Hydrogen Group plc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hydrogen Group plc Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.9

Role With Another Company Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc.

Interview

Hydrogen Group was extremely communicative and supportive in the beginning. They invested quite a bit of time getting to know you and trying find that perfect role for you. I had multiple conversations and email exchanges with my Hydrogen contact which ultimately resulted in a face to face interview at a company. After that face to face.....crickets. No feedback. Not even negative feedback, which would have been fine too. If Hydrogen can't make a commission off you, they have no use for you. My impression of Hydrogen has significantly diminished. I have accepted a position at another company; where I am responsible for hiring. Not a wise move Hydrogen.

Interview Questions

Hydrogen Group plc Response

Oct 17, 2016 – marketing coordinator

I’m really shocked to hear about your experience. Feedback after an interview is a critical part of the recruitment process and I’m truly sorry that we have let you down.

I’d really appreciate... More

Entry Level Interview

Interview

Sent in my resume then had a phone call with one of the team leaders which led to 2 further interviews in the office. Whole process was quick and took about 3 weeks. 1st interview is basic competency questions and strengths and weaknesses. The next interview was much of the same but in person and I met a few more people. The last interview was made up of a one on one to start where I was given scenario questions. I then spent the next few hours observing calls and listening in. There was then a break for lunch and after lunch I did my own calls. Unfortunately no one really picked up so I had to do a role play with one of their employees. Lastly I was interviewed by two other members of the team and asked similar questions to the initial interview, such as why do you want to work here etc.

Interview Questions

• Say Goldman Sachs had been looking for a candidate for a specific role and hadn;t had any luck in a few months. We were not contracted to do it but you felt you had the perfect candidate so put them forward. GS loved them and wanted to hire them but said that our retainer fee was too high and they would only pay 20% not 30% what would you do?   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc in August 2017.

Interview

3 stages.
    First stage is a telephone interview.
    The consultsnt or manager asks you about your experience and if none then tell them about yourself. They asked me how I developed an interest in recruitment. They asked why I wanted to get into recruitment.

The second stage was a face to face 1:2 interview. It was myself, and two managers. They were lovely. Simon has such wisdom to offer. Ahmad is very confident and helpful. They asked me to discuss any gaps on my CV and to discuss my experience being related to the role.

However the only thing I wasn't happy about is that I had to call them to arrange my third interview/work sample. I ALSO had to call for feedback. That felt i was chasing them aswell. They don't like being the person to give you the bad news but it has to be done and they hid from me. They didn't answer my calls or pretended not to get my voicemails. That I understand as bad news isn't easy to deliver.

My advice is be yourself, be honest they respect your honesty, talk about any sales experience and if none say what they show you such as cold calling trial test and how it will make you better if you messed up but got the job.

I messed up in the work sample otherwise I would have got the job but what i would say is get telesales experience or call centre experience even if it's for companies like royal mail customer service via call centre. It will prepare you for alot of assessments from Hydrogen and other recruitment companies like the horrible Certus. Certus are awful. Stay clear people. If you don't get through with Hydrogen try Adecco or La Fosse. If you tried them and no luck then maybe Bright sparks or SW6 or Gravitas might be for you. Remember if you're not for them...theres someone who will say you are for us.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

3 stage interview with Directors and CEO which was very relaxed and informal. Mostly discussed industry direction, experience and recommendations for how I'd take the company forward. Made me feel very comfortable and able to be myself.

Interview Questions

• Current state of the market within my niche and how I anticipate it changing over the coming years   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

more like a random chat, asked only things on my CV such as why you chose to do this, and why did you do that. The interview itself did not ask for any of the traits like other interviews, and it did not seem as if the interviewer picked up on the key points to my answers. Sloppy ending, interviewer blatantly seem to lose interest near the end

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

Application and 2 interviews. The first round interview went very well and I was given positive feedback. I felt the second interview was unprofessionally handled. I did not succeed (and after reading the reviews feel I probably had a lucky escape!) however I was never given any feedback from my 2nd interview as to why I didn't make it through despite requesting this. On reflection I agree that I wasn't the right candidate for a career at Hydrogen but I think when you take the time to interview it's professional to give some detailed feedback as to why you haven't been selected.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

2 stages. The first interview was a one on one and the second stage was a work sample. During the work sample I met the whole team within Hydrogen Legal. We then listened into calls with consultants and had the opportunity to make our own calls to candidates under the supervision of a senior consultant.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc.

Interview

3 rounds, first and second round talked through CV and experience. Last round was get to meet the team in a social environment. Fairly standard and straight forward process/fairly organised. Could give more truthful information about the business/strategy - brushed over this part and didn't explain fully the current internal situation i.e. redundancies.

Interview Questions

• experience and emphasis on culture fit for the business   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone interview about my past experience and why I wanted that position. Then I was called in for face-to-face interview. I was asked about my knowledge about recruitment and the company. Then about my technical skill. All took about 1 hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure?   1 Answer

Because I had been offered another job I really wanted to do already. Really good company with loads of optionn though.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hydrogen Group plc in March 2015.

Interview

It was an easy process, direct, straight to the point, no surprises, questions were realistic and on point and specific. No complains, nice interviewers, smooths process, quick and realistic offer.
    Very fast process. Very fast offer. Was a pleasant process.