Illinois State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Illinois State Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.4

Faculty Interview

Interview

Two day campus visit with administration meetings, teaching demo and research talk. All meals included and tour of area. Also had the opportunity to meet with the annual review committee, technology support and research office.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very straightforward interview. It consisted of very basic questions such as "tell us about yourself" to begin, "what are your strengths and weaknesses", etc. It was a friendly environment and allowed for good communication between the interviewer and myself. I was interviewed by three people, though this was a very informal interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage your time working under a time constraint?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL).

Interview

Talked with several faculty about their research, attended faculty seminar, lunch with graduate students, small reception/dinner after. Very informal, laid back. Everyone was interesting and helpful. Wanted to get to know the candidates

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview wasn't that bad. It was kind of far to bloomington but not too bad. The interview itself was average. I would do it again. Illinois State is a good school with alot of people that go there, primarily from Chicago suburbs. I think the internship would be a valuable experience but I am not entirely sure.

Rt Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

They were very professional. Even tho I was nervous, they were willing for me to take my time.
    They spoke clearly. There was a panel of three. Each one took their turn asking questions and at the end asked if I had any questions for them. Over all it was not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Illinois State.

Interview

I applied onlie,through univesity's online job portal and got inter view call within a week ,had questions based on your previous work experience and basic web programming skills

Interview Questions

• previous web development experiance   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL).

Interview

Completed research presentation, met with faculty in small groups. Met with Chair and Dean individually. Whole process took 1.5 days. Also included campus and community tours. Whole process was very professional and well organized.

Interview Questions

• Asked about research stream and teaching philosophy primarily.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illinois State (Normal, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people - the head of the department and the person who held the position I was applying for. The meeting was held in a conference room. I was asked questions by both interviewers. The questions lasted for 10-15 minutes. Afterward, I was given a chance to ask any questions I had. Once done, I was given a skills test. The test involved proofreading a one-page pager and correcting for APA formatting issues. The second part of the test involved creating a chart in Microsoft Excel to graphically represent information given on a sheet of paper. Finally, I was tasked with conducting a few basic analyses in SPSS.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illinois State.

Interview

I applied through careers portal and was scheduled for in person after initial phone screen.
    The interview itself was easy and mostly involved going over previous experiences.
    There were basic programming questions

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Illinois State.

Interview

Simple and focused on your knowledge and approach to tutoring. They really wanted to know from the beginning if you were serious or not about helping students or just making some money. One in person interview was the only part of the process at all, at least for me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None at all you get paid minimum wage