IGA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IGA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.6

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IGA.

Interview

Five minutes of conversation; no questions asked of me--I described myself as honest, dependable and hard-working and was hired on the spot. I was expecting to be bakery help--turns out they were looking for someone to take over the dept with no additional pay. Glorified stock clerk/repetitive heavy lifting of 25-50 lbs was not revealed.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IGA (Owensboro, KY) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application, had my interview. They were a very equal opportunity employer. Very genuine and nice, as well as understanding. We went over my work history, as well as what led me to the place I am today

Interview Questions

• They me why I didn't want to pursue network marketing any longer.   1 Answer

Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petersburg, AK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IGA (Petersburg, AK) in July 2014.

Interview

Very good experience! They made me feel comfortable.And ask me about what i wanted as a Job.It was one of the best interviews that i have ever had. If you ever want to work for a company that feels like family The Trading Union is the place to be! They excepted me as family even if i was from another state!

Interview Questions

• What was my Weakest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tell City, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGA (Tell City, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

I put in an application at the store. I had to call back twice to get an "interview", which was the manager asking about the hours I could work. There was little to no other discussion about dress code, wages, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IGA (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I basically had the job, got interview and hired on the spot. I got the drug test the same day as interview, loved my mangers back then. We talked about our personal lives and she talked about where she has worked.

Promotions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hawley, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGA (Hawley, PA).

Interview

I was asked if I had computer skills and if I'd be willing to travel-that's all. Management chose me based on feedback from other employees. Although I was successfull, the culture was a bullying clique that squelched my further success.

Interview Questions

• There were none even though I tried to get information from the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

How much do I expect to be paid? I'll get back to you.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IGA (Dayton, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

background check and paper work fill out. tell you what kind of this job is and who you gonna work with. the manager at last asked me "did you really want to work here?"

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGA (Bayville, NY).

Interview

Simple walk in an fill out an application, was called a day later to start work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, start off at 8/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGA (Rock Hill, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

Upon referral from someone who works there already, I went to the manager's office at the store and received a paper application. I filled it out, came back in to talk to the manager, he asked me a series of very general questions (can you work with people? have you worked before? nights and weekends? etc) and then told me he would get back to me. I called the next day and he had a training schedule for the following week set up for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation- minimum wage

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGA (Stillwater, OK) in March 2011.

Interview

I just had to walk into the store, fill out a very standard application. Speak to the hiring manager for a little bit about school and what hours I could work, and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your school hours like?   1 Answer