InPhenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at InPhenix

Device Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at InPhenix (Livermore, CA).

Interview

Sent resume to HR. A VP called me one week later. She asked me a lot of technical questions over the phone, most of the questions were related to her own products, and she wanted to know how I solve them in my current company.

Interview Questions

• Shortly after the phone interview, the same VP sent me an email. She asked me to answer the questions in her email before bring me for an on-site interview. Here are the questions she asked me to answer:
      1. How to get higher Psat and at same time to keep high gain?
      2. How do you define tapered waveguide?
      3. What is the disadvantage if the waveguide is tapered?
      4. How to design the tapered waveguide?
      5. Which parameters are limited the modulation speed?
      6. What is "multi-contact device"? what is the benefit?
      7. Why is VCSOA insensitive to the polarization of input signal?
      8. How to design VCSOA?
      9. How do you control the polarization sensitivity of an asymmetric structure of MQW SOA?
      10. How to design QD SOA? What are the key parameters?
      1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InPhenix.

Interview

many interview ask interview to fix problem on phone not good pay take long time for hire tell you rise coming never get rise promotion promise money stock never get.

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InPhenix (Livermore, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Asked many questions to solve their problems. they called me many times and interviewed and then took a test then waited to be interviewed again while they called for free advise to solve problems

Interview Questions

• asked very basic questions and tried to get free advise over the phone to solve problems that were having, for free.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The are close to my home, and there are some pretty Chinese girls working here. They don't pay very much and promise stock, but they are a private company.

Devices Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at InPhenix (Livermore, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Submitted job application to HR. Within one week, a hiring manager sent me an email, including five design/manufacturing issues and asked me for solutions. After I gave her my best solutions, she bounced back more questions (8 in total) and asked me more technical details and explanation. After I gave her what she was looking for, I was invited for on-site interview. On-site interview started with a written test, then was focused on technical/manufacturing solutions, a lot of questions about design/processing/testing.
    After nearly 3 hours interview, I finally realized the hiring manager was not interested in me as a job applicant. What she really wanted was solutions for her products, processing, and design. 2 days after that interview, she sent me 7 more technical questions and asked my answers (which was annoying and ridiculous). I never answered her email again. Ironically, two weeks later, HR called me and would like to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• I was shocked, during the whole application & interview process, they constantly asked for product IP, design/process details, some times trade secrets of other companies. I guess it is how this company steal other companies, often time, competitors' information.   2 Answers

They treated me like an information source rather than a human being. I kept wondering, once they got all the information from me, what will happen to me next?

InPhenix Response

Oct 9, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. Our apologies that you found the interview process intense. However, since you may have been applying for a senior level technical managerial position, you will ... More