IDT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IDT

2.7

Sort:

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDT in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email to schedule phone screening with member of upper management. Unfortunately, the phone interview was dry and brief. I wasn't a match for what they were looking for, but the call could have been conducted better. The interviewer couldn't have got off the phone any quicker.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDT.

Interview

Scheduled an onsite interview, I was asked some behavioral questions about strength, weakness.
    Asked some questions related to project in resume, and some basic java and db questions. Then had a short company tour.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IDT (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruiter showed me around the office. The office seemed nice with a recreation areas. then a few folks from the tech dept asked a few questions about my past project and work experience. Pretty relaxed.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IDT (Newark, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Very informal but you have to be prepared to know the industry and come with ideas on how to improve the company. Have copies of resume on hand and visuals on your achievments will also help.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IDT (Newark, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Hiring process goes through strong checks: 2 interviews. First with to managers and then with the department VP. Things went really smoothly, great people.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that I can remember out of the top of my head. It was a pretty straight forward interview to better understand my knowledge.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IDT (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I have been interviewing with IDT for a span of almost 3 months. "Started" the interview process in late June. I was first contacted to be scheduled for an interview with a person whom never contacted me on the set time and date. I reached back to be rescheduled, and finally spoke to that person, after a “mistake on date and time.”

After that phone screen, I was contacted by the hiring manager and had 3-4 phone interviews (almost 60mins each time) with each respective member of the organization and the hiring manager.
    Finally, in September, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview and what I found out to be odd was I was scheduled to come in to meet HR, not the hiring manager.
    HR did not know if I had an offer or not, but nonetheless, mentioned, if you made it to meet HR, an offer should be coming, but no guarantees. I finally met with the hiring manager (another 60+ minute interview) which seemed to go great. We also discussed salary and I was told I would have an offer in a day.
    Come early next week (4 days later), I received an email that an offer could not be extended. No reason to why, but just a simple, I am sorry.
    What a horrible interview process. I am not upset that I did not receive the opportunity, because there could have been someone more qualified, however, I am upset that after spending nearly 3 months interviewing here with numerous folks, I was given ZERO reason to why an offer was not able to be extended. I did not receive any explanation that it was based on maybe the salary, my personal skill set, changing the position of the company, nothing.
    VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I would highly recommend a person not to waste so much time with an organization who cannot value and individuals time, nor have the courtesy in either personally giving them a call or at least sending an email stating the reason why after 3 months of interviewing you, why an offer could not have been extended.
    This is by far the worst and most unprofessional interview process I have ever had from any company.

Interview Questions

• How would you influence change within sales to embrace marketing and its efforts   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDT.

Interview

I was interviewed for an account manager position, and first contact was with the line manager on a 10 minute call. I was then invited to schedule an appointment, and we had a 60 minute chat, with reference to my current and previous position, how I would contribute to the company's growth, and whether I was a self-starter. In general I did not have the impression they were very organized with HR as it took several weeks to complete the hiring process and it seemed that every decision would take a long time. They had no training on tools, so I understood it was all depending on whether a colleague would find some time or not, and it was all pretty much by chance.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about IDT. How do you see yourself in 5 years, have you worked in telecoms, what were your biggest successes, how did you manage a difficult situation,   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDT in November 2017.

Interview

They never called for the scheduled interview. Never responded to my email to explain why. Horrible disorganized company. They are liar and they steel people "s time. Don't apply for this company it is a scam

IDT Response

Dec 4, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

Hello! We are sorry for any mix up in our scheduling.

We have seen some issues with our scheduling service (invites ending up in our spam folder) that we are working on and would be happy to... More

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IDT.

Interview

A lot of people shooting questions at once, so was a little intimidating. Interview lasted a long time, but nice people. BE prepared to know the area of interview well, they ask questions like what you would do in certain situations, which hwas interesting but difficult too.

ASIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDT (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

General talking, then talk about the education background. Then discuss with the resume.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your education background   Answer Question
    • Talk about two projects you have done in university. What is your contribution.   Answer Question