Hub Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.7

Inter-modal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

HR process is very unprofessional and disorganized. Hr called, asked a few questions, then scheduled interview. After that there was no interaction with HR. No follow up, no response to any of my emails. Was waiting on feedback and finally a generic email came back saying there wasn't a position that fit my qualifications. Really? Then why did you have me waste my time coming out for an interview if I wasn't qualified for the job?

Definitely not a place I would want to work! Worst experience ever.

Account Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hub Group.

Interview

HR screening, Conference Call with 2 hiring managers, and then in person interview in Oak Brook. Okay process overall, did take a while to hear back though. Also conference call interview was pretty difficult

Interview Questions

• name a time when you ... etc.
      what are the keys to communication
      a time when you made a mistake
      lots of questions about analyzing data   Answer Question

Devops Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I met with one of the managers at the company office who was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview itself consisted of a brief overview of my resume. It was not very technical at all. Unfortunately, the company never got back to me on the status of the internship. I attempted to call the office and I was informed that HR did not take phone calls and that I had to send an email to a specific address. 2 emails and 2 weeks later, I haven't gotten a single reply on whether I received the internship or not.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite class you've taken throughout your time at college?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It took 3 total interviews before they chose their candidate with a phone screening. Great people and great company. They were very thorough throughout the entire interview process to make sure the perfect candidate was chosen by the company. The last interview had two different skill tests that were required.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Phone screening followed by a panel interview with managers. The interview was very laid back conversational. Then followed by some basic interview questions about team work and ability to motivate yourself.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hub Group.

Interview

Interview was conducted using behavioral based interview methodology. I was asked to describe a variety of scenarios when I dealt with common experiences. Very positive experience. It was a comfortable experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

All the interview questions were situational. What would you do if..... Tell me about a situation when... I was interviewed by two people. The gentleman yawned the entire interview. Did not take one note? He asked a question and proceeded to stare out the window as I answered it. At that point I felt the interview was a formality. I don't feel as though I truly given a chance to present myself as a viable candidate or that I was ever considered seriously for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hub Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Two weeks after applying I was called in for an on-site interview. Mostly asked questions about my past projects and skills demonstrated.

Ended interview on very weird note, saying that I was there very first interview for the position and not to be concerned if it was "a month or more until I heard back from them." And that if no other candidate applied for the position, then they would have a problem on their hands. I mailed a follow-up thank you card, never heard anything back from them. Found the whole experience very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Read questions from a pre-written STAR question script.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I first did a phone with their recruiter and then confirmed the face-to-face. I met with the Director of the department and another person from the same department. We went to a small conference room and sat with them for approx 45 min. They were very cordial and respectful; it was "casual Friday" so their attire was such. I them met with another person who admited to me he wasn't ready to speak to me that day. He seemed eager to "get through" the process quickly (he had just left a meeting).

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • If I was CEO for [my current employer] for a day, what is one thing I would change?   1 Answer
    • Why would a company like [my current employer], with 90,000 employees, have an office of only 30 in [current office location]?   1 Answer

Load Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

First had a phone interview with hr. Then was scheduled to have an in person interview with two directors and person who would be my manager. None of which were present in my interview but those who would he considered my peers. Lastly, after my interview I never heard back from them. Its been 3mos. Peers in my interview was the first red flag and then no communication afterwards is another. Would not want to work for them.