Huge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huge Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.9

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huge.

Interview

I had a phone interview fairly soon after applying and was scheduled for an onsite less than a week later. It was going well with the first 5 people I met with, then the recruiter let me know that he was going to try to grab the VP/Director to come talk to me. She came and promptly told me she only had 10 minutes. She asked me: "What do you want?" and then proceeded to tell me that I'd be better for another role. One that wasn't open and hadn't been approved for budget yet, just one that she hoped to hire for. After she left the recruiter came and told me he'd follow up in a few days with more information. The next time a heard from them was a month later with a form rejection email. Serious lack of clear communication and transparency in the process.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huge.

Interview

I had a chance to talk to a few employees at the agency before I was referred to one of the positions. The recruiter reached out to me to schedule a screening call. That's when I learned I am not a good fit for the company. The recruiter sounded like she's on a lunch break and I am getting in the way of her meal. There were people yelling and talking in the background. The phone call lasted maybe 10 minutes. Extremely unprofessional and immature.

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huge (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online, spoke with a recruiter on the phone, then was called in for an in-person interview the following week. I really liked the recruiter in the beginning, she was helpful and seemed honest. The people who were supposed to interview me were unavailable so they pulled a current Office Coordinator and sat him down in front of me. While the guy was nice and made me feel comfortable, he admitted he had no idea what to ask or how to conduct an interview. The second person was nice, asked a lot of questions, pretty normal. My last interview was with the Office Manager who was very late, came in, sat down, spoke about what she wanted from the position for fifteen minutes, got up and left. Asked me no questions, did very little introductions. She basically said the Office Coordinator would be focused on making the conference rooms look perfect - that's it, no other responsibilities. I was confused and tired, as the entire process took an hour and a half and I still felt like I didn't get a feel for the company. I left, being told by my recruiter that a decision would be made the following Monday. I contacted the recruiter two times the following week and she kept saying they would make a decision soon. I never heard back from them after that.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huge (New York, NY).

Interview

20-minute phone screen with HR, 30-minute virtual interview with hiring manager, 2-hour in-person interview with four staff members. I was told I'd hear back within a couple of days and still have yet to hear anything (it's been almost two weeks) but it's clear from the radio silence they are not moving forward with me. Followed up with HR and no response. Other reviews highlight that this is a problem - they interview you and then ignore you when they decide on a different candidate without even the courtesy of sending an e-mail to let you know. Terrible HR practices. Get over yourselves.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huge (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone screening the following day. After the phone screening, I was invited for an in person interview a week later. I was supposed to be interviewed by two groups of two people, and then sit down with the recruiter. The first group interviewers were hard to connect with, very cold and interrogated me instead of conducting an interview. For the second group of interviewers, one did not show up. For an entry level role, your employees should not ask questions above level, especially not in an interrogating manner.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions until they started drilling off hard, detailed questions I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huge (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone screen request from a recruiter about a 1.5 weeks after. We had an initial 30 minute phone screen which covered your basics (e.g. tell me about yourself, why are you interested in us, what are you looking for). I then had a conversation with a hiring manager (30 minutes), another conversation with a peer (45 minutes), and a half-day onsite series of interviews (5 colleagues in total) complete with office tour. Throughout the experience, the recruiters were fantastic in keeping me updated on where I was in the process, helping me to consider the opportunity as holistically as possible, and offering to arrange additional conversations as needed to provide more clarity. Overall, great experience interviewing with their team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research methodology that you really enjoy.   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huge (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Was submitted by my recruiter, about a week later had two separate video conference interviews, one with each of the team leads. About a week after that was given an informal offer, I countered their proposed pay and we met in the middle.

Interview Questions

• What was an especially difficult problem you had to deal with at one of your past positions and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huge (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for a professional position and interviewed with a senior-level individual in Huge's Talent department. My phone interview was delayed and delayed until it was ultimately rescheduled and then began 40 minutes late the second time around. The person I spoke with was terse and distracted, barely asked me any questions, was eating food throughout the conversation, knew nothing about the role and was unable to answer questions like "What are the general responsibilities of this position?" and "Who would I be working with?" The interviewer was also unsure on next steps or hiring timelines or procedures. I followed up a few times over email, received no responses and was ultimately sent a form rejection two weeks later. All in all, chasing this position was a Huge waste of time.

Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huge.

Interview

1 in person interview with panel of 2 team members. They reviewed my portfolio and made me walk through 1 project that shows best UX practices, and the other was which project I was most passionate about.
    1 design challenge to complete in 1.5 hrs on site

Interview Questions

• What is your process?
      Walk us through a challenge you've had and how you overcame it?
      Answer Question

Employee Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huge (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Really positive and professional experience

I applied through The Muse and was almost immediately contact by HR for a phone screen. I had a really easy and open chat with HR and then a three hour block of interviews was coordinated for me at their Dumbo office.

The office is fairly easy to get to and is a beautiful loft space. It's packed with young Brooklyn hipsters. Prepare yourself for a lot of piercings, tattoos, any Chuck Taylors. While the culture was very buttoned down, I wasn't turned off by the crowd and met several really fantastic people. My conversations were really open and even amusing!

Huge operates on one round of interviews and then they decide. Perfect for folks who are limited in taking off a bunch of days for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Don't expect any of the trite interview questions at Huge. One person asked me what made me so bad ***...so let that guide you in preparing for an interview.   Answer Question