ICON Aircraft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ICON Aircraft

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Casual setting, discussed work experience & personal background. Interview questions were based off of my resume. Although, they wanted to hear about what I did on paper, they were just as interested about hearing about my personal background. Questions were about day-to-day tasks and challenges/successes I had experienced in other work environments.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft (Vacaville, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first step was applying online, after a few weeks, I received a call for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a waste of time for the following reasons: 1. Hiring manager was on his laptop for most of the the interview and not making any eye contact, he seemed tuned out 2. His co-interviewer, had no notes, and wrote nothing down, she seemed to be out of the loop 3. After the interview was over, I had to contact HR to get an update.

This company has a good product but lacks hiring structure.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the Executive Recruiter via email to set up a phone call for a Finance internship. We set up a time and she gave me her number to call her.

The phone call consisted mostly of her describing the position and talking about the traveling that comes along with it. She didn't really ask me any questions about my education or experience. She told me that she would give me some time to think about it and never contacted me ever again. I emailed her asking her questions about the position but she did not answer.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft.

Interview

Several phone interviews with the recruiter and several executives who will be interacting with the role I have interviewed for interviewed me over the course of six weeks. The final interview was on site.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of how you managed [insert role related topic related to your resume] in your previous role at [insert former employer]?   Answer Question

Quality Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft (Vacaville, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a thorough process with multiple steps and exposure to several individuals crucial to the process of the position. They was also an ease and friendliness that providing a relaxing experience. Seeing the product up close was a bonus!

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the major tasks of your job to produce quick results?   Answer Question
    • Does working for a startup concern you?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of times you have been presented with collaborative projects. How did you deal with disparate personalities and ideas?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tehachapi, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft (Tehachapi, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

ICON first approached me via their recruiter. The recruiter contacted me via phone and I had a chance to speak to one of their hiring managers via the phone for a phone screen. After a few weeks, the hiring manager spoke to me again and subsequently arranged for an on-site interview.

Several weeks later, I drove up to Tehachapi for an interview. On the day of the interview, I spoke with about 6 people with one to two folks from each respective department. Had a chance to walk around the hangars and chat with the interviewers while being interviewed. Overall, had a great chat with all their personnel.

After the interview, I heard back from ICON about a week later concerning an offer.

Interview Questions

• * Tell me about your experience with your engineering processes.
      * What are the challenges experienced with projects?
      * Tell me how you would manage the following projects.   Answer Question

Could not come to an agreement upon the compensation package.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft (Vacaville, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process is slow between back and forth communication, it has multiple interviews that give good insight to the company challenges from the perspective of different stakeholders around the position

Interview Questions

• How much do you like working for chaotic environments?   1 Answer

Full Time Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tehachapi, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft (Tehachapi, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview with the hiring manager. On-site interview with the hiring manager + several team members. Facility tour and lunch included. If you're not local, you have to fly into a LAX or some other neighboring airport and drive a few hours to the office. They booked a hotel room the night before then you interview the following day.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

First phone interview with the recruiter and a follow up one with the hiring procurement manager went very well. Then they flew me in to their headquarter in Sacramento. Nice facility plus very talented workforce.

Interview Questions

• How will you develop commodity and contracting strategies for a small company that mainly relies on single/sole source suppliers?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you have been tasked to develop a cost down strategy to meet the company's affordability targets. What's was your role and tasks and the results/ outcome?   Answer Question

Painter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICON Aircraft (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Not much of interview on experiance or skills more just on the people I knew or worked with in the past so boss could call them because he said hr cannot say anything anymore about personalitys dont know what else to ad just trying to come up with 50 words

Interview Questions

• not any to do with experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just accepted first offer