Hubspan Software Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hubspan

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hubspan (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied to Hubspan through a Craigslist posting, if I recall correctly. The job req. was pretty standard for a Software Test Engineer position, and I had no one recommending me within the company. The phone screen was also pretty standard. The part I found surprising was the interview process.

I met with 5 people - 2 groups of 2 for an hour each, then about 40 minutes with 1 individual. Two of the five people I met with had a typical interview attitude - posing questions, answering if not encouraging questions, fostering conversation, and whatnot. The other 3 people were the stone faced doubting types - to the point that the interview felt downright hostile.

Everything on my resume required some kind of proof or test. Everything I said required more detail. They were very focused on my ability to name specifics on the fly, frequently rushing me to come up with examples. One of the interviewers even started arguing with me at one point - on how to apply Scrum methodology. I shared my understanding of the philosophy of Agile Development, and he told me I was wrong and told me what the "Correct" answer was. When trying to explain I didn't agree and why, he repeatedly interrupted to inform me it wasn't a philosophical point, I was simply wrong. The literature says otherwise.

I decided less than halfway through the interview process I wasn't interested in working there. They didn't try to make the interview a pleasant experience, to give me insight into what it was like to work there, or to put the company's best foot forward. I was left concluding it was a company filled with overworked people without social skills or nice people.

I considered walking out halfway through - having seen the 2nd half of the interview, I wish I had.

Interview Questions

• Name at least 10 different networking protocols   2 Answers