IBISWorld Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBISWorld (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

three step process, short phone interview, followed by a 24 hour writing assignment followed by an in person interview. Overall first interview was straight forward and fairly easy. Writting assignment wasn't too difficult

Interview Questions

• What are the components of GDP?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBISWorld (New York, NY).

Interview

Incomplete job description. The phone interviews are basically managers trying to sell you the role. The face to face interview clarifies that the company is really trying to hire managers for teams. They have a 4 level plan for you regardless if you want to adhere to the plan. Little communication between employees. Culture of telling your bosses info so they can tell their bosses. Complicated product for niche customers. The BDM Role is only a one time sale.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBISWorld (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

it was 2 interviews. One with HR and one with two managers. Very easy and quick. They ask a lot of questions about consultative sales and how you sell in general. They ask a lot of behavioral about your past history. If you have lots of stories about how you have sold in the past you will do well.

Industry Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBISWorld (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received a call from one of the HR recruiters at the company. The interview process was very difficult. I first had a phone interview with someone from HR where I was asked a lot of technical questions related to the economy. I then had to do a writing assignment with a 24 hour deadline. After that, I had an in-person interview where I had to do another writing assignment and they asked me a number of other technical economic-based questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the components of GDP?   1 Answer
    • How do higher interest rates impact the housing market?   1 Answer
    • What is an industry that is negatively impacted by imports?   1 Answer
    • What impact does inflation have on interest rates?   1 Answer
    • What effect does a stronger dollar have on imports?   1 Answer

Editorial and Layout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBISWorld (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I got an email two weeks later to set up a phone interview. I prepared for it and felt confident and when I talked to an editor, she was really impressed that I knew a lot about the company, etc. She then sent me a writing test and I had a time limit on it. After completing the writing test, I sent it back but there were technical issues when I got the writing test which resulted in those issues affecting my test and submission. When the editor realized, she said she still wanted to see my results and would get back to me soon. Never heard from them and reached out twice to them to make sure everything was good to go or if they had any questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBISWorld (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face. New recruit class comes in every four months. You will interview with sales managers. Extended time for the hiring process due to the coordination of the recruiting class.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a sales position.   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBISWorld in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a senior editor who used the word "chill" to describe the office setting and said the people are his favorite part of the job. He sounded very young and unpolished. After the interview, which lasted about 20 min., I took an editing test. The test was in a Word doc, so some errors were already highlighted. After that, I was told I did well on the test and that they wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview. I was out of state, so I could not fly in for the meeting, and they wanted me to start very quickly if hired. I told them I could do a video interview instead and then I didn't hear from them again. I wouldn't have been able to move to NY within about a week.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my resume and business knowledge as well as my ability to handle repetitive work.   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBISWorld (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There as a 20-minute interview in which he asked general interview questions, potential start dates, requested salary, followed by an edit test the next day. The edit test was 2 hours long and required me to edit and fact-check one of their industry reports. I also had to select a pull-quote, write a 15- to 20-word headline, and write a one-paragraph summary of the report.

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBISWorld (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about the role. First did a phone screen with someone in HR, followed by phone interview with a manager, and followed by in person interview with two managers

Interview Questions

• In order of importance to you, please rank the following: money, job security, career growth, recognition   Answer Question

Industry Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBISWorld (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was reached out via e-mail by a HR. Went through the first step, phone interview. I do have to say the phone interview was very relax and the HR person was very pleasant and easy to talk to. You are asked some technical questions and as long as you give thoughtful answer you should be ok. All questions I had about the company were answered very well. Overall the phone interview was easy (with preparation). The second step of the process was to finish a section on a industry report, which was due in 24 hours. It is not that hard and they provide a complete one for you to see kind of what they desire. All the information to finish the report was on the report itself, you were free to use other source as well. I was not called for the last step of the process , which is a a face to face interview and another writing assignment at the offices. Over all was a pleasant experience and really enjoyed talking to the HR person.

My suggestion is to look at other interview reviews and refresh yourself on financial terms/concepts.

Interview Questions

• Industries that run counter to the recession?   1 Answer
    • What effect does the US dollar exchange rate have on importation if lowered?   1 Answer