Indiegogo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Indiegogo

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indiegogo.

Interview

The interview process took about a month in total, from initial online application to final offer. I was emailed by a member of the HR department to set up an initial phone screen, which took place the week after. This person let me know they would follow up internally with the HR team, which led me to a phone interview with the person who would be my direct supervisor.

This second interview, which actually took place through Google Hangouts, focused on particular details of my resume and standout moments from my previous work experience. As this went well, I was asked to complete a fun and short case study that gave me the opportunity to showcase what I could bring to the role, which was to be due the following Monday EOD. It turns out they were pleased with my work and asked me to come in for an on-site interview the next week.

During the interview, I spoke with a few people in separate 30 minute intervals who I would be working with directly. They all gave me the opportunity to ask any questions I may have had about the role, as well as a quick tour of the entire office. After my on-site, I received an email a couple hours later from my prospective supervisor asking to chat over the phone as they had good news. I was offered the job the same day and I happily accepted!

All in all, I had a wonderful interview experience, as follow up for next steps was always timely and everyone I spoke with made me feel really comfortable. That level of comfortability allowed me to answer their questions with a great amount of confidence and clarity. It never felt like I was in the hot seat, which never helps being in the already nerve-wracking position of being an interviewee!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indiegogo.

Interview

I was referred in by an employee who is a friend of a friend. I got an email from a recruiter within 24 hours of my resume being submitted and had scheduled a phone interview with the recruiter and the Director of Engineering a few days later.

The initial interview was very broad and open allowing the director and recruiter to get a good feel for my personality and general skills. Within 2 hours of the initial interview I was contacted to setup a technical interview with one of the senior engineers. The interview was scheduled for the next day.

The technical interview was conducted via Google Hangout with a Stypi setup for coding problems and test questions. This portion of the interview started off very basic technical ability and moved on to building certain algorithms in code/pseudo code. It ended with some generic academia type questions - "purpose of inheritance, inner join vs outer join, etc".

Within 24 hours of completing the technical interview I was contact again by the recruiter to be told that they were pursuing a different candidate for the position. Overall it was a great experience - everyone I spoke to was very kind and incredibly enthusiastic. This made for a pretty relaxed setting for the various interviews.

Interview Questions

• Write the base C function atoi(char* string) without using the built in transformation functions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indiegogo in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and was contacted by a recruiter. The time I spent in contact with them was a complete WASTE of time. After submitting on online application, I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an interview. After responding to their email, I ever got an email back to schedule an interview. I emailed again, but was again, ignored. Indiegogo is just another startup with flaky recruiters. Don't bother applying here, they'll just waste your time.

Interview Questions

Indiegogo Response

May 10, 2016 – Technical Recruiter

Hello, I apologize for your experience! I am the sole technical recruiter for Indiegogo and would never Ignore you especially after reaching out for a conversation. I hope that this experience does... More

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiegogo (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter, followed by phone calls with hiring manager and another team member. Next was a homework assignment, followed by an in-person presentation of the homework to a group of people. The presentation was followed by a few more interviews with various people across the company. Final steps were a phone call interview with the Head of Sales, and a final in-person interview with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about securing more partners for Indiegogo?   Answer Question

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indiegogo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview first followed by an on-site with 4 people about 30-45 minutes each. I met with two recruiters who asked me about my process and recruiting knowledge. After which their head of HR followed up with a fairly standard people oriented one. The thing that really had me was the interview with a Senior Engineer who drilled me on my Technical knowledge. This proved to me that their Engineers do respect recruiting unlike every other place that claims to have the respect of their Engineering team. The recruiter was very responsive with any questions and concerns I had throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to leave my last company(current at the time).   1 Answer

Head of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Indiegogo (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, including a fairly large number of people. Their recruiting team did a top notch job, smart people all around. Interviewed with 14 people, which seemed a bit much, and the presentation question was so open ended and had a short presentation time that it didn't set you up to give them exactly what they were looking for. I wish I'd had a chance to give them what they wanted, which a more focused question would have solved and offered a more successful presentation. That said, I really liked the company and people, passionate and smart, I think they'll do very well and would likely be a great place to work.

Executive Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiegogo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Fast interview process. Two phone interviews, one homework assignment, and one interview on site. Great energy at the office right when you walk in. Immediately notice the relaxed atmosphere among employees and intense work ethic. Interviewers were all friendly and very engaging. Overall, wonderful sense of community with a startup vibe.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the company?
      Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Indiegogo (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter Call. Hiring Manager Call. Onsite. Process took 3 weeks. Everyone was nice and overall thought it was a good interview. Overall felt like wasted time. Recruiter told me they'd get back to me in a few business days, never heard anything in regards to a yes or no. Ended up going with another offer. Doesn't feel like they really have their stuff together.

If a candidate dedicates time to an onsite, the company should get back to the candidate with either a yes or no in the time they say they will. It's the professional thing to do. Other reviews said the same so I should of expected it.

No offer or feedback.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indiegogo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, then in-person interview which took about five hours.
    Design test (which IGG doesn't pay candidates for their time, but should).
    Series of group interviews, with one one-on-one with reporting manager and VP of design.
    Whiteboarding session.
    Wrap-up with recruiter.

Of note, interview process can be overwhelming because of the time, number of people, but really, keep in mind, IGG design team skills / talent is collectively mediocre, so don't be intimidated.

Interview Questions

• Common questions heard from other design interviews.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Indiegogo in July 2014.

Interview

It was a long interview process, I had 3 interviews 2 were done on Google Hangout & 1 in person. I thought it went well, but didn't get an offer.
    It was a little bit of a chaotic environment when I first walked in & not very organized as to who was interviewing me first when I got to the office.
    Everyone was nice though.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Indiegogo (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

First they had a recruiter give me a call. I passed that with flying colors. The recruited didn't know much about the position and what a CSR position normally requires so as long as you have experience it's not hard to get an in person interview with the whole team, which was the next step.

I met with the director then a few of the support team members individually, which was nice to see that the team had a say on who they work with.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a fraudulent posting on Indiegogo's site?   Answer Question