Impossible Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Pilot Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impossible Foods (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty informal and a bit unorganized. There were supposed to be 4 separate interviewers but one of the interviewers couldn't be found and therefore my interview was cut short. Overall, the people I did meet with were straight to the point in letting me know what they require in a new employee.

Pilot Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impossible Foods (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager to review the job requirements, my skills and get a feel for if I would be a good culture fit. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. After the interview, I was shown around the facility to meet my potential coworkers.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have in the food industry?   1 Answer

AP Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Impossible Foods in September 2015.

Interview

The interview and hiring process were quick and organized. I got the first phone interview for 20 minus with the recruiter who is knowledgeable and communicative. He moved me to the hiring team and had a second phone interview with all work related questions on the next day. And I was called quickly for an on-site interview with a group of three professionals. I had a great pleasure talking with them. I got an offer with 5 days after the interview.

IT Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Impossible Foods (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a cold call from Matt, a recruiter from Impossible Foods. I felt an immediate comfort and ease during my initial call with Matt. He really got me excited with the possibility of working for Impossible Foods. Who would've thought a non-solicited call from Matt would turn out to be one of the best opportunities that would land in my lap. The interview process was pretty straightforward from the initial phone screen all the way to the face to face interview. During the interview process, I managed to talk to the different members of Impossible Foods. They are really passionate about what they do and how Impossible Foods can be a game changer. I really felt they genuinely listened to what I had to say and what I can bring to the table. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised on how smooth the whole interview process was conducted.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what is the most challenging problem\issue I faced and how did I go about addressing it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Impossible Foods.

Interview

This interview process dragged on and on with extremely poor communication from all involved at Impossible Foods. They were disorganized and no-showed to multiple interviews. They did not follow-up with an offer nor rejection and although the company mission is exciting, their hiring process was a disaster. They will miss out on quality candidates who are not willing or able to withstand their hiring process (or lack there of).

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impossible Foods.

Interview

1 or 2 phone calls, then an in-person interview with the team. The company and product seem awesome, they have big investors (250+ million invested), but only have there product in 100 locations in 5 years (ramping up very slowly). I hope they are very successful, but not sure how they are going to make that money back, my guess is they will sell for big money to a larger company in a few years (but isn't that the goal of all start-ups). Most of the interview process was very laid back and easy. First time going to an interview, and the interviewers had only 4 months experience with the company, usually interviewing with managers and so on. Wish them the best of luck going up against Beyond Meat and the Sysco partnership.

Administrative Interview

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter via email after submitting my resume and cover letter directly from the site. We had a 30 minute conversation and then I was contacted via email again to schedule the onsite interview. I was given the names beforehand of the team members I would be meeting with to help me prepare. There is a very welcoming staff and I had an enjoyable conversation with each team.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to come home from a bad day at work versus a good day?   Answer Question
    • How will you prioritize tasks when multiple people and teams send you requests?   Answer Question
    • What will be the biggest challenge for you if you accept this position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the challenges you have faced in past roles and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Interviewed with the inhouse recruiter who came across condescending, rushed for time, and unfocused. Our interview needed to be 'rescheduled' a few times. That's normal for a growing company so I understood that. When we finally did connect, she was juggling too many things at the time to even have a decent conversation: she was late, running from one office to another, and asked multiple times for me to repeat my answer. It was horrible.

Interview Questions

• even easy questions were hard to answer because she kept on asking to repeat my answer   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Impossible Foods in April 2018.

Interview

I applied to Impossible Foods and a week later, I received an email from the Recruiter to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The interview only lasted about 12 minutes. She asked two questions. It seemed like she was uninterested and wanted to speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• How does your background relate to the role you are applying for?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impossible Foods.

Interview

A recruiter reached out by email to schedule a call and have a screening call. Straight forward but it was pretty clear that this particular recruiter is quite fresh and had no particular reason for being very unprofessional and having too much chip on her shoulder. Calling from somewhere candidate actually can hear is at least they can do as recruiters. She informed me at the beginning of this call that phone call sound will not be good because of echo. Select a location or equipment which won't have this problem - it was rather unprofessional and initial impression of the company was terrible.