IBA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBA Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2017

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very briefly, they start with a test(make sure you study circuits) then it goes to the basic questions. Try to become friends with the interviewer and it gives you brownie points. Also try knowing about the company before going. Make sure to talk about your projects in school and organizations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBA.

Interview

Very long; be prepared to wait, they take a long time to find the right candidate.
    For me, my school sent me a message saying that IBA was looking for physics students who were looking for work; as such I went ahead and read a bit about the company and decided that it seemed like it would be a good fit for me. I wrote a cover letter and sent in my resume.

I was contacted by an HR associate a few days later who said that I should apply to a different position in the company and gave me the contact information for this person, we set up a time to chat then spoke for about 30 minutes to learn more about the job, the background necessary to complete the work and my career aspirations. She informed me that I would have to take an exam to determine my physics knowledge. After speaking with her, I waited for a call back, took a long time, so I reached out to the original HR person who contacted me and requested the exam. Took it, it was fairly straightforward, if you learned your material and anything about RLC circuits, Filters, and basic physics concepts you'll do fine. Once they had my exam scores, waited for quite a while again, and we proceeded with actual interviews.

For the interview, we talked about background and what I'd like to do, how I can apply my expertise for the position. There was a second component of technical interviewing where I was to solve problems placed on the screen by the interviewer.

The second interview followed the same way as the first, much less overview of the company and lots of technical interviewing.
    The problems aren't particularly difficult, but I found that I would second guess myself even when I was right.

About a month later; after I was sure I didn't have the job, I was emailed by the original HR person who asked me what salary range I was expecting to earn in this role; sent him a wide range and about 10 questions that I wanted answered that were related to compensation and they sent me an offer letter the following night.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite scientist? What are your career aspirations? What is this device? (image) How would you measure this (image) etc...   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBA.

Interview

First they send me a questionnaire with about 50 questions to complete and send within an hour. The questions were objective type and ranged from Java, C++ to database management. It was fairly simple if you are familiar with the languages and concepts. It was followed by a phone interview with project manager. It was about 30minutes long. Mostly the hiring manager talked about the company and job in detail. He also asked a few regular hr questions.

Electronic Systems Engineer Beam Production Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBA (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

At first you are chosen to do a assessment. you will make an appointment with HR to receive the questions by e-mail. Next step is phone interview with HR. Then will be a behavior analysis.

Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBA.

Interview

Long process, probably not what you need after a long unemployment period but seems to be a great company. Still trying to figure it out. still trying to figure this company out.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBA.

Interview

Interview Process was a little strange, in that there was more interest in the 50 question test than an interview. The test is not to difficult but does require some very specific knowledge in Electronics. A helpful tip would be to review resistor, capacitor, and inductor circuits or RLC circuits. After passing the test the rest is easy, telephone interview. It seems like they have already decided if they will hire from resume and test.

Interview Questions

• General test was somewhat broad in scope. Phone interview was just a few questions from resume, like describe work you have done, any trouble with working nights, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with these guys. It is we offer this and we will provide this for moving. Feels a bit unamerican but this is a Belgium company. In my case I didn't push back on the no negotiation because I needed a job.

Electronics Engineer In Somerset NJ Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBA in April 2013.

Interview

My buddy who already works there alerted the HR of my application and within a week she called me to verify information on my resume and to make sure I was willing to work nights/weekends and live in NJ. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and then she asked me if I would take a test to diagnose my skills.

Interview Questions

• Later that day I took the test--an electrical engineering exam that was 1.5 hrs and 50 questions. I am a physics major so the test was quite hard for me but would probably be quite easy for an electrical engineer (or even if you have an EE minor).   2 Answers

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBA (Sterling, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process went very well. However, I learned more once I started the position. I'm not sure if I did not ask the right questions or they did not tell me the whole story. I learned a lot from this interview process.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBA (Brussels (Belgium)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long process. Applied on the company website. Had a technical test which comprises mostly of basic electronics (filters, multimeter, some spatial reasoning etc. a very wide number of topics). Then a interviews with HR, technical expert and project manager. All via skype. Interview with the Belgian HR was difficult with her terrible English accent . Found really hard to understand what she said. Technical and Project manager were better.
    Overall very non-professional way. Took more than 3 more for the procedure and finally a negative with a lame excuse. I felt bad in the beginning. I feel happy now that I wasn't hired to such a non professional company even though there technology is excellent. May be it will improve at some point.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in IBA?   2 Answers

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBA (Prague (Czech Republic)) in May 2015.

Interview

You have to write a test. It is very general and basic, but you should have a very broad knowledge about basic physics, maths and electronics. I dont think that is hard if you studied an engineering school or physics. However, the questions cover a wide scope, so you should review some basic physics and maths related to this field.

Interview Questions

• What is a secure current for the human body? Describe something from a Gauss-distribution.. Calculate the resistivity of a resistor in an electric circuit.. What is a ciclotron? Watt vs. Joule. Bernoulii's equation   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate, but you should demonstrate some relevant background.