • Three principles of leadership: Unity of Purpose, Team Building, Commitment to Task, what do they mean? What would that look like in/on your campus?   Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied for a Logistics Manager position. Once closed, i was contacted about 2 weeks later for an interview. I went into the conference room and met the three gentlemen that would be interviewing me. They were very professional during the interview. They asked maybe 8 questions in a round robin fashion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?
      Why should we hire you for the job?
      All others were behavioral questions? How would you deal with certain situations?   Answer Question

Associate Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

In all it took about 3 weeks from interview to hire. First, I submitted an online application which was pretty much like every other online application I have filled out. After submitting it took about a week for them to invite me to an interview session which I was allowed to pick from a couple of times. Keep in mind they only do it once a month so it's best to pick a time and commit if you want to get the process started. On interview day I had to sign in and wait since they interview a large group of individuals every hour long time slot. The interview itself was only about 8 minutes then I was told they would get in touch with me by the end of the week. Luckily for me they contacted me the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for becoming an associate teacher?   Answer Question