IEEE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IEEE Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.9

Open Source Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IEEE in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. A few weeks later I received an email invitation to a Skype interview with the hiring manager. The conversation was pleasant and I felt like both of us had a common understanding of the job and the potential for the position as this is a new project within ieee. I know others were being interviewed and it is likely other candidates were a better fit. Either way, that Skype conversation was the last communication I had, which is disappointing. EDIT: I finally received word 6 weeks later that I was not selected. I'm okay with that for the reason already stated, but disappointed that it took so long to send a form email.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with open source software communities?   Answer Question

Video Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Greenbush, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IEEE (East Greenbush, NY).

Interview

I had a great experience interviewing with IEEE GlobalSpec. The employees are extremely friendly and everyone greets you with a smile.
    The first step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an in-person interview where I met with the employee I spoke to during the first phone interview and another employee in that department. Next was a phone interview with a supervisor from that department. And the about a week later I received an offer. I applied in late October and received the offer in early December.

Interview Questions

Accepted another at a different company that better fits my past experience and interests.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IEEE (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview that lasted a little more than one hour. It took about 3 weeks from the title I applied to get the interview. About two weeks later, I heard from HR and I will be having a in person interview.

Product Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by 2 panel-style in-person interviews. The people interviewing had very little knowledge about the position. There was a standard set of questions given to each person applying for the position. There was very little opportunity to "go off script." The process took several months to complete.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IEEE.

Interview

Fairly Routine, Single Shot Interview with Hiring Manager. Seemed more like a personality fit than an assessment of technical ability. I was also assessed by a consulting partner during the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of Microsoft?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IEEE.

Interview

Easy process from HR to management. Able to meet with multiple people at different levels to get an understanding of the scope of the department. Able to do entire interview process in a single day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

First phone call and meeting with HR; needed to fill out an online application in the HR office so bring your work history with you. Once complete I met with hiring manager for about 45 minutes and was also given a skills test. A second interview was peer, scheduled with folks who were to be my coworkers. A third interview was attempted, to meet with the head of the department, but this individual was traveling extensively at the time and, when too much time had passed, HR made me an offer anyway.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you might handle a rejection to a request for cooperation.   1 Answer

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick moving. Applied on line and was contacted within 3 days for an interview. I met with the team leader and was asked questions in line with my experience, my ability to travel, and my management skill. Interview lasted about an hour. In the end I was offered a position other than the one I applied for

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick. Was offered a position other than the one I applied for

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple interview process, I had met up with the Help Desk manager for a one on one interview. I was mostly briefed on the responsibilities of the internship and what to expect from the company. Later was questioned on my past work experiences with IT and the tools that I have used.

International Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IEEE (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

I got into this company as a temporary worker. After about a year, the upper management approved to make my position become permanent. Once they posted the new position, I had to apply and interview for the position.