Independent Project Analysis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Independent Project Analysis

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview

The process took 5 weeks and was never completed. Two weeks after the initial phone interview, an HR representative contacted me to schedule a series of in-person interviews along with a short presentation. This person, however, did not know the interview date, and was to get back to me the next day with possible dates. Three weeks later, and after speaking with three different HR representatives plus the hiring manager, they still did not have a date set for the interview. This signaled to me a highly probable mismatch with the company culture, so I decided to remove myself from the process and pursue a different opportunity.

Data Control Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview

Casual on the phone conversation and interviewed future co-workers as well as the team lead(if I had accepted the offer). During this time, we talked about who I am, what the job was and what I expected to make. Soon after, I was told the pay was negotiable and that they wanted to meet with me.

This type of interview was done to see if I would be a fit to "the team". The work sounded very interesting and something I would enjoy doing. Like some of the reviews on Glass Door have mentioned, there are family members in the mix. A few of the interviewers/co-workers mentioned they were of relation by marriage or blood to the higher ups of the company.

When I was called and offered the job, they seemed irritated that I would even try to negotiate and even talked down to me about it. Needless to say, I didn't accept. Didn't seem like a great work environment.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis (Ashburn, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic Interview with all the basic questions - tell me about yourself, describe your top 3 qualities, tell me about a time when you worked in a stressful situation, and how you resolved it.

They also administer a skills test - I believe it had several different parts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful work situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis (Ashburn, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

There is a phone interview first, then a personal interview. The interviewer was very nice. He asked about how my experience fit with the job description. He asked me to tell him stories about me successfully carrying out projects. He asked me about my areas of expertise and team work. He let me ask questions about the work in the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience fit with the work that we do here? Tell me about a time when you successfully accomplished a projects in a fast cycle.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview

After resume accepted, phone interview, then 6 hour day of interviews and maybe give a presentation. Presentation can get you the job or you can lose it because of poor performance. Presentation skills are closely analyzed, second order is topic. Then it's how you mix with the employes, your resume they were already impressed by.

Interview Questions

• Questions are text book. Couple people may try some off the wall ones to make them feel special.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask higher than u wanted, then work your way down.

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was much more involved than I expected, but it was overall pretty awesome. The interview started early in the morning, around 8:30. I took a writing test and was then given my interview schedule. I cycled through the company, doing roughly half hour interviews with a variety of people at different levels within the company. I went to lunch with three research analysts and gave a 30-minute talk to anyone who could come about one of my graduate research projects with a Q&A after that. I did several more short interviews and finished up with the director of HR. At the end of the day, I spent about 7 hours on site and got a very good idea of their operations and the culture.

Interview Questions

• The best interview question I had was to imagine that I was working for a light bulb distributor and was asked to quantify the New York City lightbulb market.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview

I got a phone interview from one of their senior management team members. Then, someone from HR called me a few days later. Despite me trying to call her back 3 times, she would not answer her phone or return my voice mail. Then, two months later, they sent me a form-letter rejection. The delay was so long that I (a) assumed that I was not going to get this job, (b) thought their HR process was a mess, and (c) wasn’t interested in this job anyway (or I would have followed up again).

Also, moving my entire life to Virginia to consult with oil and gas companies in Texas at a salary of less than what I made 8 full years ago (when I was not traveling or working more than 40 hours a week) was really not my life goal at this time. The salary range was around 75k. Really...for a PhD to consult with oil and gas companies? 75k is the going rate now? My friends are making about 2-4x that in non-traveling 40 hour a week jobs. This was non-negotiable.

Their cut & paste rejection letter is just unprofessional to send 2 long months after my initial interview, but it seems to follow the rest of the pattern with my haphazard interview process. As someone who was unemployed for as long as I was, I just could not believe how rude and unprofessional so many companies are toward their applicants. However, they were not the worst. Another company made me wait 4 months! Well, IPA "Good luck with your future endeavors!"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis (Sterling, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

They started with a phone interview, and then called me after a week to schedule a day long interview. On that day, I went through 7 interviews (each about 30 minutes). I did a group presentation too.

Interview Questions

Although it is an interesting company to work for, I chose not to go in the consulting world.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis (Ashburn, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Family company. Rigorous but fair interview and selection process

moving interstate

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Independent Project Analysis.

Interview

Unconventional : there is only one real interview with the office director.
    The other interviews are more about general discussion and explaining the Job.
    The candidate also has to brief a presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation...that is one of the weaknesses of the company.