Hurley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hurley (Orlando, FL).

Interview

A store manager calls to set an appointment for interview. This may or may not be the manager you will be working for/with. Also my not be held at location of actual position. There is only one interview so make it count. Must be flexible with hours . Must have a very positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when and where you were in charge of other team members. How many were with in that team.   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hurley (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Initially I was contacted via phone for an in-person interview. I was scheduled to meet with multiple VPs within the company. On the day of the interview, once I arrived, I was informed that some of the people I had been scheduled to meet with, including the company President, would no longer be able to meet with me. On a side note, I was told not to wear a suit so dressed business casual. In the lobby waiting with me was another person waiting to be interviewed for another position. He was dressed in jeans, a tee shirt and a baseball cap.

The first VP led me on a tour of the office and then sat down with me on the couch in the office. No one who interviewed me wanted to sit behind a desk. Everyone was trying to show that they were very relaxed. Each interview lasted about 30 minuted. The HR VP emphasized they hired based on "fit" with the company and culture more than experience. It was many weeks before I got a form email that I was not a fit. I emailed the HR person back asking politely for feedback to my interviews that I could take with me for the future. I received no response.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hurley in January 2016.

Interview

Got referred to this position by someone within Nike. They took two weeks to get back to me. Got a phone interview that went very well. They said I would hear back the following Friday for next steps. I followed up twice and it's been two weeks since. Recruiter hasn't even responded to any of my emails.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hurley in May 2016.

Interview

We emailed a bit back and forth to get more information but the interview process was mainly over the phone. The call was about 10 to 15 minutes. It was mainly to get a feel of what kind of personality I had, job experience and if I would fit into the team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hurley in February 2015.

Interview

I had one phone call with the recruiting. She talked about the job role and what I would be doing. Asked me a few questions about resume, but overall very relaxed and easy

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hurley (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Casual yet professional setting, a handful of brief questions, positive and friendly conversation. The application was quick, the interviewer (who ended up being my boss) was incredibly friendly. Keep in mind that this is a very casual workplace, and if you dress up too much, you will feel out of place.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite digital platforms/people to follow on each platform?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hurley (Miami, FL).

Interview

I had someone already working for the company recommend me to management, but I hired people and interviewed them, so I can speak from both. When I first got there, I was questioned about things on my resume. Not in a bad way, but just to get a deeper meaning behind some of the things I had written. One thing I didn't like was feeling like if I had a life outside of the company, I wouldn't be hired. I certainly saw most of this happening once I was already hired. If you do community service or anything, don't talk about it to much. Make it known that you need flexibility, but don't be so specific, because the interviewing process can be VERY biased.

Interview Questions

• I can't really think of one. The questions were pretty routine and predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. It was more of a "well, this is what you will get paid. You start this weekend" kind of deal.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hurley in February 2013.

Interview

There are three phases with a Hurley|Nike interview. First phase is a phone screening with a recruiter from Nike. Real basic interview lasts anywhere from 15 - 35 minutes I was told. Mine lasted a little over half an hour. Recruiter is focused on your resume, background, and possible fit with the organization.

Second phase is a phone interview with a retail manager at Hurley HQ. Last about the same time as the first interview. Again the manager looks for fit with the job and organization. Similar questions to the first interview but more pertaining to the job your applied for. Be sure to know the product, the organization, and this is also a good time to get your questions in about the job itself and the management style of your supervisor.

Third Phase is a panel interview. Now the panels I'm sure will be somewhat different in any manner or form but should consist of 3 interviewees. Mine was the VP of Retail, an Operations Manager, and Store Manager of the organization. Lasts anywhere from 45 - 60 minutes. Questions start off formal at first and then are more of a relaxed conversational throughout the rest. The last questions coming mainly from the interviewees and not a corporate form. I'll write down some questions that were asked and some that helped me prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your most definable leadership characteristics?   1 Answer
    • Why Hurley?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a suggestion or successful contribution you have made in your paying job or in college.   Answer Question
    • What would your previous supervisor say about you?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your work/management style?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically the more confident your manager is in you than the better the offer. Hurley being an affiliate of Nike makes it a top notch offer. I didn't have to negotiate anything out as the off hit every mark I needed. So my advice would be just do your research on the cost of living within the area you applied for and make sure your expenses will be well taken care of. You want to be able to focus on your work and not the bills.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hurley (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

One interview, pretty basic asked about work history and then gave a what if scenario and a tell me about a time scenario. Interview was with assistant manager very casual.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hurley (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a last minute group interview held by a manger that worked at the Hurley in another city. He held the interview at a Target across from the new outlets. It was a quick group interview, only lasted maybe 20mins.