Huffington Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Huffington Post (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter over the phone and was asked pretty standard interview questions. From the phone conversation, I started to suspect that it wasn't a fit and they were looking to pay lower than my salary range. The recruiter ended the conversation by saying she would get back to me by the end of the week about the next round of interviews. I never heard back from her at the end of the week so I sent an email to follow up. I never even got a courtesy of a reply from that email, which I found very unprofessional especially considering I was referred by a friend of the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a counter offer from your current company if this job was offered to you?   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Interview

Very easy. You could tell right away the staff was very nice and easy going.
    Be yourself. Don't be witty.

Interview Questions

• There was an assignment given. Nothing too complicated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huffington Post (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Quick, informal, positive. Interviewer was friendly and facilited discussion rather than typical interview format. I met with several people from my potential future team. All were very friendly. Got tour of office. Looks like a great work environment. Open space, lots of collaboration. Interviewer made it clear that they value open discussion and creativity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and what you can bring to the table   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Huffington Post (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

We had one-on-one interviews with a supervising producer. They handed us an assignment and asked that we submit the completed task later that evening. We were asked to produce faux news assignments prior to the launch of HuffPost Live. From there we were brought into a panel to discuss the future of the show. We were hired from there.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huffington Post in March 2014.

Interview

A Recruitment Consultant at The Huffington Post contacted me through linked in . We just had exchange of emails as he was busy , he told me to contact the hiring manager directly.

Hiring manager never responded the email, so I called his desk and he gave me an appointment. He re scheduled as he had a production issue that day and did set up another day.

On the other day of the appointment he neither answered the phone nor did he email me about cancelling the appointment.

When I tried to reach the recruitment consultant through linked in it said "You are no longer authorized to message this member."

It was such a lack of professionalism. It was really an unpleasant experience. We expect some form of communication if you setup a time with your candidate.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process was pleasant, but very very very long. More so on the HR side than on the technical interview side. The interviewers were pleasant for the most part and overall the initial prospect was nothing out of the ordinary. The interview style was standard of what most software developers are used to.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huffington Post (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

One phone screen

Interview Questions

• How to find the middle of a linked list   1 Answer

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huffington Post (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

two phone calls, one skype, then an offer. Casual, fun conversation. Easy to feed off the interviewer's body language and responses. No crazy, google-esque, "How many windows are there in New York City?" type of critical thinking questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about social channels you admire, tell me about a current event you followed on social media,   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huffington Post (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Communications and planning via AOL recruiting was prompt.

Interview was three stages. The first was technical, with an on the spot whiteboard Q&A of PHP and MySQL esoterica. The second was the "personality fit" interview. The third was supposed to be an over the phone practical development exercise, though this never materialized as I'd apparently been screened out by the time I'd completed second part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem with working late?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huffington Post in December 2014.

Interview

I went through multiple rounds of phone and Skype interviews. Two rounds with an HR rep, then the beat editor and a beat writer, then a senior editor and then the section editor. I also submitted writing samples and had a writing/editing test.

Interview Questions

• What publications do you read?   1 Answer