IDT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.7

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IDT (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Good interview experience.

Spoke with their recruiter briefly over the phone. I heard a little about the position, just enough to interest me. I would have like to learn more, it is a big company and I wasn't sure what the role entailed.

I then did a series of Google hangouts with several members of the leadership team. Went for an onsite interview and was hired a few days later.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDT in November 2017.

Interview

They never called for the scheduled interview. Never responded to my email to explain why. Horrible disorganized company. They are liar and they steel people "s time. Don't apply for this company it is a scam

IDT Response

Dec 4, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

Hello! We are sorry for any mix up in our scheduling.

We have seen some issues with our scheduling service (invites ending up in our spam folder) that we are working on and would be happy to... More

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDT in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email to schedule phone screening with member of upper management. Unfortunately, the phone interview was dry and brief. I wasn't a match for what they were looking for, but the call could have been conducted better. The interviewer couldn't have got off the phone any quicker.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDT.

Interview

I was interviewed for an account manager position, and first contact was with the line manager on a 10 minute call. I was then invited to schedule an appointment, and we had a 60 minute chat, with reference to my current and previous position, how I would contribute to the company's growth, and whether I was a self-starter. In general I did not have the impression they were very organized with HR as it took several weeks to complete the hiring process and it seemed that every decision would take a long time. They had no training on tools, so I understood it was all depending on whether a colleague would find some time or not, and it was all pretty much by chance.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about IDT. How do you see yourself in 5 years, have you worked in telecoms, what were your biggest successes, how did you manage a difficult situation,   Answer Question

Data Analytics Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IDT (Newark, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

There are 2 rounds of interviews, a phone interview and an on-site interview in Newark office. The interviewers are nice and most of the questions will focus on the data analytics projects you did before.

Interview Questions

• regression model
      confusion matrix
      analytics projects   1 Answer

Carrier Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IDT (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

It was quite straight forward and easy. I was not intimidated at all and found the process simple and didn't struggle. I read up on IDT before interviewing so I know what I was getting into. The positive things swayed me enough to apply for the position. So far no brainier working here.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from other candidates we have for this position?   1 Answer

Data Analyze Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IDT (Newark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

First, just the basic question. Then another guy asked something about resume. Mostly about the the detail about each project and activity. And he also asked some statistical concept and programming questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDT.

Interview

Scheduled an onsite interview, I was asked some behavioral questions about strength, weakness.
    Asked some questions related to project in resume, and some basic java and db questions. Then had a short company tour.

Data Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IDT (Newark, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call for a direct onsite interview of 30 mins with 3 people. One asked behavioral, other 2 about data analysis and projects based on it. Chiller people. They called many people for the interview and asked everyone almost the same questions. Wondering on what basis the selection is going to be.

Retail Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IDT (Newark, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview went like a conversation. I got referred. Their staff is a staff who has been there for many years. One guy wants to change everything preferring some employees and not others. Then they will play you in the future and give those accounts.