IMEC (Belgium) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.9

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMEC (Belgium) (Kissimmee, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for Sr. System Architect position. Had initial two technical phone interviews followed by on site interview with VP/General Manager. Feedback was good from all three. Was told to expect a call from HR with full compensation package disclosure following which a trip to Leuven for a couple of days worth of on-site interviews would be set up. After that, all went south in a bizarre manner. Call with HR person from the Netherlands lasted over 1 hour during which no package details were given. No clue as to what was to proceed. Two more technical phone interviews were scheduled and undertaken. HR person from Netherlands wished to connect again over a call. Thought that this time they would discuss the next steps in a comprehensive and lucid manner. However, she forgot that she had spoken to me for over an hour only two weeks prior and remembered only when I brought it up during the call as she re-introduced herself. She then apologized profusely and claims that someone will reach out to me soon to inform me of next steps. Within a week received a random unscheduled call from this same HR person now informing me that I am not being considered for the role. The feedback was that I do not possess the leadership skills they desire for the role but that I am a solid candidate who they wish to consider once their Florida R&D center is set up within a year. This was totally at odds with the feedback I received from two of their own hiring managers including their VP. I can understand if they found a candidate who possessed more experience (more years) than me, but to tell me I lacked the leadership experience with my 18-year R&D background across multiple technical domains did not make any sense. My advice is to get your act together, be more organized and quit stringing someone along until the last minute, especially after making them undertake 6 hour-long phone calls and one on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of a manager are you?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IMEC (Belgium) (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It took about 6 month from applying to hearing from HR. In a few month after i applied on-line i received e-mail from Belgium HR asking for a phone interview in a formal way. We talked for about an hour with a recruiter. Next time i heard from IMEC was in two month.

Interview Questions

• Would be be comfortable negotiating technical specifications and contract details with potential customer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The recruiters visited my college and offered interviews to students who went to seemed interested. I interviewed with them and one of the employees gave an idea of what working there would be like. They asked how I could contribute.

Competence Leader Embedded Systems - Imec Netherland Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMEC (Belgium) (Chennai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on imec website for this position. Couple of days later I got the email from the hr team for a skype call to discuss the position and my profile. Had a skype call for around 40 mins with hr person and he asked about my experience and overall motivation to move to Netherlands (i was applying from different country) . It was very informal call and hr told me they would send my profile to hiring manager and get back to me within 1 week. However 1 day later i received automated mail from imec that I am not being considered for further process. It seemed to me that CV was never shared with hiring manager. Also no proper feedback was given

Interview Questions

• strength & weakness, how to negotiate project timelines with customer, why move to Netherlands   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IMEC (Belgium) in August 2016.

Interview

I had an email from recruiter then I applied. After two weeks we scheduled a phone interview which lasted about an hour. After one week i had a technical interview with 4 people which lasted 3 hours.
    After that I got an email that my background was not solid enough...

Phd Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IMEC (Belgium) (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in February 2016.

Interview

After I mail the package to them on Dec.15 I received interview request on 1.23, and interview at 2.22, five professor will interview me at the same time. Overall experience is good, since most of the professor I was familiar with and they also were familiar with my boss at present time.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMEC (Belgium) in January 2016.

Interview

They just keep you waiting with positive feeling and in the loop for a long time and after the long wait they will hire somebody internally or a candidate with recommendations. During the interview, they will make you get a good feeling about the outcome of the interview ( once they even told I am the best in the top 3) and then after months of waiting they will say that they have closed/or changed the job profile for that position and the end the case!!

Interview Questions

• Simple technical and competency questions based on Resume and job profile.   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in `Ein Ibrāhīm (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMEC (Belgium) (`Ein Ibrāhīm (Israel)) in November 2015.

Interview

The senior engineer called me by phone. and we talked about 2 hours.
    He asked my backgound first, then he ask about the tranceiver detail.
    It was not difficult but should explain the detail.
    after two weeks, i could not get the offer

Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IMEC (Belgium).

Interview

Through phone; Asked to describe about my work experience elaborately in detail. Asked what the most interesting aspects of the research that I am applying for. In second round few more employees interviewed me in the same way. the questions are in range from easy to difficult.

Process Engineer Lithography Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heverlee (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IMEC (Belgium) (Heverlee (Belgium)) in August 2015.

Interview

This interview was a three stage interview. It consisted of one HR interview and two interviews with technical management. For the HR interview a personality quiz and a type of intellectual quiz were expected to be completed in advance. The two technical interviews consisted each time of a standard CV explanation and a technical case study.

Interview Questions

• Compare previous work experiences, explain good and bad points of each.   Answer Question