Hub Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed on a phone screening by HR and then a phone screening by the Director in Collections for Hub Group in OB. Then, came in to the office in person. We went over my background skills, experience, and education. They wanted to meet me and they were very interested to meet due to them seeing that I have Japanese language on my resume. This part made them more curious to meet me and set up the interview. The entire interview went well and they got back to me in about 1-2 weeks. Then, I had to advise them that I had to put in my 2 wk notice at my current employer. They sent me out a letter asking if I was interested to jump on their collections team with HUB.

Interview Questions

• How many years do you hold in the Credit/Collections arena and why would you be a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hub Group (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Was asked to describe myself. Also asked to describe my past experience. Interviewer talked about the duties and expectations of the position. Also went over salary and company perks.

Interview Questions

• Why I would be a good candidate for this positions...   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hub Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Two weeks after applying I was called in for an on-site interview. Mostly asked questions about my past projects and skills demonstrated.

Ended interview on very weird note, saying that I was there very first interview for the position and not to be concerned if it was "a month or more until I heard back from them." And that if no other candidate applied for the position, then they would have a problem on their hands. I mailed a follow-up thank you card, never heard anything back from them. Found the whole experience very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Read questions from a pre-written STAR question script.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hub Group.

Interview

Interview was conducted using behavioral based interview methodology. I was asked to describe a variety of scenarios when I dealt with common experiences. Very positive experience. It was a comfortable experience.

IT Customer Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

General Interview process - Phone Interview which was followed by 1-1 Interview at the actual location. There were some questions that were not really related and quite difficult but not that bad.

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Quick turn around from the online application. After that it took weeks for an in person interview and over a month to set up a final interview. Don't expect to hear back unless you have the job or their 1st choice falls through. Very nice, polite, but exceptionally disorganized group.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hub Group (Oak Brook, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard. I got to meet with the team, leadership and even cio makes it a point to talk during the interview process.Asked me to explain details about my past experiences with different projects and technologies. Expect technical questions around your area of expertise. Management would ask mostly non technical and situational awareness type questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain details about my past experiences with different projects and technologies. Expect technical questions around your area of expertise. Management would ask mostly non and situational awareness type questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hub Group (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

HR phone screening. Invite to interview. Interview. Phone call. Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard textbook questions. During my interview I just kept talking about my leadership experience. I worked at a rail facility prior so I had some very limited transportation knowledge. Just google some transportation jargon, any sort of expressed interest in transportation will make you stand out.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hub Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

I had a phone call with the HR personnel. We went over some information I had provided in my resume. We talked about my experience in school and some projects I have worked. We also talked about the the job expectations, and some important informations about the company.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hub Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on phone and had a brief interview. After the interview, I was invited for a face to face interview. Very laid back interview and a lot of questions about quantitative data. They were looking for someone with a lot of experience which I did not have at the time.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you think you failed.   1 Answer