Human Rights Campaign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Human Rights Campaign Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online, then got a call from the office asking me more questions (phone interview). Then I went into the office for an interview and filled out another application form. The interviewer explained the history of HRC and the current issues they are working on. I was then asked more about myself.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign.

Interview

I was first asked for a phone interview with the person who would be the immediate supervisor for the position, and then brought in for a follow-up interview in person. The in person interview was a series of three interviews, first with an HR professional, then with the supervisor I'd spoken to previously, and then with two others in the department.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign.

Interview

After submitting the application materials I came in for an in person interview. The questions were what you would expect. Interviewer was friendly. Received a tour. I have no complaints.

Online Strategy Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process first involved a phone screening followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interview lasted over two hours with four different people. While two hour interviews are never fun, this one flew by in the best way. The staff was extremely nice and I was looking forward to working with them. I could've spoke with them for hours - about the mission, about progressive policy, etc. I was told to complete a writing assignment and was given a little less than a week to complete it and had fun with it. We were given some creative freedom while staying within HRC's voice. I submitted the writing assignment on the due date and was never contacted again. I never received a confirmation email that it was received, which was deeply disappointing considering I thought we were a good fit for each other; not to mention all the effort that went into it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on craigslist, got an email the next few days. Called the person for a phone interview. Guy was passionate. Described the role and the work. Asked about Resume items and how thing were going.

Interview Questions

• Asked if you have leader experience. Really described the role. Asked how one would handle someone who is vocal about their differing opinions. Asked about how one would handle someone saying why should I get involved one person's opinion doesn't matter. Asked about work experience. Told about the job easy interview.   1 Answer

Pride Fulfillment Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple and very easy. The entire process took under a week from the time I interviewed until the time I was offered a position, which was an employee referral. I interviewed in front of three people who would be my supervisors, the interview questions were extremely basic which would be a representation of the job.

Interview Questions

• -Can you lift 40 lbs?
      -How do you stay motivated?
      -What drives you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was much easier than anticipated-- I didn't need to deliver an elevator speech or anything like that. The most important parts were explaining why I was interested in the internship and what I knew about the HRC (which can be found easily on their website). My interviewer called me about ten minutes or so after the time we scheduled and seemed a little disorganized, but also easily impressed.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the HRC?

Why would you like to intern at the HRC?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign in March 2016.

Interview

Mine was through skype, super EASY, they ask you easy questions, but it doesn't matter what you say, if you want the job and are trying, you'll get it. I felt like I achieved something since it was my first interview, but it just kinda wasn't what you thought when you meet the other people hired for the job

Interview Questions

• What made you want to fight for LGBTQ equality?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later in an initial phone screen from the hiring manager with no advance warning. After the screen, an in-person interview occurred two weeks later with four people in the department over the course of several hours.

I was brought back a month and a half later for another in-person interview with two different people in the department, and also took a skills test. A month after that, I received a phone call from human resources saying that they were going to look for other candidates.

Two months after that, the hiring manager called me again and asked if I was still interested in the position. I went in several days later for another in-person interview, this time with three people from the department. At the end of the interview process, they offered me the position and expected me to accept immediately without negotiating or asking HR questions, and only offered me 24 hours to make a decision after I requested additional time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the HRC?
      Why do you want to leave your current job?
      What do you see as the biggest impediment for us hiring you, and for you joining us?
      What is the strongest ability that you would bring to this job, and what would be your greatest area of weakness?
      Tell me about a time that you had a difficult experience working with someone, and how it was resolved.
      What did your most recent employee review say about you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I had only one interview for this position. They asked pretty standard questions, nothing all that surprising. It is really important to know why you want to work for them and any publication/programs that your department produces. You need to make sure you understand exactly what department you are applying for.