ION Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ION Trading Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

Virtual Interview where you record your answers on the screen. This comes before the actual in-person interview process. It was interesting because this was my first interview of this sort so I would recommend completing the practice interview first before doing the actual one.

Interview Questions

• Describe Color to someone who has never seen it before.
      What value can you add to a team at ION?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ION Trading (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview was completed online through a computerized interface. The second interview was comprised of two interviews with two different people online. The recruiter was accommodating when I was unable to interview at the times she suggested.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe color to a blind person?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ION Trading (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews so far. One technical phone interview, a coding test on skype, and another phone interview. The interview questions were fairly easy, with attention to details being a driving factor.

Interview Questions

• Standard java interview questions   1 Answer

Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ION Trading (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a video interview where they gave you a question, one minute to prepare, and one minute to record your answer. Pretty simple behavioral questions. Prepare answers before you go in. Dress professionally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ION Trading (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Web Interview with questions with 30 secs to prepare and 1 minute to answer
    2. In person interviews (2 rounds)
    3. Office superday (1 case interview, 3 technical/behavioral interview)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ION Trading in February 2017.

Interview

First Round online interview. Completely behavioral. Get an email and open a link later. 30min video interview where you get 5-6 questions and get ask to ask a question or two back

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ION Trading (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn about a receptionist role. I responded as interested, and proceeded to email a recruiter with my resume and information. I went through two screening calls and was scheduled for yet another phone interview, which did not accommodate my schedule (they just scheduled it for me without asking if I was available at the time, which by the way I wasn't).

This *third* phone interview did not happen because they must have dialed the wrong number. I did not get the chance to call myself, as a number for the hiring manager was not listed in the email, nor was the number for literally anyone else at the company. I received a very rude email after the proposed time stating that they had called me twice and that I did not answer, to which I asked if we could reschedule and maybe I could call, or even come in to the office in person. No response. Not a good first impression.

In addition to the interview experience, the Glassdoor reviews of the company really helped-- after I saw that management is not responsive to the employees, my opinion of the company was not a positive one to start out with. This interview experience cements my unfavorable experience with Ion Trading Group.

Interview Questions

• 2nd phone screen asked how my values accorded with Ion's.   1 Answer

Rotational Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ION Trading in October 2016.

Interview

Starts out with a online interview where you are presented with a sentence and you record yourself answering the questions. You have 4 minutes for each question. You then have an in person interview on campus or a video interview if they don't come to your campus, then a final interview in New York.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ION Trading (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was relatively simple, they held on campus interviews with 2 thirty minute behavioral interviews and then flew us out to their office. The interview questions were relatively straightforward and creativity was definitely valued.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ION Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty stringent process. 3 rounds of interviews, followed by a lengthy approval process. Included personality / intelligence test. Overall fair and well worth it. Comes off better than previous experiences at other firms, that in hindsight would just hire anyone.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the biggest challenges you've had in your previous roles?   Answer Question