Hurricane Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.2

Mathematician Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Went in to do several tests on a computer. It felt like a classroom setting. They give you results right after you finis taking them. There were essentially 4 topics on the first test:
    - Mechanical Test (Physics)
    - Language Skills (Grammar, English, etc.)
    - Problem Solving
    - Vocabulary (Network/Linux)

The second test contained information regarding Basic/Beginning Programming and Algebra.

They also asked me to send them a copy of my SAT and SAT II scores.

Interview Questions

• What are the basic UNIX commands and what are their functions?   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric (Fremont, CA).

Interview

There is an initial screening process where one must take multiple-choice questions, followed by a 1:1 with HR. If one performs satisfactorily in this, one might then be selected for a follow-up interview that involves a coding challenge and 1:1 with upper management / the CEO.

Interview Questions

• What are you seeking to gain from working at this company?   Answer Question

Mathematics Web Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric (Fremont, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me and we scheduled a screen test on-site. It's easy, just tons of multiple choices. But it's super weird that they do ask you a lot of physics questions. Questions are really easy like "how many bits in a byte", "what does HTTP mean", "how to delete a table in SQL".
    Seems like they're not hiring a developer but a technical support.

Interview Questions

• Programming basics, including C, Perl, SQL, network knowledge. Physics, Vocabulary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric (Fremont, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Starts with a Basic Programming and Basic Math Test. If you pass this, they will also give you an English and Vocabulary Test. You will need to meet with the HR person who will go over your resume.
    After this, you will need to submit your transcripts and SAT scores. Then comes the programming interview!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric (Fremont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on Craigslist, got an email 2 days later asking me to come in for a screening test. It had simple programming questions and networking definitions/acronyms. After I finished I talked to someone a bit about the company. Since I finished fast enough I was able to take the next test the same day, which was an odd set of questions you can't really study. I was told to send in my SAT and ACT scores as well as my high school and college transcripts. I was called in a week later for the final interview, and that was someone telling me a lot about the company, and then doing some simple coding exercises.

Interview Questions

The number 1 priority is customer support. I wanted to make sure I was developing, so I went with a different offer.

Mathematician Web Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric (Fremont, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume and a HR assistant emailed me and scheduled an appointment for a screening test in Fremont, CA. The screening test is a multiple choice test on a computer. Bunch of question about programming on C, and Perl, hexadecimal and binary translation, Linux, networking and some math.
    Never heard from them again. Absolutely have no idea what they want from math web programmer. The advertisement appears pretty regularly on Craislist

Mathematician Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric (Fremont, CA).

Interview

They have you come in and take a knowledge test about programming. If you do well, they have you take another test. Then they ask for your high school and college transcripts (they can be unofficial) and your SAT scores. I wasted $70 just getting the transcripts, and Annie (HR) didn't even have the decency to email me back to let me know that I wasn't being considered. I know it's not unheard of for HR not to get back to you, but I'd been in contact with her for over a month at that point and had gotten everything that they'd requested.

I didn't apply through the website, so there's no disability statement. You see, I found out I had a disability when I was in my late 20s, so I didn't have any of the extra help that kids get in grade school or college. They probably didn't call me back because of my grades and/or test scores, but didn't give me an opportunity to present myself. I guess they're 'blind' to learning disabilities.

Mathematician Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric.

Interview

The screening test was so easy to everyone!! just basic questions about computer and network knowledge. But the HR didn't mention that they do not support H1 Visa.......Actually, I wasted one hour to do a easy test. The only one good thing is that you can eat lots of free chocolate....

Mathematician Web Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online after seeing it on Craigslist. An administrative assistant called me and scheduled an on-site multiple choice timed test. The test was proctored by a lady named Annie Yau who gave me a on-site HR screening after I finished the test with 85%+ on each portion. She took me to a room on the side to ask me about my experience, told more about the company and if I will be chosen I will be noticed by mail.

Interview Questions

• In C and Perl what the value of expression "3|7"?

Among other things, parenthesis are used in C and Perl for:
      1. Array indices
      2. To break out of a loop
      3. Grouping statements into a block
      4. Controlling precedence in expressions and delimiting an argument lists for functioc calls   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hurricane Electric.

Interview

The company need candidates to have a screening test in the first interview. The test is included some questions about mechanics & IQ testing, Maths, grammar and vocabulary four parts.

Interview Questions

• I feel difficult about the testing for vocabulary because I'm a second language speaker. I'm so weak on that part.   Answer Question